collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wishes on stars...or what you really wish Mattel would do/make, but won't.  (Read 5512 times)

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
I've been a fan of MH since someone - I'm still tryin' to figure out who it was - posted photos of some dolls she ordered from TRU and somehow got, six months before the rumored launch. Since they hit stores in wide release in the summer of '10, I've been ridiculous, restless, and relentless in my devotion. Several fine retail folk know me on sight, and Barbie now looks 'thick' to me after sewing for much smaller ghouls for three years. I'm constantly amazed (and sometimes chagrined) at the next new ideas Mattel brings, and I've had more problems with fellow fans than doll QC.

That said, I'm sure we all have those wishes...things we'd really like to see Mattel make or do, but we know they never will. I'd like to know what yours are. Who knows, maybe we can make it happen ourselves, or it may end up from our keyboards to Garrett Sander's ears. Stranger things have happened....  :blink:

Allow me to start ...

* I'd love to see a 'couples' stand. Ever try to pose two dolls arm-in-arm on stands ? It's like they're still on opposite walls of the gym. Standing alone together for a photo is a challenge, too. If we're gonna get couples, give 'em a single stand to share so they can cuddle or dance a bit - especially if there's ever a 'Prom' type theme.

*Moe Deadovitch (aka Slow Moe). I keep hoping...

*Silly, cheap things. I know Target's 'Dollar Spot' and Michael's Craft Stores have some, but they sell out super-fast and don't get re-stocked very often, if at all. More, please !

*Happy Meal promotion. I know Mattel's trying to keep it not-so-kiddie, which is probably why we don't have coloring books either, just  over-priced 'sticker' or 'drawing' studios, but I think even little figures, like blind-bag ponies, would go a long way towards making MH more well known. You'd be amazed how many times I have to explain what MH even is - maybe one out of five people's ever heard of it before my chatty face shows up.

*A sewing pattern, from Simplicity or McCalls. I know many fine sewists and designers have produced some great patterns, but I'd love to buy one at a 99c sale at Hancock Fabrics, instead of wondering if this one's worth $12. or not.

So. If you see the Blue Fairy, direct her here - and make sure your list is posted !

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Oh this is a good topic! I got interested in MH after seeing a friend's pics of sig Operetta on FB. It was dolly love at first sight for me. That was last February or so. I didn't get into collecting until a year later after I just couldn't resist any longer.

In Finland MH is very popular and kids really go for the dolls. during Christmas time all the dolls were sold out everywhere. The shelves were barren, even though there was Barbies a plenty.

So, what I would like to see is:

Rerelease of DotD. That is my number one wish. I love DotD so much and want them all, even Lagoona and Clawdeen, whom I don't really like in that set.

I second the idea of blind bags or Happy Meal release. That would help raising MH's popularity a long ways.

I would love more fashion packs, more general and not necessarily designed for one character. In general i would like better looking fashion packs, the new ones are kind of fugly to me.

There is so much potential in designing for the boys so why not go for it. Somebody threw the idea that it would be a chance for an unisex fashion doll line, which I think is pretty awesome! I'm not sure how keen little boys would be but on the other hand this would be an excellent chance to try. This is also not at all like Ken, who is super boring and looks middle aged. The boys are getting popular already ( I think) so why not go for it?

More boy dolls and fashion packs for them! Less shorts, more pants please!

Otherwise I'm not really interested in other MH merchandise.

But! a 30 min TV show would also go a long way to make the dolls more popular and as much as I like the webisodes I do want more.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
wow i like all your ideas OP..

in addition to those which i think are great!

I'd   actually love to see a " prom " line.. they are in HS after all and even though we have dotd and ddg  i would love to see something even fancier!!
  If not that in a throw back to old hollywood glamor would be cute.

I second more fashion  packs..

and I wish  they would push boys more, i agree with poster above so much  untapped potential there!!  honestly i think MH should be unisex fashion doll line.. all the boys who have seen my dolls like them..  AND They really like the boy dolls too. these are boys  from 6-10 yrs and  they like MY dolls LOL   ESPECIALLY the BOYS!
 the boys think deuce is soo cool LOL

so yeah mattel more monster boys pls.. and more focus on just BOY adventures in MH too..
 I'd love to see some ALL boy episodes.. without the girls or maybe cameo parts from the  girls LOL

I also agree with poster above 30min tv show PLS!!

and  I really wish i knew how to contact mattels design team.. be cause i really want modular monster high schooll.. the current school is cute.. but I'd really like to be able to buy other  parts of the school to add on to it. These  rooms could also stand alone..
 I was catacombs play set,  GYM , theater / stage,   Home Ick Room , Mad science room , bigger cafeteria ( so maybe  add the other Half?)   
I think this would increase playability,  and would be affordable , because  you would buy it in parts  that could either be used alone or with the existing school!!

As a child, i got the MOST fun out of  setting up dolls and ponies all around my room, and putting up a pretend whole city. I couldn't afford  doll house, so we had to be innovative, but   i would have loved   a play set like this that was expandable !

Also i feel like play sets aren't what they used to being the 80s.. i never had paradise estate but always wanted it.. and i see how freaking HUGE that play set was for your ponies..  plus ponies had ice cream shop beauty parlor, and other buildings that could be set up in your room like a mini village LOL

That said- I want  at least a room play set for all the girls or  a MINI house play sets, frankie needs a place for her vanity and bed!

ok in of my wishes and rant .. although i am sure there is more!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Great topic!
I've been into MH since the begining. Frankie was my first doll and I bought her sight unseen when I first discovered the display at Target. I fell in love with the line WAY before all my fellow toy collecting friends followed suit

I agree with most of what everyone has mentioned, Happy meal toys have been a high priority on my mind recently (they had no problem doing "Hotel Transylvania" after all), this needs to happen like, yesterday, evenn if its hokey stuff like journals and stampers, I'd be happy at the exposure

WHat I'D like to see, more dolls tied into the specials and vice versa. dolls of "Andi"and "Kipling",  from "Skull SHores", ANY of the normies from "Ghouls Rule".
I'd like the CAM pack characters to show up more in the webisodes and specials, and more of the background characters, like the bird girl, lil nerdy woody allenm type guy, etc etc, show up in toy form. Basically if a character appears in toy form, it should show up on screen and if a character shows up on screen it should be a toy!

and even though I'm not a huge fan of the books, I want dolls of Melody carver and her sister (The Siren is a stand in for Melody as of right now, in my MH universe)

those are my big wishes as far as toys are concerned, as far as the webisodes and specials, I'd like to see more of the PARENTS! Viktor and Viveka stein, The "Wolf's" parents, Dracula etc etc etc,

I think thats it...a lot of my wishes are lofty...so to bring things back down to earth I will make one very realistic wish:
 More boy DOLLs with EQUAL DISTRIBUTION!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:29:26 AM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
I agree 100% with helftysmurf on the parents! I'd love to see what they are like! Who is Cleo's mum? We have seen her dad, he is pretty awesome, but I would deifnetly love to see the other parents. I thnk Gil's were pretty hilarious on the "Defending your Lagoona" webisode. Even if they were just bubbles and tentacles! :biggrin:

elonni

I agree with more fashion packs, I think there are too few and they are too character specific. They should also be designed for all the dolls (although there could be some character specific ones).

Blind bags and Happy Meal gifts are great ideas. I have My Little Pony Happy Meal toys (the ones that light up when you press them) that my mother brought for my kids from Brazil and they are very cute and often played with. I sometimes buy blind Lego character bags for my son.

I would like more characters! I know the Headmistress is going to be released (can't wait), but it would be cool to see the other teachers and some of the other students, especially Gory Fangtell, Bram Devein, Invisi Billy and Clair. And Clawdeen's other siblings (excluding Clawd and Howleen).

I would also like to see more versions of Nefera, as far as I know, there is only the sig one released.

Offline thatg33kgirl

• Geek Pony
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TGG
    • View Profile
    • My website
I just started collecting (yeah I'm a newbie!) but from what I've seen thats out, here's what I'd love to see more of:

-Boys! I'm happy they have some boys already, but more would be great! When I was a kid, I actually used He-man as Barbie's counter-part because Ken was so boring. These guys are great, and I'd love to see more!

-More "cute" animal-type creatures! (But thats just me, I like cute things!)

-Special collector's edition dolls- like how barbie has the holiday dolls, maybe special MH dolls around Halloween? (forgive me if this has been done, but I haven't seen them!) Make them like SUPER awesome but a bit more expensive than normal to appeal to the adult collectors like myself.

-Just more characters in general.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*COMMISSIONS CURRENTLY CLOSED*

Shahaila

Fun thread, and may all our wishes come true!  :P  Now on to my wishes:  My three greatest wishes are (1) that they re-release the original Ghoulia in the US.  (2) That along the current super-hero line they do a Ghoulia fashioned to be Dead Fasts side-kick as there is no way we could have a Dead Fast Ghoulia without messing with the ComicCon one, but a completent to her would be awsome. (3) Last but not least I would like RM Draculara, the collection seems incomplete without her if you have watched the movie.

As for general wishes:

- A Ghouls Alive Ghoulia with her speaking Zombie.

- A Ghoulia Scary Tales doll, Moaning Beauty or some other Fairy Tail they could adapt for her.

- I concur with the more fashion packs with a mix of general and character specific ones.  I also wish they would realease shoe fashion packs with like 6 pairs of shoes of different types and colors.  I would like a Skelita character specific fashion pack that would include a marigold sundress as that is her favorite flower (and flower associated with Day of the Dead).

- I would like to see a second version of Skelita (or perhaps release of a sister of hers but in the normal size) with different color hair streak in her hair than orange, varied colored face makeup, and with her pet butterfly.  I know there is the skeleton CAM, but the face on that one is too plain there is so much that can be done with the Sugar Skull themes to make fun interesting dolls.

Flutterwonder13

-Boys, boys, boys! I LOVE Holt, but I can't go and spend $200 for him!  :cry: So a second release is beyond overdo! I'd love more boys from the webisodes, or just more releases in general.

-More daring characters: even though I understand Mattel has to keep these kid friendly, it would be cool to see something more off the wall. I don't even know what that would entail, that's your job, mattel!

-A more accurate Jackson: He's such a cutie and I don't feel the doll does him justice. He needs a thinner face and a sweeter expression!

-More access to stands: Sell 'em in packages for a buck or two each. I don't see why this hasn't been done.

-Prom night, or any line that steps away from cocktail dresses or bathing suits. While I love the variety we already have, I'd like MORE!  :biggrin:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Oooh good thread! 

Totally agree with more boy fashion packs and more pants and less shorts!!  It's kind of hard to play dress up with my boy dolls ATM and that's a huge shame. :(

I'd love to see a centaur character and a faun character.  I never thought Mattel would make a MH doll without regular feet (since their shoes are so awesome!) but I was proven wrong by the release of the siren!  I think centaur and faun CAMs would really sell!!  Also, I'd love a release of a unicorn character.  I know, not very monstery...but they already made a unicorn add-on pack, so why not??

I completely agree about releasing the parents!!!  I'd love to see all of them, especially Lagoona's nymph mom!  I bet she'd be gorgeous.

I'd also love to see a doll released that has bright red skin and horns and a tail.  Mattel will probably never do this in fear of offending people with a "devil" character, but the way I see it, Monster High ALREADY offends people who would be offended by a devil character in the first place.  I don't think they'd lose any of their customers over it.  And they could call her a "fire imp" or "fire elemental" or something.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
My MH pipe dream list:

- revamp the original character dolls, making them match the art better (Draculaura would be short, Abbey would be big, Ghoulia would get a new face sculpt and a slouch, Holt/Jackson would get a new face sculpt, etc.)
- more pants for the girls, and fewer mini skirts - can we just get some regular clothes for these ghouls? 
- jointed feet, so they could be flat-footed or wear heels (I freaking hate that they have to wear sky-high heels all the time, even when they're in pajamas)
- queer characters
- diversity in body types - namely, make some plump characters!!!
- stands that slide or bend open so they don't mess up the dolls' clothes

Also, I agree with others who mentioned more generic (but not less detailed) fashion packs, and extra shoe packs, plus a 30 minute tv show would be awesome.

JustHereForPictures

- more pants for the girls, and fewer mini skirts - can we just get some regular clothes for these ghouls? 
- jointed feet, so they could be flat-footed or wear heels (I freaking hate that they have to wear sky-high heels all the time, even when they're in pajamas)
- queer characters
- diversity in body types - namely, make some plump characters!!!

This.

This times a billion and plus my soul.

I'm in the process of making pants for my girls, because it's awkward to have to break a perfect pose because the dolls skirt is too short and you're flashing doll crotch in the photo.

I'd also like ankle joints. Deuce has them, why can't the girls.

And a little bit more flexibility out of the hip joints would be quite nice.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
Everyone has great ideas! I especially like the idea of accessory blind bags. Of course I would support better distribution and more releases of the boys. More boy CAMs would be cool. I feel like my CAM boys have more personality than the other boys. I'd love a purple sea monster CAM guy like the CAM girl.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

elonni

- A Ghouls Alive Ghoulia with her speaking Zombie.

I would totally buy her!

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
YES to flat/interchangeable feet! Would make some customs I want to do easier. And more boys for custom fodder!

And normally I would be for body diversity, but there is a snag I thought of- the clothes wouldn't be interchangeable, which would mean more cost to both consumers and manufacturer. No reason not to have plump/muscular girls in the show, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal