collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice concerning a case - scamming seller - UPDATE case closed!!!  (Read 2866 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
So I ordered a lot of ponies on eBay. Most of the ponies in the lot were so softs. I received it yesterday and the seller had thrown them in a box with a couple pieces of crinkled up old newspaper, and, you guessed it, there is ink all over the ponies.

So I opened a case last night citing the damage to the items. Today the seller just messages me saying to send them back and they will give me all my money back and they included their address. But they did not respond to the case. To get return shipping included, wouldn't they have to respond to the case? It has been a while since I have had to do this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:37:20 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice concerning a case
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 10:35:54 AM »
Yes, I think they have to respond to the case.  Then you should be able to print a shipping label to send the ponies back.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 11:27:40 AM »
plus, if they don't respond thru the case, won't they have only a week before it escalates?  I would send them a polite message about it. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »
OK, thanks. I sent them a message back asking them to please respond to the case, that I feel since it was their mistake I should not have to pay to return the ponies.

And, yes, I am able to ask eBay to step in Oct. 3....I think that means I am able to escalate the case then.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:32:37 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 11:41:20 AM »
Plus, if they don't respond through the case, I think it automatically decides in your favor, so honestly, it's in their best interest to respond through the case!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »
Thanks! I think they are trying to go outside the case so they don't have to pay return shipping which is why they just sent a message and included shipping info.

The sad thing is if it weren't for the so softs being ruined I would have kept the lot. I've had luck taking off newspaper ink with acetone. But it's impossible to get off so softs.

UPDATE: She responded saying she's shipped hundreds of ponies and won't refund until she sees for herself. So I told her again to respond to the case and that if she's shipped any ponies that she would know that newspaper ink stains! And that I would send pictures if she needs proof. And that I would not be sending anything without a label.

Another UPDATE: Her response "I have sent you $13.50 to ship items back. I do NOt believe they were damaged in shipment. you can not tell me that this would happen to "only" your order and not to hundreds of other rubber horses. ink can be poured on them but newspaper does not melt onto horses and destroy them. otherwise, a 100 other people would have told me this 10 years ago return the items and I will give you another $35.00 back. If they have the damage you say, you would have no reason to want to keep them!! I was not born yesterday."

I called eBay and they said I can escalate my case on Oct. 5.

Her newest message to me: "AGAIN, I HAVE DONE THIS FOR 10 YEARS. IF THE HORSES ARE IN SUCH A BAD CONDITION,
YOU HAVE NO USE FOR THEM. YOU HAVE $13.50 TO RETURN THEM TO ME.
AS SOON AS I GET THEM, I WILL SEND YOU $35.00 TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT, MUCH
MORE THAN YOU PAID I WANT THE HORSES BACK, AND YOU SAY THEY ARE TERRIBLY
DAMAGED, SO YOU SHOULDNT WANT THEM. YOU WILL BE MAKING GREAT MONEY
TO BUY FROM SOMEONE ELSE. I WANT MY HORSES BACK TO TAKE CARE OF THEM
AGAIN YOU SHOULD NOT WANT THEM. $35.00 IS WAITING FOR YOU WHEN I GET THEM
BACK. WILL SEE FOR MYSELF THIS TERRIBLE DAMAGE AND RESCUE THEM."

Do you think she's trying to scam me?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:30:01 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Re: Need advice concerning a case - scamming seller?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »
What a nutter!  Point her to this thread and the many, many others over the years in TS that show the damage wrapping ponies in newspaper can do.  I hope you get a quick resolution and never have to deal with this crazy person again :-/

If she was really interested in getting the lot back and refunding you, the proper way to go about it would be to go through paypal.  Doing it any other way is bad for both of you and bypasses the protections paypal has put into place.  If she is so eager to avoid paypal one wonders if she is trying to scam.  Either that or she has absolutely no clue, which is always a possibility if she thinks shipping ponies in newsprint is acceptable.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 05:50:02 PM »
Talk about rude! Not everyone packs everything the same way but I would think its common sense to not use newspaper directly against the ponies...there's tissue paper,packing paper and all kinds of much better alternatives.

I think she should print a shipping label for you so you don't have to do things out of pocket,regardless of if she sent you the shipping money back or not.

You could take photos of the damage if she is so skeptical I suppose. I would just go through ebay,I don't trust her at all.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »
Wait- so she sent you the money to send them back?  Couldn't you just send them with tracking back?

She isn't required to respond through the case- I think ebay does encourage people to work it out.

If she doesn't refund you immediately upon receiving the ponies- then you could escalate and get your money back anyway right?

I'm just not sure what the problem is- is it that you don't know her address?

I do agree it is terrible to pack ponies (or anything) in newspaper. I hate when I see that.  -_-

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
Ebay told me if she doesn't want to work it out that is satisfactory to us both (like replying to the case when I ask so I can print a label because I do not trust her to just provide one) then I will just wait and escalate the case.

Pretty sure she's trying to bribe and scam me. She obviously thinks I'm naive enough to think she knows anything about ponies. Judging by her description in the lot she knows nothing. Which is why it floors me she claims to have sold "hundreds."

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 06:42:46 PM »
I understand your position- but it occurs to me someone so clueless as to pack ponies in newspaper might also not realize that ebay will let you print a label direct from the dispute page (is that what you are saying usually happens now?  That didn't used to be the case).

Also if she sent you money for the cost of shipping - (did she? That part is unclear) maybe that is why she doesn't want to now print a label?  Maybe if you returned what she sent for shipping and advise you'd rather print the label direct from ebay she'd get it.   

Back in the day you couldn't print out a return label from ebay- honestly I had no idea that is what you could do now.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 07:24:58 PM »
Yes. If she had responded to the case she has options where she can offer me a partial refund and I can keep the ponies, a full refund with a label to send them back, etc. Then the case closes. Ebay gives options to the seller and the seller can choose and if the buyer agrees, case closed.

But the seller is refusing to click any of eBay's options. That's why I think she's trying to scam me with an address that's a relative's then she'll claim she didn't receive them. I'm not going to send anything back without following the case. I want to be protected. I really thought this was going to be an open and shut thing. I didn't realize the seller was going to fight me tooth and nail after they messed up!

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »
So I told her again [...] that I would send pictures if she needs proof.

In my opinion, they are overreacting in the way they are wording their messages, however, I can absolutely understand not wanting to send a refund before having seen any photos of the damage. I always include photos with the very first message that I send if there is any issue with an item. Imagine yourself being on their side: If you received only a message about a damage without any proof of the damage - would you send a refund?

<3

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 12:08:35 AM »
i would have sent  the photos showing the issue   in the very first message,
one other thing i find odd here  is that  shes  only refudned or  offered to refund the shipping  first and not the  full cost of   the lot  to send back to her , and they she  says she will only   refund the items once returned   .... 

ive never had to  return something  but just that in its self  seams   odd to me.  :/

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 04:27:48 AM »
What a mess :(  it should have been an easy solve but the seller seems to have thrown a fit. If she responded through the case it would be easy to solve, and yes you have options of how you and your seller can resolve it.  You can also upload photos for her (and ebay)  to see during the case - ebay lets you upload up to around 20 photos as proof for the seller to see (I had to do this when a seller sent me 2 MIB dolls so badly packed in flimsy paper that they got crushed..and she refused me a refund and said it was my problem. ebay sorted it after I provided proof) . I agree its only fair to show her the pics of what the newspaper has done to them . Of course newspaper transfers onto things and no it isn't easy to remove. If she has really sold so many ponies this way I don't know why she hasn't had more complaints TBH..but that's beside the point. She needs to learn that newspaper is not suitable to pack ponies with for future sales :awake: . She also needs to learn some manners when dealing with her buyers :huh:   Show the pics through the case and do the return through the case. I would not deal with this person outside of ebay - especially not now she is all worked up and angry with you. I don't know if she is a scammer or just clueless and on the defence - probably the latter - but either way she should work with you through ebay to resolve the issue as amicably as possible. Ebay will not look favourably on her if she is getting angry with her buyers. Stay calm in any responses if you escalate the case, even if she gets mad  (I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that but if anyone new is reading this it helps ;) )
Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal