collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 26165 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2023, 02:38:04 PM »
All goals are welcome here.  :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2023, 10:55:40 AM »
I was surprised I didn't gain this week since I had to get my shot and weigh in a couple of days after Thanksgiving. 

I got a bag of pretzels at the store. I haven't had pretzels in a long time.  I hope I don't eat the whole bag in a couple of days.

Ponyfan

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2023, 06:34:52 PM »
I’ve got some big goals for the next year.
1st is to eliminate ultraprocessed foods from our diet completely (with exception of if I’m traveling, gifted, or invited out to eat and can’t realistically avoid without hassle or being rude.)
2nd is to live on less than half our household income for the next year (this would leave me with a small fixed amount for anything that isn’t an absolute necessity for the whole year, with the purpose of being able to pay as much into our mortgage as possible.)

My spouse is on board but we are still working out specifics and plan to implement at the beginning of the year.

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2023, 09:01:30 PM »
My goal for 2024: Take my lifelong dream trip to Australia

I've already saved up for my plane ticket, now I just need to save for the hotel/place to stay, and anything related to food, as well as the things I need for my cat, as she is coming with me.

:frolic:

It will be tough, as money will be tight, but I know this trip will be so worth it :heart:
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
one of my goals this year is to get in better shape. not really just weight loss just strength and flexibility. i also just need more endurance. if i'm going to be taking care of my parents more i need to take care of myself too. also last time i went into the grocery store i was a little winded. it's a big grocery store and i was walking fast to get just one item but still...

i also need to save more money this year and pay off some of the debt we have from furnishing the house.

Spoiler
hiding because it's job related. i really want to build up a more reliable freelance client base for web dev/design work. i have a handful of clients but it's small and I would really like to have enough income from freelance so that if something happens with my current job i can just freelance full-time. I love building and designing websites and applications but i hate the big tech side of things.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2023, 03:42:35 PM »
My goal is to put that damn bike together for real this time. I need to do something about the swelling in my legs and cycling is a great way to get rid of it. I need to take more breaks from sitting at my desk. I need to set a timer for 20minutes, then get up and walk/cycle for 10. It's going to put a hamper on my gametime, but playing a game for hours straight is not as important as my health and comfort.

I need to limit salt. I don't really use salt in my own cooking, unless it's potatoes. I need to pay attention to packaged foods though. My favorite snack is white cheddar popcorn. I don't put salt on it, but there's a lot of salt in the cheese powder. I will have to eat less of it.

Long term, I'd like to rejoin a gym. When I have my own money I'll be able to afford membership and cost for the ride there and back. I can take the "bus" (it's not really a bus, like city bus, you have to have an appointment 24 hours in advance, but it's only $2 if you're disabled).

Once I start feeling better and hopefully get some mobility back, I'd like to volunteer at the animal shelter.

This is going to be a year+ project, but I think I can do it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 06, 2023, 01:45:24 PM »
It's not a done deal yet, but my mom found out she can go to the aquatic center basically for free after paying a one time fee of $25 for a scannable tag.  I can join her for $10 each time she goes.  The aquatic center has a lap pool and a therapy pool where they do water aerobics in the mornings.   I hope she decides to join.  I've missed being in a pool.  We have a hot tub in the backyard, but it's broken.

Ponyfan

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2023, 11:27:48 AM »
In addition to doing more writing for my projects, my ultimate goal for 2024 is to give my YouTube channel a lot more attention - I only uploaded one episode for my Animation Review Show this year, and that's supposed to be my main show...

Next year, I not only aim to work hard to get more Animation Reviews done, but to basically "be a YouTuber", and upload things more generally, like while I'm working on the things that take longer to finish (like the reviews), I'll do something that can ultimately be done in a day, like a Gaming episode, or a Vlog, and upload that.

I also aim to do some My Little Pony related videos in someway, in addition to obviously reviewing the cartoons.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #293 on: December 25, 2023, 05:19:26 PM »
I loved this initiative!! I also need to lose weight, I'm very heavy and this is harming my health because I'm pre-diabetic, as well as my low self-esteem and the bullying people do to me! my goal is to focus on veterinary medicine school and be an excellent student and help the blue macaws and also increase my pony and comic collections

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2023, 04:25:46 PM »
I'm going to try this next year to be better about what I eat and to exercise more.  I'm doing this for myself and no one else so it's not about shame because of how other people view me but about pride for me to do what I set out to do and to (hopefully) look and feel fabulous when I get to the point I want to be at.

I want everyone on here to feel good about their goals and not feel shame for anything they are (or aren't) working towards.  Everyone is awesome and I hope everyone is able to remember that, even on days that things don't go the way we want them to.

We CAN do it!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: 

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2023, 09:33:24 PM »
I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit for the holidays. :blush: I’m up about 5 pounds, but I’m not too worried about it, I know I can lose it again in time! I’m still overall happy with where I’m at health wise and I hope to keep improving in the new year. :)

I did my first 5k earlier this month! I actually ran more of it than I expected to. Having other people to pace me helped me not overdo it in the beginning so I could run longer. There was a guy there in an inflatable Olaf costume that was right behind me the whole time. I told myself I wanted to at least beat Olaf and I did lol! :lol: I ended up placing 174 out of almost 500, so for a first attempt I’m quite happy with that! I had a lot of fun and I think I’d like to do more 5ks in the future. I just wish there were more night runs, I don’t do mornings! :lol:

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2024, 12:48:47 PM »
Done a lot of walking the past few days  since it was warm. Today I did a workout vid.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #297 on: February 15, 2024, 02:20:05 PM »
Thanks for bumping.

I'm doing really well with the swelling in my legs :) The folliculitis is almost gone.

Also doing good with the no salt.

I have gained a lot of weight though. I need to stop eating pasta and pizza so much. I also need to exercise more.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 15, 2024, 03:40:19 PM »
Thanks for bumping.

I'm doing really well with the swelling in my legs :) The folliculitis is almost gone.

Also doing good with the no salt.

I have gained a lot of weight though. I need to stop eating pasta and pizza so much. I also need to exercise more.
Ooh.  >_< Feel better soon
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 24, 2024, 06:37:17 PM »
I lost 2 pounds last week, but I gained it back this week.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal