collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you keep track of your ponies?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: How do you keep track of your ponies?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
I did something really simple.  I made lists on the computer in Microsoft word for each generation. I have a quick reference list that is every pony in alpha order and then I make a separate list organized by color.  On that list I have the description of symbols for G1 ponies and cutie marks for G3 ponies.  Since I only collect G3 and G1, I have 4 lists. 2 for each generation.  Sometimes I just want to know if I have a pony and the quick reference is the easiest way to find it. If I can't remember a pony name by looking at the pony, I just look it up by color. I also have my accessories listed (need to continue working on this list).  I have done this for all of my ponies and all of my Lalaloopsy dolls so I can remember what came with what.  My next list is combs that I have and playsets.  I print everything out twice a year and keep it in a binder.  When I get a new pony, the first thing I do is add it to the computer lists and then write it on my paper copy until I reprint sometime later.  This helps me know exactly how many ponies I have and if I own what they came with or not.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:08:50 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »
I haven't gone through my collection and listed each individual pony by name. The thought of doing that scares me. But I know at some point I'll have to do it.

However, I do keep a small sheet of paper on hand that lists the total number of ponies I have, and then it's broken down by generation, and lists what types of ponies I have in those generations.

For example:

G1:

27 Brushables
2 Plush

Every time I get something new, I add it to the total, and then I place it in the appropriate generation and category.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »
A checklist I printed out from Dream Valley.  : D

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 07:43:11 PM »
I have realized that I truly need some help keeping track of my collection.

I have discovered recently that I have duplicates that I had no idea I owned.

There is a beautiful G2 I was looking at on eBay. For those of you who are curious, her name is Teddy. :) I thought she was gorgeous but was selling for about $27 and I couldn't bring myself to pay that price. I got some ponies out of storage the other night and didn't realize I ALREADY own her.....MOC no less. XD

I NEED to get some kind of inventory going here!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
I'm a fan of Ponydex. It works well enough for my collection which is nearing 500 ponies, and it's nice to use the "for sale" tag to identify doubles!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

tiktok

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
I have hardly any ponies, so I keep track of them in my head, but I keep inventory lists of other things - my film collection is in an alphabetical list on my iPad, since I pretty much have that with me if I am in a place where I might buy myself new DVDs, and I keep track of my dragons for dragcave (online game) on a Google Docs spreadsheet.

When I was trying to decide what G4 ponies I wanted to acquire next, I went through everything on the G4 checklist on My Little Pony News and made a prioritized list in my text editor. Since it was short, I didn't bother saving it.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.  I've started on a database with Microsoft Office and I also am checking out Ponydex.  Cataloguing everything is going to take some time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal