collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 34156 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 12:20:10 PM »
I've had a bit of luck using "Mötsenböcker’s Lift Off - Sticky, Oily & Greasy Stains & Tape Remover" but I'm not 100% sure how totally safe it is on ALL the dolls. It was just one of those "Well if I mess it up, I mess it up" type of attempts. Nothing bad happened but I did have to leave it in her hair for a while (maybe 20 minutes) with her in the sink, spend like 10 minutes washing it out and then blowdry the hair. It helped quite a bit but I'm not sure what effects it can have so I don't think I can recommend it.. More of a "try at your own risk" type of thing if it's really, really bad and nothing else has helped.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »

Oh I didn't know that anyone wasn't allowed to make the new thread? Is that why the one I made was deleted?

sorry guys -- the decision to lock and start a new thread lies with the moderation team
the thread that you started was not deleted, it was merged with the old thread, which had not quite hit 100 pages yet.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »
sorry guys -- the decision to lock and start a new thread lies with the moderation team
the thread that you started was not deleted, it was merged with the old thread, which had not quite hit 100 pages yet.

Which means that thread ended with a bunch of posts talking about the "new thread smell".  :haha:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 12:24:32 PM »

Which means that thread ended with a bunch of posts talking about the "new thread smell".  :haha:

LOL... XD

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »
Hi new thread!

I feel bad about it, but I kinda want to debox my Scarah and Hoodude.. It gets worse every time I look at them. ;_;

Hm. It's a shame. There's no way to tell which dolls are Indonesian? Is that the issue?

There is a way to tell actually! On the bottom of the box you have a lot of text, it should show in bold/capitol letters that they're ''MADE IN INDONESIA/CHINA''! But even Chinese dolls get the problem and not all of the Indonesian dolls have it. Considering I have a lot of Indonesian dolls and only had a problem with one.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:29:35 PM by Tiffoes »

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
Hi new thread!

I feel bad about it, but I kinda want to debox my Scarah and Hoodude.. It gets worse every time I look at them. ;_;

OMG me too! but the thought of deboxing them also scares the bajeebus out of me! lol

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »
Hi new thread!

OMG me too! but the thought of deboxing them also scares the bajeebus out of me! lol

I know that feeling way too well! My dad didn't let me read their journals until it was my birthday and after returning from my cruise ship, I finally got the chance! I really liked their stories, especially Hoodude's!

Frankie Stein

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »
Finally noticed some of my dolls hair getting nasty... So randomly... They were soft and dry last week now there sticky and hard... Soap, shampoo and laundry detergent dont work  :( any thing I can use because I dont want to re root them  :pullhair:

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »

Oh I didn't know that anyone wasn't allowed to make the new thread? Is that why the one I made was deleted?

haha yeah I had that thread up and suddenly it didn't exist and I was like whuuut? XD

But now I see why ^^

And everytime someone mentions their dolls having glue seepage I go and check mine out. None have it so far, but I'm so scared of getting it because we have so limited stuff here in Sweden that I don't know if I will find anything that helps D:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:37:48 PM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
wow these reports of the glue seepage is getting more and more intimidatingly more scary and getting me concerned about them. Have they been spotted with Robecca or Veus yet by any chance??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

YellowCat

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
Thank god for Goo Gone spray gel!  My Abbey's hair is soft and fluffy again and now I'm testing it on a few other dolls that have more minor glue seepage.

Just a word of caution: use it sparingly as it's oily and kind of hard to wash out if you used a lot.  Also a shampooing with dish soap seems to get rid of any leftover residue.  Another plus is it smells good, like oranges.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
Ohh, good to know we have more options!
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »
So there is hope!

Hopefully Mattel find an alternative way to root these dolls, like they did with the elastic legs, changing them to pegs instead of elastic.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 12:59:17 PM »
Hi new thread!

Do it...

Scarah Screams & Hoodude by *Pinkamena*, on Flickr

Please excuse Scarahs belt fail, I was supposed to get better pics today but had to take my dog to the vets and a load of other stuff so couldn't.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »
So there is hope!

Hopefully Mattel find an alternative way to root these dolls, like they did with the elastic legs, changing them to pegs instead of elastic.

Eee yay!
Actually, I prefered Elastics, they are repairable whereas plastic joints aren't really :huh: eeeee there is hope!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal