collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is shipping to France like? Weird Import Rules or anything?  (Read 462 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
I generally only ship to USA and Canada for expensive items sold on ebay. However, I have a nice buyer who was very polite and who has great feedback ask if I would ship an expensive pony to France. The problem is that I can get tracking, but no insurance. So I am a bit nervous.

What is shipping to France like? Do they have any strange customs or import laws, like Italy does? Anything I should be worried about? With tracking, I will know if it gets there, but I don't want to risk being $100 out of pocket if it gets hung up in customs or seized.

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: What is shipping to France like? Weird Import Rules or anything?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »
Hi there! :)

I live in France and have bought many many ponies overseas - especially USA and England. I've never had to pay custom fees, even for packages over 150$. Nothing has ever been stuck in customs or delayed. I've actually noticed that I receive my US packages faster than national ones, I receive most under a week. :)

I read the customs rules before buying abroad, any custom fees would be the buyers. :)

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.  ^.^

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 04:00:42 AM »
No we don't, shipping to France is quite easy. If you put the current value of the pony on the label, the buyer will probably have to pay custom fees but that's all.

The french postal service is quite reliable, but sometimes the local post office are not that good at delivering, that's something you should check with the buyer, they would know if it's the case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:21:15 AM »
Thanks Little White Horse and Miss Pompon!

I know personally I have never had any issues sending to France. I think everything will work out just fine.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
Thanks ladies :bigups:  I have not had any issues sending to France either :)  seems easy enough and pretty reliable. Expensive items so usually get a customs fee (unless they manage to slip through!) if they are from a country outside of Europe, but the buyer pays those. As long as your buyer realizes that then there shouldn't be a problem. I would always get tracking/delivery confirmation/insurance on expensive and rare items though

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal