collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yarn and sew Pony here.  (Read 427 times)

Yarn n sew pony

• Trade Count: (0)
Yarn and sew Pony here.
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:06:33 AM »
Hi all my fellow MLP pony family. I am a 44 year old. Pony loving, knitting, sewing crocheting, seamstress, Pony lover. I am a Brit living in the US ( since 1997).Met My airforce ( retired now) husband there and our kids were born there.   But I still have the accent :-).

I have just started collecting again. I had a few saved from when i was a kid and my daughter was younger. She is now 21 and married!I also have a 24 year old son too. So pretty much an empty nester.

So how I became hooked again ..... I am a stage 4 cancer survivor , I was diagnosed with Non hodgkins lymphoma in 2011. Went through the whirlwind of treatments sickness hair loss and so much more. But onto the positive. I survived And even though i suffer from the effects of the chemo and desease, I am now trying to live life to the fullest. And do what Makes my life happy!!!

So i had pulled the tote of ponies out when i was watching a friends little girl, and we had fun washing and brushing them. Then the next day I was like " you know I really love these and i am going to start collecting again". When I was a kid in England. I only had a couple of the real My little ponys and a few  fakies and My parents couldn't afford to buy me the real ones. And I dreamed of owning the stable and bride pony. So that's where i started my search just only a little over a week ago. And found an awesome lot online of the stable, 10 vintage horses and a ton of accessories. Then I started checking out the thrift stores, and well to cut a long story short i have a new lot of pones joining my herd!! coming in the mail from various sources , 100+ to be exact. I mostly want to collect G1 and G3. But its hard to just stop there LOL.
I have so much to learn in the pony world that's for sure. And I am glad I found some like minded friends to share the journey with. ( husband doesn't quite get it LOL). So waving hi from Central Pennsylvania!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:13:48 AM by Yarn n sew pony »

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Yarn and sew Pony here.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena :lovey: Ponies are great in many ways, the not least in how they can lift ones spirits and lighten the day. I hope you enjoy it here, I'm sure you'll find many pony enthusiasts here to travel along with you. :)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:16:53 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena. I'm glad to hear you beat your cancer and have got yourself into something you really enjoy :)
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:40:24 PM »
Welcome to the Arena

Firstly, so happy to hear that you beat the cancer and things for you are on the up (as well as the numbers in your herd :silly: hehe)

I'm sure you'll find many more new additions and friends here, and in no time at all you'll get that bride pony too :lovey:

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 11:27:53 PM »
Welcome!!! I too crochet and am attempting to knit a dishcloth as my first project I have ripped it out many times... Lol I sew a little bit but not much. I would like to remedy that sometime. I am sure you will love it here!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 01:27:36 AM »
Welcome to the arena I'm sure you'll find lots of new friends to join your herd!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
Hi,  Yarn n sew pony! Welcome to the Arena!

That's quite a story you have, huge congrats on beating cancer and continuing to look for the positive things in your life! What a massive lot, thats going to be fun to open when it arrives! Glad you got the stable and hopefully you will fine the pony bride soon too. Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 02:48:50 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! Congrats on being where you are in life right now *hugs* - embracing what makes you happy is a wonderful choice to make!

I hope you have a great time here!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »
WOW! You have been threw a lot! Happy to hear that you beat cancer! And of course welcome back to the wonderful world of ponies! :)

Welcome to the arena :)

Offline jade_surprise

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Pegasu
    • View Profile
    • G3 Was Better
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 02:40:43 PM »
Welcome to the arena! You'll find a lot of great, positive people here~  :good:

Offline JaguarKisses

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • JaguarKisses Customs
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »
welcome to the arena, you have found the right place for loving ponies. I wish you luck with the collecting.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  My goodness sounds like you have been super busy adding new additions.  You shall have to show em off in our Brag forum.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal