collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What the Heck eBay? My account doesn't exist anymore?  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
Re: What the Heck eBay? My account doesn't exist anymore?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »
I can still enter mine. I hope it gets fixed quickly for those who can't.

edit: I am thrown out of my ebay-app though
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:12:06 PM by Moonbreeze »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »
Ebay has been working for me except that seller disappearing. Also have experienced Facebook and Tumblr being down today. Weird. What's going on?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »
http://insidepulse.com/2014/09/03/ebay-hacked-1000s-of-accounts-deleted-auctions-vanished-millions-lost/

ebay has been hacked. it's being reported on many different outlets...

Ebay Experiences Large Data Loss, Possible Hack [UPDATED]
by insidepulse on September 3, 2014   
In a breaking story, it appears that e-commerce giant Ebay has been subject to a massive hacking and that enormous reams of data has been stolen and/or deleted.

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014, an unconfirmed number of ebay members logged in to see their entire accounts deleted from the site. In addition, any auctions from those accounts have also vanished into thin air.

In response, Ebay has completely shut down its Customer Service operations, closing down public access to its phone banks and almost completely ignoring the situation.

After several hours, a terse message was posted to Ebay’s “announcement” board that read:

We are aware that some users may experience problems when using the eBay Site. We are actively working on restoring the issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused. (September 03, 2014 | 10:53AM PST/PT). As of 4PM EST (1PM PST), no further updates from Ebay have been recorded, and all customer service personelle have no answers to any questions.

As Ebay deals with a hacking of this magnitude, they have already lost millions of dollars in sales, both on the ebay.com site as well as the accompanying Paypal.com payment service.

Earlier this year, Ebay had a massive server hacking that resulted in user data compromised and Ebay suggested to all users to “change their passwords”. In light of today’s massive failure, it appears as if the e-commerce giant did not take proper steps to ensure the safety of its user data and the validity of its website.

We will have much more on this developing story soon.

Updated 5pm EST: Ebay has posted an announcement that acknowledges “issues” but provides no information or timeline for fixing:
Today, some eBay users are experiencing issues when signing in to the site. Based on our initial investigation, this appears to be the result of technical issues that occurred during scheduled server maintenance. It is only impacting a portion of our users; most eBay users are unaffected. We’re working to resolve this issue quickly and will continue to keep our customers updated. We apologize for any inconvenience to our users.

There has been no acknowledgement of account deletions, auction deletions and other major issues outside of “issues when signing in”

UPDATE 2: Ebay has been slowly restoring some user accounts, but is not acknowledging downtime or seller-related issues, such as auctions that ended during the outage.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »
I think they're having technical difficulties
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 03:08:22 AM »
I looked on eCOMMERCE BYTES a reputable source and this is what they reported:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m09/i04/s01

Severe technical issues marred the anniversary of the founding of eBay, which Pierre Omidyar called AuctionWeb when he launched the site on September 3, 1995. eBay had to cancel its scheduled community chat with users "due to technical issues with accessing eBay accounts," and speculation was rampant that the site had been hacked.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 03:49:18 AM »
:crazy:  i was thinking it was more technical issues/ebay glitches *again* with an eyeroll, but the thought that it *might* have actually been hacked again and on that kind of scale is worrying! :yikes: Lets hope it wasnt and that it really was just another lot of technical issues
Is anyone still having issues or can you get your ebay account to work today? I wasnt around much yesterday (a whole other story *even bigger sigh*)  but I didnt have issues on ebay UK when I briefly checked my sales.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 05:52:38 AM »
I'm still good, but this is why I didn't link my paypal account to my ebay one. >.>

What I did had was one sale that went awry and the seller just vanished from ebay :\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal