collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strange Sleep Cycle & Dreaming Of Work  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Strange Sleep Cycle & Dreaming Of Work
« on: April 14, 2020, 11:20:44 AM »
My sleep cycle was really messed 😪 up, like I kept napping during the day then would wind up staying up at night...
Finally nearly these past 2 weeks my sleep is going back to normal...

When I go to sleep 💤 I actually 😴 dream of work...
I was laid off (my company was like a sinking ship anyhow) and I will be looking for a brand new job once all of this is over...

Have any of you had similar experiences?  Disruptive Sleep Cycle & Dreams Of Last Job?
*Frolicking Away*

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Strange Sleep Cycle & Dreaming Of Work
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 08:53:14 PM »
I keep dreaming about my current job. Drives me crazy. Or I dream about people from my current job but we're somewhere else and usually something corona virus related is in all my dreams lately x.o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 09:19:04 PM »
My dreams seem to have gotten much more bizarre as of late. I haven’t been dreaming about my job, but I do sometimes have people who I recognize as the children I supervised in those dreams. I miss them, and I miss my coworkers too. When I start dreaming about lunchtime supervision specifically as opposed to my current dreams, I know I’ve really hit the deep end.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 10:52:27 PM »
Luckily I’m in a pretty good sleep schedule right now. I mean, most people think it’s crazy since I’m an overnight worker, but for me it’s normal. ;) I’m at least at a place where I go to bed and wake up around the same time every day.

But I dream about work ALL the time! Past jobs, current jobs, they’re all there to haunt me. :P I often dream I’ve made some sort of horrible mistake and I’m trying to fix it before I get into tons of trouble. Even though I don’t remember my dreams well I wake up with a weird feeling like...I don’t want to go to work in case that was a premonition. If it’s a past job I often just wake up thankful I’m not there anymore haha!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 04:36:28 AM »
I have huge problems with my sleep cycle as well, but it's a little better than before. Not so long ago I used to go to sleep as late as 7 AM if I had a lot of work, and wake up at 1 PM for lunch. Now I developed a routine to never get up later than 11 AM, sometimes I will actually wake up a little earlier than that completely on my own, and I try to go to sleep around 3 or 4 AM, or at least before 5 AM. My target however, is to have 8 full hours of sleep every day and waking up around 9 or 10 AM.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 09:44:30 AM »
Yep.

The subconscious is a curious little beast, isn't it?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »
Opposite for me -- I'm sleeping better than I have in the past 10 years of my life... it's amazing...

I haven't dreamt of work either. I'm pretty good at being able to wake myself from dreams I don't like, but it's really not entered my head.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 01:01:59 PM »
I can relate to big time sleep changes! ...but I'm sleeping a lot more (not less). Usually I sleep 11pm until 7am, but lately I am wiped out by 9:30pm, and could easily snooze until 9am...often have been on weekends. I almost always dream about work too, furlough is a strange in-between land.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »
My work is on hiatus due to coronavirus.  I usually have to get up really early for work so I have enjoyed being able to stay up a little later and sleeping in in the mornings. I’m usually up by 8:00 or 8:30 even when I sleep in.

I often have dreams about work and sometimes I still have those dreams about being in high school and not being prepared for a test. Lately my dreams have been about whatever I was watching or reading right before bed.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »
I've been sleeping ok, maybe going ot bed a little later therefore getting up later, but I've been having incredibly vivid dreams

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had troubles with their sleep schedule!  Falling asleep later and later, but still waking up between 5-6 am, when I don't have to be up until 7 while working from home.

I have been having trouble remembering my dreams lately.  I can only remember snippets, even of the real vivid ones, which isn't normal for me. Usually I always have a long-winded, weird tale to tell hubby in the morning, lol.

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 01:11:49 PM »
I've had a lot nightmares about The Institute by Stephen King lately. :lookround: That book is right up my alley, I absolutely love it, but apparently it has impressed me in a way I could have done without...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 03:15:44 PM »
I had a dream I was working at my library still last night (the library closed down in 2011).

We were in cars and nobody was socially distancing.

Boris Johnson was there for some random reason.

Then Dad and I were running through a field of pheasants that was apparently in Kentucky (where I have never been).

If that counts as a work dream...then yes? Even though I left a long time ago...and can't explain the rest of the crazy. I always have nutty dreams though. It's actually a lot of fun trying to rationalise them when I wake up.

I'm not having trouble sleeping at the moment. Sometimes just in general I have nights my brain is too active to sleep easily, but for the most part I sleep okay and I'm still sleeping okay, thank goodness. But having been a PHD student for 4 years I can't possibly say that my sleep pattern is 'normal' (ie what it was when I worked).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:17:23 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 04:05:56 PM »
Lol Taffeta. I've had dreams where Trump is there for some reason when I look at the news before I fall asleep.

My dreams haven't been too weird but I did have a dream that I was running through a field of bears the other night. But before I fell asleep I was reading an article about how bears are making a comeback in Yosimite now that tourists are gone. So I guess that one is obvious.

Maybe reading the news before sleep is a bad idea.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 05:05:11 PM »
Professional insomniac here.  Weird dreams about prior job.  I left the medical world 6 years ago.  Weird dreams about current job.  Mostly that we are taking calls like normal but outside in the snow or similar.  Really want to know what that means...
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal