collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pinkie Cooper - Anthro Dog Dolls  (Read 41907 times)

Offline SilkSpun

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
Re: Pinkie Cooper - New doll line!
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »
Oh wow, so some online stores have her. Well, I'll make myself wait until I can go into a retail store to get them. This will be one of those few times I will have to get fashion packs for them. They look so fun!

I wish they would have gave her a tail, though! That would have been super cute.
I know, right? >_< To fix that, I plan on drilling out a very small hole in her lower back and gluing in a mini rare earth magnet, then covering it with smooth apoxie. Then I can make a bunch of cute tails from different faux furs and fabrics with another magnet sewn into their base... that way they can be easily swapped and worn over clothing! Should be simple! :biggrin:
Formerly SilkSpindle!

picklepud

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2013, 12:50:23 AM »
I found it very strange that here in the UK they come with the headbands and in the US they don't.

Lon-san

« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »
SilkSpindle: What I've been thinking about with the ears is wondering if doll box plastic and hot glue could make  new ear supports to sew on the fur ears. Using the ones they come with, with the hair removed, would work but if new ones could be made, I could keep the originals for rerooting :3

I'm kind of on the fence about the boobs. I like seeing flatter chested adult dolls because it says "YES, THEY EXIST". On the other hand, a lot of anthro BJD have flat chested bodies, which is why I was excited that Hujoo Freya had some boobage. Doesn't effect my excitement over them in any way, though :D

Ooh! Nice review! I saw one were someone was asking them to review the dolls and I had hoped they would. Weird about the head band, thing.
(Heehee! They are so short! <3)

Not sure what I want to do about the tails now. On one hand, the magnets can be worn over clothing, but I find a lot of fabric blocks the connection and it ends up falling off. I was planning to do a hole and peg thing that would stay put, but need the clothing to accommodate it...hmm...dunno.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2013, 06:39:10 AM »
Just ordered my first Pinkie [going with the London Pinkie] but I think I'll be ordering more before she arrives!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2013, 07:00:35 AM »
I found it very strange that here in the UK they come with the headbands and in the US they don't.
I know! Unfair >:[ I want one with a headband!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »
I know! Unfair >:[ I want one with a headband!
They Don't here in north america?
Thats no good i liked them better with them :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2013, 01:58:22 PM »
I want Pepper Parsons so much but Amazon says she won't be dispatched for 1-2 months... and I've been messed about by Amazon's pre-ordering before but this doesn't say it's a pre-order even so I think I'm gonna have to wait.

They aren't in stores yet are they?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline SilkSpun

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »
Not sure what I want to do about the tails now. On one hand, the magnets can be worn over clothing, but I find a lot of fabric blocks the connection and it ends up falling off. I was planning to do a hole and peg thing that would stay put, but need the clothing to accommodate it...hmm...dunno.
That's why I wanted to use rare earth magnets! They're a special type of magnet that is RIDICULOUSLY strong - I think they're used to make bucky balls, too? If it's any indication of their strength, I've used them in fursuit costuming before to keep the flap concealing a zipper closed, with two layers of faux fur, two layers of fleece, and a zipper between them. They'll definitely hold on just some doll clothes. :P

You usually can't find them in craft stores, but you can get them online, like here! I wanted to get some of the little micro disk ones, should fit their lower backs nicely.
Formerly SilkSpindle!

honilee

« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2013, 05:43:20 PM »
That's why I wanted to use rare earth magnets! They're a special type of magnet that is RIDICULOUSLY strong - I think they're used to make bucky balls, too? If it's any indication of their strength, I've used them in fursuit costuming before to keep the flap concealing a zipper closed, with two layers of faux fur, two layers of fleece, and a zipper between them. They'll definitely hold on just some doll clothes. :P

You usually can't find them in craft stores, but you can get them online, like here! I wanted to get some of the little micro disk ones, should fit their lower backs nicely.

Rare earth magnets are super-strong and should work well for making tails hold through layers of clothes but I feel I must say:

PSA: Please be careful keeping these magnets away from children and pets, everyone! I know none of us would go out and purposefully feed them to children or animals, but these magnets are strong enough to cause serious health problems if accidentally swallowed. Please be cautious!

Offline SilkSpun

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »

Rare earth magnets are super-strong and should work well for making tails hold through layers of clothes but I feel I must say:

PSA: Please be careful keeping these magnets away from children and pets, everyone! I know none of us would go out and purposefully feed them to children or animals, but these magnets are strong enough to cause serious health problems if accidentally swallowed. Please be cautious!

Aaaand that's why bucky balls were pulled off the market. ^^; If you don't have nibbly children or thieving pets to worry about, though, they're awesome!
Formerly SilkSpindle!

Lon-san

« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2013, 06:25:36 AM »
SilkSpindle: I have some from when I installed a magnet in my Freya like so:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10166952@N00/8135705628/in/photolist-doVBQG-dfTtTi

A fabric tail wouldn't have the kind of weight a plastic tail does, so it WOULD would stay put better.
....Though the peg version woild allow for a piece of wire to make it stand up a little.

Honilee: YES. Everybody with little ones needs to be vigilant! I was sick with worry when I thought I was missing 2 of mine. So worried my kitten was going to find them and go "Lol gonna eat this shiny thing!". They are STILL awsome, you just have to make sure they can't go astray.

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2013, 06:46:05 AM »
Omigosh.

I suppose it has been said already, but may I ask where in the UK people are finding them? :) I need to get pepper!
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2013, 06:48:04 AM »
Pepper seems to be the hot one right now. I can't help you out, but when you find her available, I'd say grab her, because I think she is going to be the fast moving one.

picklepud

« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Omigosh.

I suppose it has been said already, but may I ask where in the UK people are finding them? :) I need to get pepper!

I got some of mine from Smyths toystore and also Amazon UK.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
If anyone from the UK would be kind enough to pick me up a Pepper Parsons (if they can find one) and post her to me in Australia (deboxed) I'd be super grateful. Just PM me if you might be able to! ^.^
Amazon says 1-3 months dispatch time, nowhere else will post to Australia except eBay with inflated its prices. :(
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal