collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NonMLP Issue - Pretty sure buyer is trying to pull a fast one...  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NonMLP Issue - Pretty sure buyer is trying to pull a fast one...
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 04:55:28 AM »
Oh no, what a mess! I'm so sorry Sunshine, how absolutely awful :( I hope you can get through to ebay immediately, and definitely explain to them how you researched the doll, and give them the links to the AG doll resources, tell them how you made sure to describe it exactly. It's not your fault if the buyer has her own (totally groundless because she doesn't actually know what she thinks she does about AG) expectations :hug:

I wouldn't refund yet, see what other routes you can exhaust through talking to ebay first. If they do insist on a return for refund, make sure you take photos of the box when you receive it, and as you unpack it (you might even do a video)--it has to be exactly your doll in exactly the condition you sent it in.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 05:00:39 AM »
Mikeys, I agree about the case thing... isn't it supposed to offer some sort of "seller protection" though with a case? I dunno... sellers get such a raw bargain on eBay.

The case is in her hands now, I responded last night like I mentioned - provided her with the link to the site that shows the different Samantha's and how she can be light or dark haired, and I can't do anything else on the case until they respond...

I just got through with eBay and they said that they would "check the case details" and "advise"... which means nothing, but, they have my phone number and are supposed to call me if things escalate. Hopefully, the person will be happy with the information I've given them?

I mean, their message did say "Please advise", so... I did... :lol: I mean, I told them my grandmother bought it for me in like 89-90, I know it's Sam because I wanted Kirsten (she was the one that looked like me, lol) and that the site provided shows photos of the White Bodied Samantha that she purchased and that the hair color and eye color match the lighter Samantha. I also mentioned that the American Doll wiki page is pretty bad as far as providing information on variations or different dolls, it just basically has each Character and a photo of one doll.

All I can do is hope that they read that and say, "Well hey, she is Samantha and I'm satisfied" - and closes the case. I REALLY would rather her be happy with Sam than have Sam have to come back to me, and me worry about if I'm gonna get MY Sam back or whatever might happen, or that she might get damaged... (I took SO much time wrapping her for shipping...) - so... *fingers crossed* That this buyer really does just want to "be advised" on Samantha and will be happy once they read that she's original :)

If they do want to return it, yeah I definitely will have to do that Zombelina... As with ponies and such, even moreso with dolls, I know that any little new flaw can change value and such. Luckily I kept all the photos on my computer as well as on eBay and think I may have had some extra ones that we didn't upload to the auction...

All I can do is wait now... :whistle:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 05:03:49 AM »
:hug: Crossing my fingers for you!!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 05:05:23 AM »
I really do hope that things work out the way that you would like them to. Hopefully the buyer is satisfied with the information that you provided and she'll close the case and leave a positive feedback.

I really do wish that ebay offered sellers better protection.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »
Okay... well now I feel like a jerk for thinking this buyer was trying to pull something over on me... :yikes:

I just got the case closed... buyer responded something to the effect of "Seller educated me and showed me everything was what it was supposed to be, thanks!" - something like that (since I did send them that link explaining that Sam could have two different hair colors...)

Anyway, I feel bad that I jumped to conclusions but... how often do you spend $200 on something that you're only... "kind of" aware of? That's what made me think that in the first place.

Thankfully, everything is resolved... It was just a really weird thing for me... I know I couldn't drop that kind of cash on something (like a pony, let's say) unless I was completely, 100% sure it was 1) worth $200 and 2) it was who I WANTED to buy... ya know?

I feel silly now but I was really really nervous and anxious and upset when it first happened! :facepalm:

My Want List

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »
Don't feel silly! With all the scams and things that *do* happen all the time, it wasn't unreasonable at all to think that's what was going on here. It's totally great that it wasn't, and that your buyer listened and realized! Hooray! :cheer: Seriously, the most I've ever spent on a doll was $120 and OMG I researched for weeks to be sure what to expect and to ensure she was what I wanted! :lol:

Really, don't feel bad, you were civil and professional throughout. So glad all turned out well for you! :hug:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »
I agree with Zombelina, there is no reason for you to feel bad at all. With everyone having terrible experiences with both buyers and sellers, it's hard not to think the worst, especially in a situation regarding such an expensive item not to mention the fact that it was an item that was near and dear to your heart for sentimental reasons.

I'm happy to hear that your buyer is happy and has closed the case. No more worrying little miss ;)

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »
Ugh, I'm so sorry you're going through this too!  I also am having issues with 2 buyers, and I've only sold 4 items total on eBay!  It's getting more and more frustrating to sell on there.

I wish you the best in figuring it out. Sometimes you just need to call eBay and explain the situation.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »
Wow, glad it all ended well! What a headache! Just glad the buyer didn't mean any harm and learned something from all the information you provided. ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 02:34:51 AM »
So glad it was resolved and the buyer wasn't trying to scam you! :hug: Don't feel silly, I always assume the worse with ebay buyers because there ARE a lot of shady ones out there :P
My Wish List

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 02:39:47 AM »
Oh this is wonderful news.  Sounds like she just was not aware of the differences between the old old dolls and the newer ones.  I am so pleased she handled it in such a nice way in the end but talking about how you helped her.  That is so good.  She has quite a collectible there and I hope she appreciates that doll.  Those are hard to come by.  Its amazing she bought one not knowing this fact lol.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

DavidC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 04:05:57 AM »
That's awesome that you got this resolved and everyone is happy. :)

I have to agree, who spends @$200 or more for toys without doing research first?

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 05:04:14 AM »
Thank you all! It's a sigh of relief... one because I don't have to worry about Sam getting damaged in transit back to me, but also because the seller really did seem pleased with her Sam... two because now I can feel like Sam is in a place where she WILL be appreciated. Maybe it's like... you know, you buy a Nirvana pony or something, and it turns out not only is it a nirvana but it's an OOAK? Maybe that's how the "Surprise" of finding out which Sam she bought was?

I dunno, all I can say is, I feel really bad about jumping to conclusions but am very happy that the buyer was easy to work with. So, no bad buyer name to watch out for or anything - that's always a plus.

I agree with all of you saying there are SO MANY issues on eBay, I browse the TS forums and read SO many of them because I see the people mentioned or the auctions or have had a similar issue and I just cna't believe how rampant it is on eBay to have scams, bad sellers, bad buyers... Sad really. :huh:
Well, not really sad... I mean, I have the Arena so, as far as I care about ponies - I'm satisfied without eBay, it's just trying to unload all my random non-MLP stuff that takes me there! :yikes:

My Want List

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 08:51:37 AM »
Sunshine, don't feel too bad.  Things are crazy with buyers right now and you had no way of knowing what this person was like. After all you never met them and only had the internet message to go by. Any person would have been concerned and responded with that type of deduction. Don't let your guard down.  Instinct is a good thing to follow and this case turned out great, but many don't for sellers.  So, I say its never wrong to smell a rat.  If there is not a rat there, then yay.  Its not like you yelled at this buyer and told them they were a scammer out to harm you in some way.  A thought isn't going to hurt anyone.

Post Merge: November 21, 2013, 08:52:52 AM

Don't feel silly!  I believe you responded normally consider the value of the item and the nervy question and response of the buyer. Hugs

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 11:23:04 PM »
I am very glad it worked out as well!  :)  The early whited-bodied dolls are quite valuable so it's not far-fetched at all that someone might be trying to insinuate a scam to get the doll for free.  ;)  I've heard about it a number of times before on AG Playthings... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal