collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: how to decide? what to know?  (Read 670 times)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
how to decide? what to know?
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »
So, I keep coming by to look at pics of your beautiful dolls, and I'm becoming more tempted to get one. but I'm clueless. I don't know what I should look for, what I should avoid, what prices are good/bad, etc. so maybe Ican get some advice?

I only own 1 doll - a Living Dead Doll (Sheena - since that's my name too), still MIB  :lookround:

from recent looking, these are the ones that have caught my eye...
Pullip Hednar http://pullipstyle.com/pullipstyle/product_info.php?products_id=957&osCsid=81349e8c9794d6bd377a8c17e2c86971
Pullip Mir http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$(KGrHqZ,!iYE7TiRi(fkBPJ1k+dM4w~~60_12.JPG
Pullip Naomi http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzYwWDI0MA==/$(KGrHqRHJE!E88YlIO89BP(+hYpy7w~~60_12.JPG
Pullip Zuora http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzYwWDI0MA==/$(KGrHqUOKicE6didSL7VBOrkjMOJ-!~~60_12.JPG

looks like they're all over $100 lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: how to decide? what to know?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »
Unfortunately, you're not going to find any of those girls on a direct sale site like Pullip Style, eLuts, etc for under $100 but you could always buy her nude/used from an eBay seller. They do have older release dolls for sale at $85 over on Pullip Style that come MIB with their outfits and they ship from the US. You could also try getting a Pullip mini, they're usually no more than $30 but they are ADORABLE! Also if you're not sure you like a doll with their stock (default) outfit, you could always do a google or flickr search for her. That way you can see how she'd look with different eyes, different wigs or a possible face-up change. It's really neat to see how versatile these dolls can be. :)

I should also note to avoid the "angel gate" doll heads on eBay. Though they appear pretty in the photos and a possible cheap solution, they're actually a bootleg doll head that does not even come with an eye mechanism. That means there is nothing inside the head to keep the eyes in place and you cannot move them like you can with a normal Pullip. I've seen some gorgeous customs made with them, but as a first time buyer it's not something you'd want to do.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:37:10 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: how to decide? what to know?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
I have Mir and she's lovely! I could babble about her for days. xD
Tried to cover everything I could think of, feel free to ask more questions. But I'm not crazy experienced with Pullips, so yeah. Only had three.

Bonus photos because she's pretty. :D

I'm pretty sure staining is common with Mir. Mine is so lightly stained you can barely tell, so its no big deal. Not sure if they're prone to being really super horrible with the staining or not.

Her eye chips. . .suck, to put it kindly. They're insanely boring and I wanted to get new chips for mine immediately. The symbol in one eye is cool, but I think her stock eyes just look terrible as they are.

Face up. . .her lips are amazing. I spent so much time just starring at them. But my first Pullip, the only one I had before Mir, had HORRID lips. I swear they look so chapped and peeling. So I may be biased. Eye makeup and whatnot, I like it. She's simple, but it looks very nice.

Her wig is long. I'm pretty sure its longer than her legs are, actually. But, because of the braids that make up most of her hair, its very easy to manage and I adore it. To give you an idea of my patience with long hair, I had my Ala's wig cut and the day I got my Eos I chopped off like half of her hair. I do not tolerate long doll hair. xD The additional hair piece is fun, and having it removable instead of part of her wig is wonderful. More versatility without needing to be able to style doll hair, or style over and over!

Her skin is very light, and while its incredibly beautiful it can be very hard to photograph. Direct sunlight + Mir = bad, in my experience. But with better equipment or actual set up stuff, you could probably help that issue? I dunno. In the right light she is just gorgeous.

Her stock is VERY versatile, I swear it feels like she comes with like 5+ outfits with all her different pieces. xD I love it so much. It photographs beautifully, and yeah. Basically lots of "I love it".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal