collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: This is devestating =(  (Read 2620 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: This is devestating =(
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
Thats such a horrible thing to happen to you and to have to remember again now.

I hope if you can manage to come up with a list of those missing, that you can track them down with members help her.

Pony hugs for you
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline blu_clouds

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »
Oh no!  That is sooo awful.  I have never gone through something like that, but in 2007 my house burned down and I lost most of my collection.  It was awful.  I took a break from collecting, too.  It does take a while to get back into it, but everyone here will help you as much as they can! Everyone was super-supportive of me!  I hope you feel better!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »
Sorry to hear what happened sweetie, hopefully I'll have some of the ponies your missing to help you out. Don't give up hope!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
That's truly horrible to hear about your ponies dear, and I cannot imagine how upsetting that would be to have your things taken away. I hate when people steal things it's just horrid. It's bad enough they steal from stores, but then personal homes is terrible. Did you have any type of home owner insurance or anything to help replace at least the money side to buy more?

I hope others are able to help find some of your missing collection. I don't really have G3s myself, but if I see any around in their boxes I'll pick one up for you. ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »
Thank you for the encouragment everyone :grouphug: I really needed that.
When I discovered that ponies were indeed missing I was in tears and about ready to give up collecting again. But I wouldn't wanna leave the pony community and I do love my ponies so I will try to replace the missing ones one by one.

My ex was actually really sweet and went right onto Ebay and bought 4 Winter ponies I knew was missing. As for the rest I'm putting together a list, one pony at a time. Only gone through year 1 so far.
I know it's just stuff and fortunatly it's just G3's which are relatively easy to come by. It wasn't any rare ones or very hard to find ones either. So the mission to replace them won't be too hard I hope.
I still can't help but wonder what did happen to my ponies though and can only hope they ended up in a home where they are loved.

If it was teenagers which we all guessed at the time maybe they brought toys with them to younger siblings or similar and those kids got some joy out of them. One can only hope though =/

We did have insurance and we did put together a small list for the insurance company. However there was a timelimit to it and I had no chance to go through everything at the time =/ So we only got a small amount to replace stuff with, and this was 5 years ago pretty much right on the date cuz' it happend right around my birthday. So that money is long gone :/

But G3's beeing relatively cheap I should be able to buy them back within this year I hope. First I need to check which ones are missing which I'm probably gonna end up spending all night on. 01:30am here now and I'm still working on it >.<
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:33:49 PM by Desert Rose »
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »
:hug:  So sorry to hear what you're going through.  Unfortunately, some people are just stupid and do hurtful things because they don't care. 

I hope you can rebuild your collection and I know that there a lot of wonderful people on the Arena that are more than willing to help.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »
:hug:  Desert Rose, I'm not really good with words of consolation, but I know how much it hurts to lose things you love.  I'm not much of a G3 collector (yet :blush:) but it'd be my pleasure to keep my eyes peeled for anything you need when I'm ponyhunting.  (The Bratz dolls too, I see those a lot around here lately.)  Just let us know; we're all here for you. :hug:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »
Im so sorry you've had to go through this. It is royal suckage!
Ever since this past winter Im missing a box of my finest :/ there were also some doubles in there (2 baby Sapphire, mint Starlight, mint crisp white merry treats, nbbe baby Ribbon, hollywood etc etc) I can't find the box anywhere so Im starting to accept that it's gone forever :(

I feel your pain but as you said yourself, you might be able to get them back within this year, and I really think so with this helpful and loving pony community. Such a sweet gesture on your bf's side to buy the winter ones for you :)

Best of luck to you.
If you want to talk, drop me a pm any time ^^

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
d'aww that's awful hun :< lots of pony hugs

I'm glad you've been able to replace some of them, we all hope you can restore your sweet pony collection :3

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »
I'm sos sorry for this!  I happened to me too several years ago (childhood ponies were lost in a family move).

I hope you can replace the lost ones!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 08:51:47 AM »
Make a list and we'll help you!  :D   *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:41 PM »
Starting on a list now in my Wishlist Topic here at the arena: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,303723.msg318434.html#msg318434
Giving these missing girls a special section.

I haven't gone through everything yet so I will update that list over the following 3-4 days. It takes a while to go through and organize things with OCD >.< From the looks of it though it's only ponies from the first years that are missing.

If anyone has any of those ponies for sale please let me know! Allthough I can't afford to buy more ponies this month so if you could hold them for me untill about the 25th that would be even greater :heart:

I appriciate all the encouragement, support and help you guys offer :heart: It really means alot :)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 03:31:41 PM »
That just bites. I hope the ponies went to good homes.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 02:53:47 AM »
That just bites. I hope the ponies went to good homes.

So do I =/ I would hate it if someone just threw them away or did something else terrible to them :(

I managed to go through all my G3 ponies now and it turns out there were a little more than 20 missing :bawl:

This, along with how much else was taken, makes me believe they had been there on more than one occation. The basment is underneath the flats and we're rarely down there so they would have had the oppertunity. They had also taken the time to close the window neatly when they left, to avoid suspicion and so they could come back I would guess.
Makes me so mad and sad that people can do this to others.

But I'm working on replacing my lost girls now and managed to get 4 of them so far. The rest are added to my wishlist now, so if anyone has them for sale please let me know cuz I really want those girls back :(
~*Erica*~

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 06:26:27 AM »
So sorry :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal