collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93302 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #675 on: June 04, 2023, 07:34:48 AM »
You can always start a WYP post, Ponyfan :hug:

Today was a breaking point and I cried. I have so much to do in the house but at the same time it's not a lot. Or at least wouldn't be a big deal to most people. They could probably get it all done in a day. Me? I'm in so much pain all the time and have a hard time moving; walking, standing, bending down. I've been doing these chores for days. I keep taking the 800mg ibuprofen my doctor gave me, but it barely does anything for my pain. My back has been extra bad lately and I don't know why. My mom keeps telling me to rest and I'm like, I can't. I need to get this stuff done. A bit ago I was sitting in my kitchen chair (I sit to do everything in there, cook, wash dishes, clean. There was a plastic bag on the floor right there by my feet. I tried to reach down to get it but I couldn't. I'm so fat and everything hurts too much. I can hardly put my socks on and I can only do it sitting on the bed because I can (with effort) get my legs on it.

To make things worse, I've been bad about my diet. I ordered a pizza last night. I told myself only one pizza a month and I already had one, but this one was free with my points and I didn't feel like cooking. Also I've been slacking on my smoothies. I was eating cereal everyday for a while because the thought of cooking or prepping veggies was too much for me. I started out good with regular Cheerios and Rice Krispies but then for some reason I bought this huge bag of Lucky Charms. I'm pre-diabetic and shouldn't be eating that. I'm thinking of giving the bag to the kids who take my garbage now. It's taking up space on my counter where I make my smoothies too.

So yeah, after I couldn't pick up that plastic bag, I just lost it and sat there and cried and felt sorry for myself. I wish I had better discipline. That goes for my artwork too. Instead of being on the internet while taking a break from chores, I should be working on those commissions and my swap pony. I'm just a mess :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 04, 2023, 01:22:55 PM »
BC  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Of course chores are harder when you're in pain xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 05, 2023, 10:36:23 AM »
Last week was hot and humid, and I was working outside.  :hot:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #678 on: June 05, 2023, 12:42:04 PM »

So yeah, after I couldn't pick up that plastic bag, I just lost it and sat there and cried and felt sorry for myself. I wish I had better discipline. That goes for my artwork too. Instead of being on the internet while taking a break from chores, I should be working on those commissions and my swap pony. I'm just a mess :(

:hug:  Don't blame yourself for lack of discipline when you're clearly exhausted. Try to focus on rest and changing only one habit at a time, something that only takes 5 or 10 minutes but will make your life a bit better. It's not easy, I've been there.

Ugh, I think I got a mild food poisoning from my lunch today. I had some expired oat milk with my coffee and I'm suspecting it was that. I feel a little better now, after emptying my stomach and napping for several hours. I was feeling super chilly so definitely a temp rising, no actual fever though. Let's see if I can eat something...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 05, 2023, 07:20:12 PM »
BC  :hug: :heart: Take it easy and do one thing at a time. Or do whatever feels the most comfortable at that moment. :hug:

Wasps! (Whoa! As soon as I wrote this word, a wasp queen flew in from the open window!) :whoa:
They are back and at least two queens are building a nest at the other end of our house! Last summer they were also a problem for us because they had built their nest at this end of our house, where the bedroom is located and also my computer desk. They often got lost indoors and were a danger to our cats. That Show lasted until autumn.  >_<  I don't want to go through it again!  :(

On Monday, my husband and I investigated how we could get to the attic of this house. I don't think we'll be able to get in... my husband is too big for that opening and I can't reach.. I'm too short.  >_< I'll have to ask my brother if he has a narrow ladder I could try to climb up there. I don't like the idea at all, because the attic space is only for crawling, you can't stand there. You could see from the opening that there is also glass wool.. :pout:

---
How this can be possible! As soon as I posted this, another wasp crawled into the room from the hole in the ceiling above my computer desk! Fortunately, Raid (poison) and fly swatter are always near me. I will have to tape all the holes in this room again, just like last summer.  :stressed:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 07:32:46 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #680 on: June 06, 2023, 02:08:47 AM »
Why are airports built for and signed for people who already know the way around them, and not for us noobs who travels by plane once every five years or so and need clear instructions and obvious signs? And where are all the airport staff that are supposed to be around for questions and direct us to the right area? I mean, Arlanda airport is supposed to be small in comparison to others around the world but for me it's huuuge and I need a map that show me where I am and where I'm going and there are not anyone available except a teeny tiny one on the website that is so hard to read.. and no terminal signs once inside!!!

I have scafs on my heels larger than thumbnails.. I got them from a pair of shoes I've had and worn for years.. I don't get why they decided to hate on me suddenly :(.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #681 on: June 06, 2023, 04:19:58 AM »
Thanks, PBW and Griffin :hug:

I have a small callus on the inside of the bottom of my thumb. I think it's from opening water bottles. It's very sore and in a place that comes into contact with anything I pick up.

I've been leaning on my left arm while playing a game and now my ring finger and pinky have pins and needles. I must have irritated a nerve. It's been going on for days. I'm trying to stop leaning on it while playing but sometimes I forget.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 06, 2023, 09:44:00 AM »
:hug:  BC.

I think I'm reaching WYP territory with everything going on more than trivial complaints, but I'm still working out how I want to say everything. 

I'm really sad today.  I feel like crying for no reason.  :cry:

Also, there's a crew working in the alley behind my house, and they cut the phone line. : :argh: :argh: I hope they fix it before they finish working.  It's a hassle trying to get the phone line fixed.

Edit: The crew left and the phone line's still not fixed.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 03:28:36 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #683 on: June 07, 2023, 12:49:18 AM »
They cut the phone line and didn't fix it? How irresponsible!

Sorry to post again so soon but my PC suddenly lost power while I was playing a new game. I noticed it's been working harder lately and getting hotter. I looked at power supplies and boy did they get expensive. I need to upgrade the CPU too but it would be cheaper just to buy a prebuilt PC. I built Sebastian around 13 years ago and upgraded him twice. I think it's time to retire the old boy.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 07, 2023, 09:19:30 AM »
Why is the spam for my main email folder so BAD lately?? I used to have next to no spam for years, all of a sudden I'm getting a TON

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 07, 2023, 03:20:06 PM »
The phone still isn't working.  Hopefully it will get fixed tomorrow. I guess the upside is we can't get telemarketing calls while the phone's out.

I went to the bookstore today.  I was going to buy a book and renew/upgrade my membership.  A couple of months ago I noticed that my email address was no longer correct.  The first time I asked about I was told that the cashiers could no longer update it.  The next time I asked I was told to "just go on the website and change it."  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that if my email isn't correct in the first place.  When I was told to go on the website, the cashier said I might be able to update it at customer service.  Today I waited for someone to come and help me there.  The person I got was really nice and said that the store's "IT isn't good."  when I explained the situation to him,  He suggested that I give the system at least a day to update after he changed my email and not try to purchase a membership today. I don't mind waiting, but because of that I decided not to buy the book I was going to get   I can always go back in a few days and get it.

I'm so tired.  :zzz:  :zzz:  I feel like I'm going to fall asleep at any minute.

Also, my dad said a relative sent him a picture, but when he clicked on the link, there was just a red box.  When I looked at the email the return email address wasn't even from the relative and the email was in Spanish.  As far as I know, no one in our family is fluent in Spanish or would send an email in Spanish to my dad.  Sometimes I wish he was a little more tech savvy and didn't believe everything he sees on the internet. 

I realized today that I'm still mispronouncing a word.  For a long time I didn't know that the way I said it was incorrect.  I found out a while back that I had been saying it wrong, but the mispronunciation is so ingrained to my brain that I still do it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 07:10:44 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #686 on: June 08, 2023, 12:06:19 AM »
I realized today that I'm still mispronouncing a word.  For a long time I didn't know that the way I said it was incorrect.  I found out a while back that I had been saying it wrong, but the mispronunciation is so ingrained to my brain that I still do it.

That's because you're a reader. I do the same thing. I mispronounced the word 'scythe' for years because I never heard anyone say it. I still slip up sometimes in my head when I read it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 08, 2023, 05:22:51 PM »
For the last 3 days I haven't gotten anything but "The server is currently under high stress. Please try again shortly" when I've clicked on replies to my posts.  There are only 60 guests and 10 users online right now.  How many users/guests makes it high stress for the server?   :pout:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #688 on: June 08, 2023, 08:11:25 PM »
^ There is something going on. It's been very slow for me and sometimes won't load at all.

My arm is really bothering me today. It's still just the two fingers but it feels like a larger space has pins and needles. I looked it up and an irritated nerve can take 4-6 weeks to heal. The best thing you can do is rest, which is hard because I have so much to do.

I slept again, sorta. I'm very groggy. I hate feeling this way.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 08:34:54 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 09, 2023, 06:57:05 PM »
I'm struggling a lot right now.  I'm still having health issues. :(  Sometimes I feel like it's an effort just to get out of bed and start the day.  Today I became so tired that I fell asleep on the couch.  I'm also feeling guilty for not being able to be as productive as I would like. That then leads to me feeling guilty for wanting to buy new books or movies (because my mind's trying to tell me I don't deserve them.)  I even feel that way when I want to watch Netflix or Crunchyroll.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 07:01:58 PM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal