collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A trademe woe (RESOLVED)  (Read 2398 times)

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
A trademe woe (RESOLVED)
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:21:51 PM »
I have never had a problem with this seller the first time I bought from her but awhile ago I purchased a G2 pony I wanted. Since then I have received 2 emails saying they didn't send her. I still haven't received her and it has been quite some time since I paid for her.

I'm really not sure what to do. I've never had problems on trademe before. But...I'm out money and a pony. They also said in the 2nd email that they would send an extra pony as some sort of 'compensation' but it's getting to the point where I'm sick of waiting for the original pony to arrive. They didn't even answer my last email.

EDIT: Pony received!! .

Adam
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:43:09 PM by terabithianprince »

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A trademe woe
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:58:58 PM »
Hi

sorry you are having problems with a seller on TM.  I've had very few problems, but recently I had a buyer who failed to contact me, so I wrote saying if I had no reply in next 24hrs they would receive negative feedback and wha-la instant reply! LOL.  Nothing like some threats of negative feedback LOL. If it were me I would expect the item to be sent within one week of payment being received unless otherwise stated by either party (some rural folk only go to town once a week etc, so in this sort of case I would expect to be advised). 

Out of interest who was the seller? (PM me if you like).  Then I'll know who to avoid on TM. 

All the best & fingers crossed the pony is in the post soon   

Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:59:42 PM »
Good on you for sharing, Terabithian  :)  It's very unfair for this trader to withhold the pony, or a refund if shipping for whatever reason is not possible. You've paid, you've been in touch, and they are not fulfilling their part of the bargain. NZ I think we kiwis can agree has a small and reasonably connected pony community; many of us have traded with each other at one time or another. I hope this person doesn't let you down, or others for that matter. An email never hurt if a situation beyond their control is affecting their part of the trade, it's the least they could do for you.

I say try to get in touch again, question a refund if they don't come forward with the pony, and if all else fails, leave a feedback that might give them a nudge and warn others of their conduct. You can change it once on Trademe if they fulfill their part of the bargain.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted  :hug:

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
I'll second that Marlin.  I'm wondering if we'll know this seller.... tis a very small place Kiwiland. 
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »
I'll PM you the name of them Endocat. I find it weird the first time I dealt with them was fine and now I have problems. :/

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:32:38 AM »
Have you contacted TradeMe?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 02:40:50 AM »
No how do I contact trademe? Sorry if that's a silly question lol.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 02:43:44 AM »
I am sorry you are having issues terabith.  I would suggest doing what the others have advised as I am not familiar with Trademe.

I suppose though as long as you still have some sort of communication with them they may still come through.   But maybe they need a little nudge to get the ball rolling.

I found a page on how to contact them, you have to scroll all the way down.
 http://www.trademe.co.nz/help/145/privacy-policy
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:50:32 AM »
I agree with contacting Trademe they are surprisingly quite helpful
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 04:38:07 AM »
Thanks I'll try that if they don't reply to my email.

Thanks all ponies for the advice.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
Please let us know who this person is, if you don't get on well.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »
Mmm... I perhaps have a little less faith in the trademe assistance. I had a problem with a seller several months back (buying MLP DVD's for my kids, ironic, eh?). I paid right after the auction, had what seemed good communication initially... and then... nothing.  After several emails trying to contact the seller with no joy when my goods never arrived, I then contacted TM, as you can report a seller (I guess similar to what you can do on ebay). I basically got the token 'thanks for your email, we'll contact you in the next x amount of hours' and when that response came after assessing my situation, got a response that indicated along the lines: 'we will contact the seller for you to encourage them to complete the transaction... you can file a police report if nothing comes of it, but due to the value of your transaction it is unlikely they'll do anything...'

Helpful, huh?

I think if a seller has repeated negative feedbacks they'd take it more seriously. In my case, I did eventually get my dvd's, but whether it was whatever pre-scripted email TM sent or my steadily less and less impressed emails to the seller that finally did the trick, I don't know.

Contacting TM certainly can't hurt, and maybe an email from them to the seller will be enough to remind them that not all things go unnoticed.

Try this link for more direct info on TM: http://www.trademe.co.nz/help/360/problems-with-sellers

:)

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 06:58:50 PM »
:enraged: I still have no response to my emails. I'll keep pestering them again but it seems not likely.

Thanks for the link Marlin.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 06:49:50 PM »
how disappointing :(   Is it trademe that hasnt  responded, or is the seller that hasnt responded, or is it both?  I would  think trademe would at least reply to you, but it may take longer to reply over the weekend.  As for the seller, I would wait until the weekend is over, and if you still havent heard anything or received your item then I would go along with what Marlin suggested here : 
I say try to get in touch again, question a refund if they don't come forward with the pony, and if all else fails, leave a feedback that might give them a nudge and warn others of their conduct. You can change it once on Trademe if they fulfill their part of the bargain.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
I will give the seller one more chance to respond to my emails then I'll contact trademe. It's a bit worrying as I found a thread from the old arena about them and it's the same thing apart from they were buying.

I will do that Ringlets. It's annoying them not responding. At least ...I haven't seen my pony back up for sale. ;-;

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal