collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Postage Due on eBay Package?  (Read 999 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Postage Due on eBay Package?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 03:35:59 AM »
Yeah, 24 hours or so and then open a case.  I wouldn't leave feedback until after the holiday week.  She may not even be home and reading messages. 

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 03:43:49 AM »
I agree with most of the advice here, give them a chance to make it right, since you absolutely shouldn't have to be inconvenienced this way and you are already paying over retail for the item.  If they won't or if they are rude about it, then be honest about your feedback.  That is what feedback is for.  If they offer free shipping and then don't deliver, I think it warrants a neg or nue so you can explain the situation.  A pos with a description of the transaction would be a false positive anyway. :) But if they refund you the amount your due and everything works out nicely and apologetically, then pos it is. I'd say 24 hours, we are far enough away from the holiday I think most people have access to their accounts or are suspending transactions for the holidays if they cannot.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 04:11:58 AM »
I understand feeling annoyed but there's no reason to take it out on the seller if she helps to rectify the situation. This has happened at my job before. We sent a package and honestly thought we put enough postage on it, but it was short some and the post office didn't let us know in any way. They just delivered the package and charged the purchaser. This is standard post office policy, so your seller probably has no idea. Hopefully she will do what she can to make it right, but just keep in mind she's probably not out to be a bad seller on purpose.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 09:02:38 AM »
I got a response from the seller and they gave me a partial refund of $1.15 (which covers the postage paid, but gas isn't free) along with an explanation that makes no sense to me:

I cannot believe they charged you that amount was written for me by my local postal lady. She weighs them for me in the morning and when I get home in the afternoon I know how much postage to add. Sorry for that I should have cross out the postage due. I will refund your money.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 09:21:26 AM »
I got a response from the seller and they gave me a partial refund of $1.15 (which covers the postage paid, but gas isn't free) along with an explanation that makes no sense to me:

I cannot believe they charged you that amount was written for me by my local postal lady. She weighs them for me in the morning and when I get home in the afternoon I know how much postage to add. Sorry for that I should have cross out the postage due. I will refund your money.

Basically what I think she's saying is the postage due note was left for her and she put the amount on in stamps and your post office got confused and is trying to charge you again for what she already paid because she left the note on the package. So the amount will be paid twice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »

Basically what I think she's saying is the postage due note was left for her and she put the amount on in stamps and your post office got confused and is trying to charge you again for what she already paid because she left the note on the package. So the amount will be paid twice.

Can that actually happen, though? I've never heard of putting a Postage Due stamp on a package that hasn't even been mailed yet and even if that is the case, why wouldn't the post office worker cross it off once payment was received?

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
I don't know. But it was the seller's responsibility to make sure it had proper postage and you shouldn't have to pay any extra no matter what her excuse is.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »

:shocked: This person needs to buy a scale.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2013, 11:58:22 AM »

:shocked: This person needs to buy a scale.

or just mail them while she's at the po.....

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 03:38:55 PM »
Sounds like she has a friendly relationship with her postal worker who takes care of the pick-ups...  My mom would call ours up, he'd come get the box with the morning mail, then give her a shipping estimate while he was at the office and then bring it back to her the next day with a handwritten slip of how much it would cost, and she'd leave the money for him in the mailbox even!   

This doesn't work in the buyer's favor always though because if the mistake is caught, then it continues on to the recipient as Postage Due - but YOU do get your items!  Imagine a MOC or something...  :(  Oops! At least it was only a few dollars..  and you really did want the item/s, so it isn't a total loss. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:40:38 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal