collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: age customes  (Read 440 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
age customes
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
So i am making a custom for my nieces...they will be 10 in november....any suggestions for those who have made gifts. If they play with it what could make it durable. What do sealers do? What is the best one? What are some kid ideas...thanks for the help.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
Re: age customes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »
I did G4s for my cousin's daughters on their 7th birthday; I left the original hair, sealed with mod podge, didn't add any fancy extras and sent them with a warning that if the ponies get played with roughly, they're not going to look good for long. I think ideally a custom pony isn't to be played with, but I left it up to them (since i wasn't worried about hair getting pulled out).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Any other ponies I've done for kids (two for a baby who's too young to play anyway, two for girls who are 7 and 5-ish, old enough to leave them alone), I've made sure the parents knew that the pony should be a display piece. I don't think glued-in hair is likely to fall out, but if the ponies got wet, the glue could soften, and definitely the mod podge.
My son plays with the pony I made for him... she's surviving, but she looked like this after 12 hours or so  >_<

Disregard the Prologue

DancerKim82

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
My son is 3 and he plays with some of my 'practice ones' and i have made him a couple and they are holding up well, I use fabri tac in the head after rehair, and so far none has fallen out, I always test first before I give it to him. use mod podge and polyurethane gloss varnish for sealers, they seem to hold up fine, he is not a rough child by nature and I don't let him take them in the bathtub.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
I've done a lot of kid pony gifts.  For younger kids, I leave factory hair (Hasbro made it for them, right? lol) and I repaint and seal and try to include a few fun accessories:

This was a gift for my friend's 9 year old girl (pardon the lighting, I was rushing out the door for her party).  I've heard the little girl has her on display and adores her, but doesn't "play" with her.

This was for a 4 year old's birthday, with instructions to mommy that she is not a bath toy (took one dip anyways and survived!)

The middle pony has the child's name on it in the symbol, you can use their ages, the year, their names, themes, endless choices!  Up to you, but I steer clear of added sculpting and for little kids even added hair.

Food for thought, can't wait to see what you create!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »
I love these kid-safe ponies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal