collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 33941 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
EDIT: Misread it.
If you're trying to remove their heads or heat them up, keep the hairdryer (on medium or high) at least 2 inches from their heads but aimed towards the neck hole (or whatever you're trying to heat up). I usually leave it there for about 30 seconds to a minute. Never had any problems with it and their heads become very easy to remove.
Just tested the hairdryer on my broken wave 2 Frankie. I had it on high and used it for at least 30 seconds and was able to get her head off, although the barbs on the neck prong have some of that white stretched plastic look to it.

I'm not sure how well the Cleo head swap will go, as they aren't the same body color (one is from China, one is from Indonesia). However, I am now thinking I will also do a head swap with my wave 1 Ghoulia and the GB Ghoulia, since the former has loose hips and the latter has the new plastic-jointed hips.

Oh, and I tried the hairdryer on Clawd's face. Took several blasts on high for at least 30 seconds, if not a whole minute, and the crease is now vastly diminished although it's still not entirely gone!
I usually cut those barbs off/down so it's easier to take their heads on and off :) It doesn't negatively affect their head movement at all so why not. Yay for no more nasty creases!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »
Thank you!!! If you ladies end up restyling your RM Operettas I'd love to see :D I think her green streaks are really cool!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »
I usually cut those barbs off/down so it's easier to take their heads on and off :) It doesn't negatively affect their head movement at all so why not. Yay for no more nasty creases!
Oh OK. Good to know.

Change of subject: Mattel usually announces new releases well in advance, right? So how come these "deluxe fashion" Abbey and Frankie sets have just sort of mysteriously popped up in stores in Spain and California with no warning? Seems a bit odd to me.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
Oh OK. Good to know.

Change of subject: Mattel usually announces new releases well in advance, right? So how come these "deluxe fashion" Abbey and Frankie sets have just sort of mysteriously popped up in stores in Spain and California with no warning? Seems a bit odd to me.
I mean I think they give more of a teaser, they don't want to reveal everything. Hasbro does the same thing really, like we see a bunch of stuff at the toy shows but there's still stuff we find on taobao or sometimes even the shelves where it's like whoa! where did that come from?! I just think they don't want to give away their whole hand and leave some excitement :)

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »
I mean I think they give more of a teaser, they don't want to reveal everything. Hasbro does the same thing really, like we see a bunch of stuff at the toy shows but there's still stuff we find on taobao or sometimes even the shelves where it's like whoa! where did that come from?! I just think they don't want to give away their whole hand and leave some excitement :)
Well, the stuff that pops up on Taobao has been stolen from the factories, so the companies usually haven't had a chance to announce them yet. I just thought that the toy companies put out catalogs advertising upcoming products. Seems strange that they would just have stuff appear on the shelf with no fanfare at all. Building up anticipation and hype and getting people excited tends to work pretty well.

Also, because this is a new thread, I have to repost this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Master Howling Wolf by pukunui81, on Flickr

Sorry if you've already seen it. The more views, favorites, and comments it gets on Flickr, the more likely it is to get into Explore. *hint hint*  :cool:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
Another thread XD Those new releases do know how to get the thread number moving! *giggles*
I'm so exited for my witch-Cam to come any day now! The wig already arrive and I can't wait to introduce her to you guys <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 11:02:50 PM »
Hah, I wondered why there was nothing MH related in my unread replies! We really burned through that last thread...  XD

saply your Operetta looks really beautiful. That dress is darling!

Yeah, it is odd that nobody saw photos of those earlier. I don't know that Mattel usually announces stuff in advance, they seem pretty bad to me at doing that and creating buzz themselves. :P It's fans who usually root out photos. Anyway, I looked around thoroughly at my TRU today (they'd just gotten a shipment) but there isn't any sign of the fashion sets in my part of Canada yet. When there is, (and I'm going to be haunting the TRU for them, I :heart: them), I would be happy to pick up extras for anybody here who doesn't have access to a TRU.

So, I LOVE the green streaks on all the RM girls now that I have them! It's exciting that their skates are nice quality... so cool that the wheels actually roll  :satisfied:

Was it Catlein in the last thread that asked if anybody knows what the RM two-pack with Abbey/Ghoulia is retailing for? I so need that Abbey (and since I've gotten my mom into MH now she wants to keep the double Ghoulia for herself! :lol:) Gonna have to bother you lovely Americans to pick up an extra for me when (if) they ever start to be plentiful  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 11:24:25 PM »
Yeah, it is odd that nobody saw photos of those earlier. I don't know that Mattel usually announces stuff in advance, they seem pretty bad to me at doing that and creating buzz themselves. :P It's fans who usually root out photos.
Oh OK. Bizarre. Hasbro seems pretty good about announcing all their new products in advance, if not at some place like a comic con then on their FB page at least. But then the Monster High FB page isn't a product-related thing, it's meant to be like a Monster High student's blog almost. Silly.

I guess I'm just not used to it. I come from a roleplaying games background, and the big companies like Wizards of the Coast always publish catalogs of their upcoming products for each quarter of the year well in advance, so you always know what books and accessories are coming down the pipeline.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »
EDIT: Misread it.
If you're trying to remove their heads or heat them up, keep the hairdryer (on medium or high) at least 2 inches from their heads but aimed towards the neck hole (or whatever you're trying to heat up). I usually leave it there for about 30 seconds to a minute. Never had any problems with it and their heads become very easy to remove.
Just tested the hairdryer on my broken wave 2 Frankie. I had it on high and used it for at least 30 seconds and was able to get her head off, although the barbs on the neck prong have some of that white stretched plastic look to it.

I'm not sure how well the Cleo head swap will go, as they aren't the same body color (one is from China, one is from Indonesia). However, I am now thinking I will also do a head swap with my wave 1 Ghoulia and the GB Ghoulia, since the former has loose hips and the latter has the new plastic-jointed hips.

Oh, and I tried the hairdryer on Clawd's face. Took several blasts on high for at least 30 seconds, if not a whole minute, and the crease is now vastly diminished although it's still not entirely gone!
I believe that white stretched plastic on the prongs happened to both of mine when I removed their heads. Not sure if it was the heating up or just from moving their heads around. Glad to hear it worked, though! ^____^
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
/crawls in to lurk.

Ugh, I hope next week when we get to the store to grocery shop they have a Wave 2 Frankie, aaaah.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 11:44:20 PM »
Yeah, it is odd that nobody saw photos of those earlier. I don't know that Mattel usually announces stuff in advance, they seem pretty bad to me at doing that and creating buzz themselves. :P It's fans who usually root out photos.
Oh OK. Bizarre. Hasbro seems pretty good about announcing all their new products in advance, if not at some place like a comic con then on their FB page at least. But then the Monster High FB page isn't a product-related thing, it's meant to be like a Monster High student's blog almost. Silly.

I guess I'm just not used to it. I come from a roleplaying games background, and the big companies like Wizards of the Coast always publish catalogs of their upcoming products for each quarter of the year well in advance, so you always know what books and accessories are coming down the pipeline.

It would be so nice if MH worked like that. I really don't understand it at all, but it's always fan-discovered photos that I see first. Sometimes sneak-peeks on the FB page, I guess. I thought the freakyfab13 event every month was going to give us release news regularly, but they just announced Rochelle/Jackson/Robecca/Venus and since, not very much else doll-wise...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »
I think I want to give my (eventual) gargoyle boy sculpted hair as well! That is the perfect look. Just, with a hairdo that has not been done yet >.>

Also, is it bad I want a nude, flawed rochelle to customize?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 12:00:25 AM »
You know what's worst than being broke? Being broke then when you finally get some money, you make an impulse buy on something else. XD

I found these at the Dollar Tree today and thought they were pretty neat.

MH Fakie Puzzles!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 12:06:41 AM »
I believe that white stretched plastic on the prongs happened to both of mine when I removed their heads. Not sure if it was the heating up or just from moving their heads around. Glad to hear it worked, though! ^____^
May not have heated it up enough, but I think it would be pretty hard to do since it's inside the head. But yeah, they didn't break. Just gotten a little bent. And I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, now my original Ghoulia has a new, less floppy body!

I'm not sure it's going to work out for the Cleos, though. As I was saying before, their bodies don't exactly match. I'll give it a go at least, and if it doesn't look good, I'll swap the heads back again and just put up with a floppy Cleo.

Tomorrow I will just have a try at heating Mad Science Lagoona's head with the hairdryer. If that does nothing to make the factory holes contract, then I'll just plug them up with epoxy putty and hope for the best.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »

The MH FB page frequently does have sneak peeks; Howleen made her debut there. Same with Abbey, Spectra and Operetta. Even the three newest girls showed up there, although the majority of us were actively watching for pics to surface from Toy Fair a few hours (read: 4 AM) before.

I do think a lot of the leaked promos we get are semi-intentional. We find them so quickly, and fairly easily. And very rarely is anyone contacted and asked to take them down, like this last lot was. I think the last time was that video of 1600, SS and the introduction of the CaMs, back in October or so.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal