collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 570
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93376 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2022, 04:36:40 PM »
I've got another one!!!!!

So I play Animal Jam on my I Pad, and I went to someones den, they "said" that they were doing a sapphire drop in their den. I need sapphires desperately so I went to their den and when I arrived, I saw that in their den they had pillows arranged to say the F word. Instantly reported them for inappropriate den. Then the den owner arrived and said that they lied about the sapphire drop and started bullying all the people who were in the den. They repeatedly bullied me, called me names, and called others rude names. Lied about their age. Locked their den and unlocked it. Went back to give them a piece of my mind. Told both people their behavior is not ok. A buddy of mine in the game told me to go to their den and the bullies followed. The bullies called people names, threatened a jammer to give them their outfit or they won't leave us all alone. The person who was threatened first gave in and basically got scammed. They then threatened someone else to give them their entire outfit except a blackout collar. Which I think is stupid. I kept telling the bullies no and reported both of them for bulling, scamming, inappropriate behavior and den. They also said they make new accounts daily so then they can't be stopped. I took multiple screenshots of the bullies. If you guys play Animal Jam on phone or i pad, then let me know and I can discuss with you too. I feel terrible and depressed thinking about the names I was called. :(

They sound like a bunch of pathetic losers.  Just ignore them and report them.  If they keep bothering you while you're online, turn off the game every time they show up.  They can't harass you if you're not there to harass. 

Is this a game that requires an email address like Neopets?  If so, the mods should be able to block their emails to prevent them from creating new accounts.  If not, maybe you need to ask the mods to ban their IP addresses.  It can be done and it would block them from using whatever device they're using wi-fi on.  So they'd have to make an effort to find a new McDonald's, Library, or other public area to create new accounts every day.  According to the Animal Jam website you can block them, and I'd be willing to bet their new usernames are similar to the ones they've already used so if you keep a list of their usernames you might be able to spot them ahead of time eventually.  Can you change your username without setting up a new account so they can't find you again?  That might deter them as well.

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2022, 08:50:20 AM »
I've got another one!!!!!

So I play Animal Jam on my I Pad, and I went to someones den, they "said" that they were doing a sapphire drop in their den. I need sapphires desperately so I went to their den and when I arrived, I saw that in their den they had pillows arranged to say the F word. Instantly reported them for inappropriate den. Then the den owner arrived and said that they lied about the sapphire drop and started bullying all the people who were in the den. They repeatedly bullied me, called me names, and called others rude names. Lied about their age. Locked their den and unlocked it. Went back to give them a piece of my mind. Told both people their behavior is not ok. A buddy of mine in the game told me to go to their den and the bullies followed. The bullies called people names, threatened a jammer to give them their outfit or they won't leave us all alone. The person who was threatened first gave in and basically got scammed. They then threatened someone else to give them their entire outfit except a blackout collar. Which I think is stupid. I kept telling the bullies no and reported both of them for bulling, scamming, inappropriate behavior and den. They also said they make new accounts daily so then they can't be stopped. I took multiple screenshots of the bullies. If you guys play Animal Jam on phone or i pad, then let me know and I can discuss with you too. I feel terrible and depressed thinking about the names I was called. :(

They sound like a bunch of pathetic losers.  Just ignore them and report them.  If they keep bothering you while you're online, turn off the game every time they show up.  They can't harass you if you're not there to harass. 

Is this a game that requires an email address like Neopets?  If so, the mods should be able to block their emails to prevent them from creating new accounts.  If not, maybe you need to ask the mods to ban their IP addresses.  It can be done and it would block them from using whatever device they're using wi-fi on.  So they'd have to make an effort to find a new McDonald's, Library, or other public area to create new accounts every day.  According to the Animal Jam website you can block them, and I'd be willing to bet their new usernames are similar to the ones they've already used so if you keep a list of their usernames you might be able to spot them ahead of time eventually.  Can you change your username without setting up a new account so they can't find you again?  That might deter them as well.
Yes, AJ requires an email to be set up through. I was thinking about the IP addresses. You can't change your user after you made one. You are right about not being online when they are online.

Post Merge: October 19, 2022, 08:54:31 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you Rainlove. :(  I've never understood why some people think it's okay to bully others online just because you can't see who's behind the screenname.  Unless it's a bot, there's a real person behind each screenname or avatar.
Its alr. It is not ok to cyberbully others. I was terribly bullied my freshman year of high school. I can agree this is not ok to do.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 08:54:31 AM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2022, 03:03:45 PM »
Adding to the parents don't understand how technology works discussion... My dad asked me to look at his email a little while ago "because something was wrong with it."  When I looked he had about 15 to 20 emails in his inbox. He said he was trying to delete them one at a time and suddenly everything disappeared.  I checked the folders and it looked like he either sent everything to Trash or Deleted Items.  He kept saying that he didn't put anything in those folders, he wa just trying to get them out of the inbox.  I told him that when you delete items from the Inbox, that they usually go in the trash.

I had to get stuck again today for bloodwork. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2022, 06:06:15 AM »
Couple of things. I have an appointment with my doctor today. I also have an appointment tomorrow with my case manager. When I called yesterday to book a ride for the dr appointment I got the days mixed up. So I canceled it when I realized. By then it was too late to call again (they require one business days notice). So now I don’t know what to do. I could take an Uber but the prices went up. I paid $18 to go to my parents house. The dr office is closer though so maybe it’s not so bad. I’ll check.

Next, I was setting up a sale thread and wanted to have shipping quotes but the battery in my scale is bad. It’s a button battery! I don’t have any of those! So I had to order some from Amazon.

Speaking of Amazon, I was supposed to have a package delivered yesterday but it shows as delivered but is no where to be found. It really sucks as it was something I was really looking forward to. Amazon help says it could still show up in 48 hours. There was no picture with the delivery notice which is weird. I hope it shows up :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2022, 03:22:45 PM »
My complaint is also about Amazon.  I ordered a couple of things over the weekend.  One is supposed to arrive today and one tomorrow.  Since I don't have Prime, I used Free Shipping.  Both items are coming through a different delivery service than what packages from Amazon usually come from.  I'm pretty sure that my house is part of the last part of the route, because things being delivered by this service usually come late in the day.  It's rare that they are delivered earlier, although it does happen.

I liked the old Amazon tracking better where you didn't have to be logged in to view the information. I keep checking the tracking to make sure it 's not showing delivered since it hasn't arrived yet and looking outside for the delivery truck.  It will probably get here just fine but waiting for it all day is annoying.

Edit: It arrived.  The waiting game will repeat tomorrow.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:24:26 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2022, 03:36:10 PM »
My other thing from Amazon arrived yesterday after 6 pm, but I'm just happy that it came.

I was doing a self paced professional development course online and had 3 chances on the final quiz to get credit.  I missed getting credit by one point. :wail: I even went back and looked over the material the quiz questions were on before my last try and still missed it. :(  The quiz also would not show me what questions I got wrong or right until after my last try.  I think I can retake the course, but I was pretty upset that I didn't get the credit.

Ponyfan

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »
Some days, I am so tired and I cannot seem to wake up. Unfortunately, this is one of those days. At least it's a reasonable time to go to bed for the night now.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2022, 06:33:59 PM »
My internet is back, so I've been listening to Spotify on my PC. My PC speakers aren't very loud, I can turn them all the way up and still hear the traffic outside and dogs barking and all kinds of things. It's been cooler so I opened my windows. One window is behind and to the side of my desk, and my speakers face that way. I was listening to my music, which is primarily death metal, at a normal level. Soon I hear someone yelling "shut up" repeatedly...

It's my neighbor and one of her kids. They were shouting "shut up" over and over out the window at me.

I should mention the time was only 7pm. Noise ordinance doesn't start until 11pm. I did not turn down or shut off my music. If you can't be a grown up and come knock on my door to ask me to turn down my music then you can suck it. I will not be bullied by a woman and her child from a window.

So a little while later, they slammed all the windows shut :lol:

I've been listening to my music every day since and they haven't yelled at me again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2022, 10:22:08 AM »
How do I manage to chew my own tongue in my sleep  :mad: Now I have a sore spot on the side of my tongue!

I left my headphones and MP3 player at work, I feel so lost on the bus without it -_-

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2022, 01:14:30 PM »
Sister's partner tested positive for Covid earlier in the week.

Sister tested positive today.

It's probably her second bout, since we're sure she had long Covid after her first one...

She fortunately has just had her vaccination a couple of weeks ago, though. She says she feels ok atm.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2022, 01:59:56 PM »
This actually happened Friday but it's still bothering me.

On Friday we had a staff "development" day where the director brought in a speaker to teach us about "conflict resolution" because we've had a lot of issues with conflict at work.  So the speaker tells us that conflict comes because of things we care about.  So he has us make a short list of some things we care about that might be a source of conflict for us.  Then he asked if anyone wanted to share anything from their list.  A certain person I'm forced to tolerate at work raised his hand and proudly announced that his list was "Family, (something I don't recall--maybe friends?), Compassion, and Work...in that order."  So the speaker validated his list and then asked if anyone else wanted to share anything.  So I raised my hand and said that I value my time because I don't spend time on anything that isn't important to me so when someone wastes my time or destroys the work I've done it causes conflict for me.  Before the speaker could say anything about what I'd said the other person immediately declared that "You can't value time" and continued to rant about it for a while before anyone could shut him up. (Any guesses on who is causing the majority of conflict in our workplace?) I was so pissed about his blatant disregard for what I value and trying to tell me what I am allowed to value that I don't even know what else he said--but it does explain why he goes so far out of his way to destroy any work that I do.  It's been that way for the last 8 years.  Every. Single. Interaction.  I almost got up and walked out. 

Neither the director nor the assistant director said anything or tried to stop him from voicing his negative opinion.  One of the Librarians was going to say something but the Speaker did finally manage to interrupt and tell him that it was okay for people to value different things and it wasn't his place to decide what other people got to value, which I appreciated.  It didn't stop him from making comments every time I answered a question.

If that person had been staying the whole day (he ONLY works 4 hours a day, which now makes more sense considering that work is the last thing on the list that is important to him) I would have asked to leave the development day and do other work because by the end of the first hour and a half session I was so tired of everything everyone said being disparaged by him that I wouldn't have been able to handle the rest of the day.  The Speaker started cutting him off earlier and earlier every time he opened his mouth so at least the Speaker noticed that he wasn't actually contributing anything helpful. 

One of the conflict resolution strategies is setting boundaries.  So I think my new boundary is that I will no longer acknowledge that person's existence.  He has nothing good to contribute to my life so he isn't allowed to exist in it.  I know it is petty and immature but I have spent the last 8 years trying to get along with him and I am done. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 02:30:06 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2022, 02:58:23 PM »
Pokey I don't blame you!!! He sounds like a nightmare!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2022, 06:42:23 AM »
I'm sorry that happened to you Pokeyonekenobie.  :(

I'm wondering if one of the health issues I had problems with before is resurfacing.  My dr told me that the medicine to control it might stop working and if it did, we need to consider other options.  I have a folllow up with her in a couple of months.

I've mentioned before that my mom is a little obsessed with playing games on her phone and tablet.  She will even get the tablet while we're eating or doing something else and play games.  If I try to talk to her about it she says that I "Don't want her to have fun" or "I'm jealous of the time she spends playing games."  Last night she had her tablet at the kitchen table while my parents were fixing the evening meal.  It fell off the table and cracked the screen.  I feel sorry for her that she broke her tablet, but I wonder if it wouldn't have happened if she wasn't so in to her games.

Ponyfan

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2022, 08:41:52 AM »
Oh my god. I have an interesting one. So I got a new bus driver this school year, the previous one retired (finally). I was waiting for the bus this morning, expected to see the new bus driver, turns out, the previous one subbed in. FOR THE WHOLE DAY!!!! That means morning and afternoon. He actually remembered me. (greaaaat). So after I got off the bus, I was terrified and shaking (anxiety). I even had a dream he was in this morning. So the "bad dream" was a warning. If anyone wants to know further details, pm me.  :(

Edit: This afternoon, I got on the bus, very agitated. I sat further back to hopefully help my anxiety. It didn't do much. I put my hoodie on. It is cold already! When I got off, the sub (aka my enemy) said bye to me and I said a pretty harsh insult. When I got off, I let myself exhale a lot. I got home and lost my appetite and don't want to eat right now. I am slightly losing hope in life, don;t want to talk to people, etc. I just finished cleaning my room a bit. Got some stuff organized. I have the ASVAB testing tomorrow for 3 class periods. High School is not as fun as I thought. Our current bus driver is going to be back Thursday and I really miss Tim. Our sub we are having is terrible. PM me if you want further details I can provide too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 05:21:57 PM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2022, 12:30:46 PM »
I spent the morning shelving picture books and I shifted because there was a lot of space near the end and no space at the beginning.  Only to find out that the librarian had gone through with a list of books and left that space for items that were already checked out.  So I feel bad for messing up her work but on the other hand, some of those spaces that she "left" weren't enough for the books that were on the cart to be shelved so I think someone else has shifted them as well. 

Also, I closed the door to the room while I was shelving because that certain co-worker was wearing a lot of cologne again and he came in and put things on the wrong carts (intentionally--he was taking his time looking to see which cart would be the most inconvenient) so I ended up locking the door.  I set a boundary, he is still going out of his way to break it.  I also complained of his cologne to the assistant director AGAIN.  So if he wears it again, I will be contacting HR with a very long complaint.  This is ridiculous.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal