collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 77408 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1530 on: August 25, 2022, 05:56:30 AM »
UGH I had to send a new application for my EBT because I was supposed to have a phone interview and despite calling every day and leaving a message, I never heard back from anyone so they closed my case. Now the new application requires a phone interview as well and I have to have my dad fill out a form about how much money he gives me. My dad HATES filling out forms that ask for personal information and I'd really rather not bother him with him just having surgery and everything. It needs to be sent before Sep 6th and I need to have the interview by then too.

It's almost 9 when they open, I hope someone answers. I don't think it should be my fault when I call every day and leave a message and no one gets back to me. But noooooooo close my case that's been going on for 15 years!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 25, 2022, 07:09:56 AM »
We think my sister, 3 kids, 2 dogs, a rabbit and a partridge in a pear tree are going to be showing up at my house today.  Let the [don't tell my kids what to do even though I'm not paying attention to them and they need direction/help/attention] games begin. 

I'm tired already.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1532 on: August 25, 2022, 08:18:58 AM »
Both parents now Covid+.
Mum is saying she's feeling better after yesterday's infusion. She is well enough to sneak around putting towels and teatowels away behind my back, although she did give way on my cleaning and refilling the tumble dryer. It's a good sign when she's being this rebellious, but this is the woman who had chemo and insisted on coming home and cooking dinner, so who knows.

Dad so far has no symptoms of note. He had to do a test today as he should have been going to ENT about an unrelated matter. Both parents' hospital appts torpedoed by bad timing. Mum is more annoyed about that than the COVID. Again, that's pretty like her.

I am assuming I've either got it or am about to get it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1533 on: August 25, 2022, 12:11:00 PM »
@Taffeta i'm glad she's feeling better. i hope no one gets too sick :)

A conversation on the morning work call annoyed me this morning. just reminded me more about needing to find another place to work. i really hate corporate office culture :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 25, 2022, 03:34:01 PM »
I had a bit of a scare a few minutes ago.  I decided to walk down the street to get steps on my Fitbit.  There were people yelling down the street, so I went the other way towards a major road (I stayed on the sidewalk).  I saw several children playing outside.  When I got back to my own driveway when I saw movement a few houses down.  I thought maybe it was a kid playing but when I looked it was the neighbor's huge white dog that they let run loose often.  Once it saw me. it ran straight at me.  I started yelling at the dog to "Go Away! Get Away! Go Home!" but the dog continued to stay right with me and follow me.  Finally, I yelled "Stay!" and the dog stayed in one spot allowing me to safely enter the house.  Then I yelled at it again to "Go Away!" 

I like dogs and have one of my own, but I don't like this one.  It wasn't aggressive but it's big and has scratched other people.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 25, 2022, 07:29:13 PM »
Quick thinking there Ponyfan!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1536 on: August 26, 2022, 04:59:09 AM »
I hate when people let their animals run loose. My downstairs neighbor does that with her dog, the dog is small and old, but he doesn't listen to her, so she ends up yelling at him. Every day I hear "Budgie, come here!" over and over.

I'm sorry that happened to you, Ponyfan, but that was smart to tell it to stay.

I slept in again. My cat was trying to get me up but I already fed her so I ignored her (she's decided she doesn't like the flavor turkey and giblets anymore and wanted something different). I had a dream with my sister in it, but I can't remember any details. I also woke up at some point with a leg cramp. Those are fun.

Inspections are coming up again Sep 16th. That means I have to deep clean.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1537 on: August 26, 2022, 05:36:12 AM »
it annoys me when people add reviews for products and they review the service but not the product. like for a shovel at the hardware store it says "great service. easy pickup". no you're supposed to review the product. this review tells me nothing about the shovel and it throws off the average rating. and don't get me started on "great product" but 1 star. i guess they got confused. or are they just trolling? i don't know why it bothers me so much.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1538 on: August 26, 2022, 06:34:59 AM »
^ I agree. I also hate the 1 star reviews because the person is too dumb to figure out how to use the item.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1539 on: August 26, 2022, 10:35:37 AM »
I hate reviews like that too. I get when people are fed up but it doesn't help the buyer at all.

@Ponyfan, the dog story made me shudder. It sucks that they let it roam like that.

Today's trivial complaint, having to go into town to get mother's meds the day after I just went into town to get meds for dad. It was meant to be sent to our local pharmacy. But it wasn't. Joy.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 26, 2022, 03:38:16 PM »
Not really a complaint but the library where I work decided to go ahead with my fundraiser idea so now I have to plan a craft fair and finish up a bunch of stuff for my own table.   :freak:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal