collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 26189 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2022, 06:34:22 AM »
Wow, that's really cool, cosmospanda :)

I've been eating more fruit because it's in season and so cheap right now. I know it's extra sugar, but I eat it early in the morning so it has a chance to burn off during the day. Right now my favorites are yellow nectarines, cantaloupe, raspberries and mango. So good! I'm still making veggie smoothies too.

I would like to make my own granola bars. I've looked at a few recipes and it's great because you can choose exactly what you want in them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2022, 01:12:53 PM »
I need to lose weight. Ever since getting a job several months back, I have had more money to spend on sweets and junk food. Lets just say the results are not pretty. I'm literally having to hold myself back from ordering a pizza for dinner tonight. I don't even want to specify exactly when it was I last ordered a pizza and that I'm thinking of another one.  :blush:

|My Collection|

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2022, 12:02:33 PM »
Everyone is doing Great :cheer:
So I decided I would start exercising on my stationary bike thingy when I got back from my 2 week vacation around the 4th of July. (We had celebrated my great aunts 90th birthday so it was a big family reunion) so I got back home Tuesday & I exercised on my bike for 20 min. I forgot to do stomach crunches in the morning. Turns out my exersise bike makes a lot of noise when I peddle so that's why it's $10 but I put it out in the garage and I put on head phones and I was fine ^.^ not sure about anyone else who had to hear it. Although I did ask my sister who was in the house and she said she heard nothing. So I think I'm good... I weight myself on that day and I was 296.8 ibs.
You know what I found out this week?! My granny weighs 113ibs I make up 2 of my granny's + 70ibs that just makes me sick.
Now I no longer want to be 200ibs I want to be 160 for sure and you know what that's still obese for me but it will be a comfortable weight I think. Depends on what I'm doing at that time. I now want to go horse back riding again, Thanks to BlackCurtains Post   :biggrin:. So it really depends on my future and my dedication of my weight loss goal. I think I'll work really hard on weight loss and then add horse back riding later.

For another goal I'm asking my aunt if she can teach me how to drive. I'm 35 and all the second cousins now went through drivers Ed & have a car. I'm not letting my nieces get there license before I do. It was such a big issue when I was growing up I'm putting my foot down. I'm getting my license now. Just a little more practice is all I need.  :)

Harmonie
I'm glad you posted here! We can help Be your support team and help brain storm with you on some goals/problems that may interfere with goals. Is there a diet you been wanting to try. Example there is the diabetic diet you don't have to be diabetic to do it. (I'm doing that with portion control) there is intermediate fasting. This is where you eat anything you want only at certain times of the day. Example would be you eat anything you want at noon & 6:00 when ever dinner is 6pm - 8pm then 9pm till noon the following next day you eat Lunch and repeat. There is the keto diet that's counting micronutrients calories it's a little complex but if you like fish & chicken nuts, & eggs this is the diet for you. But you have to cut all breads & starches that includes pizza bread & pasta
These are not the only diets out there obviously these are just the ones I learned about personally. I shouldn't promote diet but a life changing way of eating. Do you want to add exercise to your regimen. Hope to see you in the thread!

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2022, 02:56:59 PM »
Nice work Starflashbaby! My exercise bike is noisy to….it’s a really good bike but OMG it’s obnoxious! It’s so loud that I can’t even watch TV while riding it, which makes me lose my motivation to do it! :P Good luck on the driving too! I was one of the last in my friend group to get my drivers license, driving was really slow Cary to m at the time! Now that I’ve been doing it for a few years though it’s not nearly as stressful.

I lost some more weight when I got Covid a few weeks back. I thought it would just be a temporary fluke, but IDK it sms to be staying off, so thats a win I guess! When I weigh in now my BMI seems to be hovering in the upper -normal range, so I’m happy about that.

My goal of taking in more protein has been tricky. I have gotten better about it! I’ve had a couple days where 30% of my food intake is protein based, but more often than not I’m in the 18-20% range. I’ve noticed though that Lose It tracks the macronutrients weird. Even though I have eaten more grams of protein than say, fat it still shows my fat % as higher than the protein. :huh: I can’t really figure that one out. It’s also not the perfect tracking tool because not every food in their database has the macro info, so I’m trying to give myself a little leeway with this goal!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2022, 05:13:25 AM »
I'm going to ask my parents for an upright bike for my birthday :) I've had one on my Amazon wish list for a while and the price keeps going down but it's still over $200.

I can't wear two pairs of shorts anymore because they keep falling off :lol: I also need to buy new underwear because what I have is way too big on me now, but at least they still stay up. My shirts don't seem to fit any different though. I have a big belly and I'm going to guess that will be the hardest to take off. I know I've lost weight in my thighs because I have some loose skin.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2022, 08:32:10 AM »
Had a few aggravating days this month where I climbed back up to 126, and it was too hot to work out. But I've dropped to 120 pounds and the last few days have been just below 100 degrees so I could work out a little and walk in the evenings.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2022, 06:13:10 AM »
I lost 4 pounds since I had Covid.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2022, 09:03:55 AM »
I lost 4 pounds since I had Covid.

Ponyfan

I lost weight when I had Covid, too, but I thought it might have been because I was finally getting to sleep as much as my body needed to since I didn't have to go anywhere.

I am trying to give away G3 Ponies so I can clear that part of my closet out. (I did a post if you want to know.) 

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2022, 05:42:34 AM »
I've been... not good. I'm an emotional eater and this stuff with my dad is making me crave things. I bought ice cream for the first time in months, though I didn't get half gallons, I got Klondike bars and M&M cookie sandwiches. I've also been eating a lot of pasta recently, which is a comfort food for me. I'm still drinking my smoothies. I was going to the mailbox everyday but I slacked on that too. I went on Monday but didn't go yesterday.

Yesterday for dinner I made roast veggies; yellow and red potatoes, cabbage, carrots and onions, but I overate and was up with my stomach. Today I'm going to my parent's house and we'll probably get fast food.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2022, 11:11:27 AM »
I gained a pound this week.  I've been craving candy, which is really unusual for me, but this week  I haven't been able to stop eating it.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2022, 06:47:58 PM »
I've been taking Slim Shots for a year now.  I've lost 26 pounds in a year.  :D

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2022, 03:56:21 AM »
Congrats Ponyfan! That's a lot!

I haven't weighed myself. I know I gained some back with all the pasta I've been eating. I know it's bad for me, but like I said before, it's a comfort food. I bought groceries yesterday and got more pasta...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2022, 07:25:13 AM »
I've been trying to get some stuff done to sell at a craft sale next month.  I am doing the couch to 5k thing on my treadmill again and it's going okay but I hate that I suck so much at running.  But then, if I was actually any good at it or enjoyed it, I would have done it regularly growing up and wouldn't have to try to like it now.  I wish our bodies would learn to exercise while we're doing the things we actually enjoy instead of punishing some of us for not being sporty or outdoor types.  Why can't reading about running through Mordor count as exercise?

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2022, 06:00:10 AM »
I've been needing to clean off my desk for a long time.  I would try, but quickly got overwhelmed because of how much stuff was on it.  It was organized chaos though because I had certain places for important stuff, so I knew where it was.  Yesterday my mom took almost everything off my desk and put it in a box so I can sort it out, file and throw away/shred stuff I don't need.  My desk looks a lot better already, but I got so used to it being disorganized that it's taking some getting used to. 

Hopefully this will give me the motivation I need to organize the rest of my office space.

Ponyfan

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2022, 12:41:01 PM »
Hi Everyone!
its been a long time since I posted last. I finally finished Harley Quinn Custom as a goal and as for driving as a goal well I haven't started yet :lol: however, I have to read the Motorists' Handbook first which I'm half way through and I have this app called the Wisconsin DMV Driver Practice Test which quizzes me on the Handbook. Its very random questions and its not the same questions every time I open the app and it tells me what questions I got wrong at the end of each quiz.

As for my weight goal I started out being 320 when I first decided to lose weight that was a couple of years ago and I could never go past 290. But today is a day to celebrate! not with food but a pony or extra cash! I'm finally 287.6 pounds!  ^.^

Ponyfan that reminds me I have to organize the gest room All of my baits and sales items are in it along with some books that need to be put away. P.S Congrats on losing 26 pounds

Pokeyonekenobie Are you reading Lord of the Rings?  ^.^

BlackCurtains hmmm Pasta....  :yummy:

Leave a Whisper I know how you feel my stationary Bike is out in the garage and it was hot and sticky outside so the garage got hot and sticky. I like to exercise but not feel gross at the same time... in the dead of winter I could always put on a warm jacket or sweater I guess...

Minty Magic Thank you!

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal