collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Mysterious Breyer sign out in the wilderness...  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
The Mysterious Breyer sign out in the wilderness...
« on: October 23, 2022, 09:07:29 AM »
I had a fun experience to tell that recently happened to me, and I know my fellow collectors here on the Arena would appreciate the story.  :lol:

I work retail and when one of our nearby stores is short a person, I'm often one of the only people willing to travel to those stores and fill in until they hire a replacement. So I was asked to fill in for someone in North Conway, NH, which is about an hour from where I live. Not too big a deal. I've driven further than that. (And I get reimbursed for mileage which is very nice.)

So I live out in a rural area, and North Conway is on the other side of a mountain range, popular for skiing. I have to take a winding mountain road in order to get to a bigger rural route road, that takes me into North Conway (thankfully I have a good GPS!). So anyway, I'm on my way to North Conway, very early in the morning, to open the store where I work. I'm driving down this rural route through the mountains in the middle of nowhere, with an occasional house or farm but mostly just trees and trees and trees for my view.

When all of a sudden, I see a Breyer sign on the side of the road! It's big and blue with white letters, unmistakable. Of course I'm going fast so I breeze right by it without even really seeing it, and I can't be late for work so I can't turn around and check it out, but I'm so curious! Does this sign in the woods really say Breyer, or was I seeing things? And what could it mean?

So the next day as I'm driving to work again, I slow down as I come to the area, to see what it could be. There it is, the Breyer logo on a large sign on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere. Above it is a wooden sign that reads, to my surprise, Triple Mountain Model Horses! It's a model horse store, in the middle of nowhere!? I'm confused and intrigued! Keep in mind there are no other businesses anywhere on this road, and barely any houses. There's a dirt road next to the sign, but I can't see a building to go with it. Through the trees I can see a couple buildings far back along the dirt road but they look like houses, not a store.

Being the spooky time of year, my overactive imagination is in overdrive now. A suspicious horse model store in the middle of the wilderness, enticing people to have to drive out here away from civilization! What could be their nefarious plot for us unsuspecting model horse collectors!? XD

Well when I got home from work I googled the Triple Mountain Model Horses and found some very nice photos of the store, which apparently does exist, even if you can't see it from the road. It looks amazing, with a life-sized model appaloosa out front! And I do plan to stop and visit someday. It's a bit of a drive from where I live and usually I only go that way when I'm going to work, so I'm going to have to wait to make a special trip on my day off, when I'm sure they're open.

I look forward to meeting these people who run the shop and seeing all the Breyers and other toys they might have! I'll keep you all updated when I finally make a trip out there.

Post Merge: October 23, 2022, 09:08:32 AM

(Whoops! I meant to post this in Toybox, sorry. Could someone move it for me? :blush: )
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Mysterious Breyer sign out in the wilderness...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 10:40:59 AM »
LOL omg, what a spooky story!! I definitely would have been one of those hapless teenagers who got murdered as I went to investigate the totally-legit Breyer store! 🤣 I hope you get a chance to visit and find a ton of cool horses!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline SinisteaParty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 06:23:53 AM »
Okay I looked it up because I had to see pictures and it’s only open a few hours on sundays and closed the rest of the week which definitely adds to the creepy factor

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 08:07:41 PM »
Okay I looked it up because I had to see pictures and it’s only open a few hours on sundays and closed the rest of the week which definitely adds to the creepy factor

LOL you are so right! I work retail so they've got me scheduled for just about every weekend next month (thanks holiday shopping season) but as soon as I get a free Sunday I'm definitely going to investigate. Who knows what Breyer treasures could be within! XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 08:47:45 AM »
It looks brilliant, I do hope you get chance to go there sometime soon. I notice the photos they use on the website were taken in summer but I bet it's really spooky at this time of year! The directions section is also great fun and definitely sounds like something straight out of a horror movie. GPS is sketchy...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 09:53:51 AM »
heh i'm looking at the website for that... and they have ponies up on consignment a ss sundance with bridle a windy and they had a wavedancer and there are some accessories neat.

art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal