collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible G5 artstyle?  (Read 18964 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Possible G5 artstyle?
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2021, 03:07:36 PM »
The animation looks cute but I really, really hope the toys won't look like that. I wish we could go back to ponies that actually looked like equines!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2021, 03:15:41 PM »
I know someone somewhere else brought this up but I find it hilarious how after all the discourse surrounding Applejack's very existence, discussions on why orange ponies don't sell and the brief "no earth ponies" scare we had after a fake leak detailed there wasn't an earth pony amongst the main cast, we have an orange earth pony with a pony tail at the forefront of the new generation as THE main character. Words cannot express how much I love that.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2021, 03:23:08 PM »
The animation looks cute but I really, really hope the toys won't look like that. I wish we could go back to ponies that actually looked like equines!

:iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #228 on: February 25, 2021, 03:35:20 PM »
Don't like the design of them, and the toys are even worse. Looks like I'll be sitting G5 out (don't have Netflix anyway).

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2021, 04:41:57 PM »
There's another orange pony? And he's a dude? And probably a jerky dude?! Double :like:

But seriously, that little clip makes me want to see more, so... I guess it's working as intended.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2021, 05:40:00 PM »
So I basically warmed up to everything regarding animation but their teeth bother me to no end.
How do you get the hooves so right but the teeth so wrong. You can make an expressive toony horse without giving it a Joker smile. Just make the mouth smaller to only show the front teeth and the rest is cartoon magic. Don't model them with an internal human set of teeth. It's creepy.
Spirit Riding Free on Netflix also messed this up. For some reason the horse models had human teeth despite being regular, non-smiley horses *shudders*

As for our mutual dream of an 80s-esque, dark fantasy MLP in the vein of RaMC... Looks like it won’t be this time. XD

We'll just have to make it ourselves.

You know what’s super weird? I had not actually taken any notice of the teeth so far, positive or negative. XD Maybe I was just so relieved by the presence of a lower jaw that I didn’t notice anything else, lol. Though I also watch Spirit: Riding Free, and never noticed the teeth... and that seems like it would look super-awkward. >_< Like, I’ve been around a lot of real horses, so it seems like something that would bug me... but it doesn’t even register. :shrug:

As for dark fantasy ponies... Why is it that only Transformers gets to have a bunch of ongoing alternate realities in the fiction? They should totally let us cowrite a comic series full of demonic centaurs and darkness facing off against pastel ponies. :D

My husband isn't home yet, so I don't have a reaction yet (it will probably be along the lines of 'great, so I guess I have to see that playing in my house 24/7 once it comes out'), but I did show them to my son and his first reaction was wanting to know the boy ponies' names, which I obviously couldn't tell him. Then he exploded with 'I'm SO excited!!' So maybe it will appeal to its intended child audience.

I absolutely love that! I remember when I was a kiddo, I got excited about seeing a girl character in Beast Wars Transformers, haha. It makes me glad that shows have become less gender exclusive—kids do notice!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2021, 06:36:19 PM »
Why do I feel like Disney's sniffing to buy them out?
Been a long time coming with Star Wars & the princesses.
But I hope not. (can ANYTHING escape their gross, greasy grasp?)

I'll try to hold out my negative opinions or reviews until we see more.
I hated G4 at first but ended up liking and collecting the toys.
The G5 toys look like they definitely have potential, and I'll like them if they de-humanize the faces a lot bit.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2021, 06:38:08 PM »
Why do I feel like Disney's sniffing to buy them out?
Been a long time coming with Star Wars & the princesses.
But I hope not. (can ANYTHING escape their gross, greasy grasp?)

I'll try to hold out my negative opinions or reviews until we see more.
I hated G4 at first but ended up liking and collecting the toys.
The G5 toys look like they definitely have potential, and I'll like them if they de-humanize the faces a lot bit.

I dont think they will.

Post Merge: February 25, 2021, 06:48:19 PM

https://www.breyerhorses.com/collections/new/products/stardust-lil-beauty
i’ve been eyeing breyers recently, after i boxed up my ponies. :p these are pretty cute.

Not to derail, but Breyer basically remade Sprinkles Confetti: https://www.breyerhorses.com/collections/new/products/sprinkles-sweet-shop
Ponylicious name and even has a flank symbol. Looks more MLP than these tall Fillys ;)

Those are rather cute. They remind me of the old Dapples and Ponies lines. Hopefully Breyers learned to put a tail clamp in the damn things. I've heard horror stories of people trying to brush them and their tails fell out in chunks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:53:55 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 26, 2021, 01:32:18 AM »
I remember when I was a kiddo, I got excited about seeing a girl character in Beast Wars Transformers, haha. It makes me glad that shows have become less gender exclusive—kids do notice!

Except... BA wasn't put in there for us and so , ahem, busty that Hasbro didn't want to make a toy of her and later made a toy of her with a bra :lol: Boys in girl stuff are nothing new. They are usually the love interest but at odds with the main girl at first. It's so tried and true I was shocked G4 didn't have it.

If that new boy turns out to be another Tales Teddy I know I'll pray they will write him out. Because I detest male characters that bully girls because they can't express their love/like for them. Disney has been doing it in all their past movies, it's like the only way to write a character boys will love is to make him a superhero, pathetic victim who turns into a superhero, or an annoying pest who tears down the heroine until she discovers he's a poor shmuck who just needs love. Heck, even FiM tried to do that with Discord. They allegedly wanted to make him and Fluttershy a couple by the end of the show. So I don't trust 'em just yet.

A lot of people hated Rainbow Dash's jerky ways, so if this dude ends up a jerk and ya'll love him we'll know it's because of double standards. Again, praying this boy isn't a Flynn Rider "jerk with heart of gold" stereotype and more like a Big Mac brotherly type.
So far I think Sunny will be just like G4 Twilight but the OCD will be toned down and Izzy is a deadringer for Fizzy or maybe just a mishmash of G4 Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. And the dude might be a "look at me I am so great" pain in my head.

So I need a cool girl, rebel girl or dark girl in there pronto. And preferably a dude who is softspoken and nice. Not a bunch of G4 stereotypes stamped into a new shape. I know it'll be a while until the movie drops but I like to blab. Btw, with "dark girl" I don't mean FiM's goth stereotypes, either. It seems to be super hard to make a female character for little girls that has some edge and isn't a weird goth joke or secretly a poor shmuck who just needs love (like Tempest or Luna).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2021, 06:51:14 AM »
Hopefully boy pony will be an active, confident, playful type who gets along most of the time with his sister/cousin/friend/the neighbor. And not another Teddy or Ace.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 06:52:56 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2021, 09:44:52 AM »
Hasbro just released another short gif on Facebook along with the boy’s name:  Hitch Trailblazer.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2021, 09:51:42 AM »
Hitch is kinduva dumb name. But Trailblazer works.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 26, 2021, 09:59:03 AM »
I feel like I need a nice G5 friendly place to read news. XD

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 26, 2021, 10:04:23 AM »
Its the nice thing about them having 2 names. You can just pick the other, if one's not to your taste. I have no prob with Sunny honestly. Its a nice, simple pony name that goes with her color scheme. And Starscout is cute without being overdone.

Moonbow's name reminds me of the Rainbow babies.

I wonder if he'll have a southern accent? (I now headcanon that Trailblazer is a son of Bubbles and Tex.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:19:33 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2021, 10:04:52 AM »
Hasbro just released another short gif on Facebook along with the boy’s name:  Hitch Trailblazer.

Oh interesting, so he's probably not a sibling of Sunny if they have totally different names!  Unless they don't do family surnames.  I like the name... Hitch like hitching post, not like...something that goes wrong, heh heh
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal