collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Team Sun or Team Moon?

Moon!
50 (54.9%)
Sun!
41 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Pokemon Gen 7 Sun/Moon talk--starters and what team are you on?  (Read 65940 times)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gen 7 talk--starters and what team are you on?
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2016, 07:11:41 PM »
The reverse time thing is hilarious! My husband got Sun and I got Moon, so last night I was like "Oh hey, it's day time finally." and he was like "Uh... no it's not."

I also got a Rowlet and Litten from the GTS, and my Brionne (middle stage after Popplio) is about to evolve, so I'm gonna work on evolving the other two starters as well.

Also, has anyone else (who plays Pokemon GO) thought about catching multiple of the same Pokemon because that's what you need to evolve them, only to realize that this is a main Pokemon game and not GO? Just me? :lol:

Funny story about my Popplio too. I thought of restarting for a female, but that intro is soooooo long and not worth going through multiple times, imo. So I named my male Popplio Frank N Furter. If you get the reference, I love you.
I love the name for your popplio. Whenever I manage to get one I hope you don't mind if I steal it.

I've been having a lot of fun so far. I named my Litten Fuego Noche and have already evolved him to Incineroar.

Haven't gotten to the island that has mimikyu on it yet. Probably a good thing cause as soon as I do I'll be doing nothing but trying to catch them. :P

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #346 on: November 22, 2016, 01:43:15 AM »
So my strongest Pokémon atm is my Cutiefly. XD I just love it so much omg I need a plushie of him and mimikyu soooo bad! I might make a couple out of felt. I NEED to hug a Cutiefly. Im excited to look for Pyukumuku, havnt gotten that far yet but I will be shiny hunting for one!!!! Havnt nicknamed any Pokémon yet, but im naming my togemaru Sonichu (Sonic+chu since its the "Pikachu" Pokémon of this Gen)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:46:38 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 22, 2016, 04:44:00 AM »
I lied and actually got the game and binged it, finishing yesterday!  I think that was the best gameplay balanced mainseries Pokemon game, but the plot was kind of a mess unless the postgame explains a LOT.  Still, I appreciate Gamefreak daring to be different this time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 22, 2016, 05:12:52 AM »
Got a Machop and named it Rocky. Time to name other Pokémon after Rocky Horror characters! Also feel free to steal the male Popplio name idea, you guys. ^.^

I'm on the third island right now. I'm taking my sweet time with this game because I usually rush through, but I'm just having so much fun with this one.

I forgot that only female Salandit evolve (my male Salandit is at level 35 and I was wondering when the heck it would evolve), so I went to the GTS and long and behold someone wanted a Ditto for a level 1 female Salandit. Good thing I caught so many Ditto!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 22, 2016, 10:30:07 AM »
I was on Gamefaq and someone reported that saving inside a poke center can sometimes cause your sprite to become invisible and leaves you unable to access the menu or anything else. It doesn't seem to be a very common glitch, as only a few people have encountered it, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #350 on: November 22, 2016, 10:33:37 AM »
*sigh* 24 more hours to go until I can play... release in Germany is tomorrow but I have to wait until evening to play XD awwwwww, its killing meeeee!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2016, 10:45:38 AM »
Seems the glitch has been reported on the third island in tapu village and the Battle Tree as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:58:24 AM by Leave a Whisper »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
I was on Gamefaq and someone reported that saving inside a poke center can sometimes cause your sprite to become invisible and leaves you unable to access the menu or anything else. It doesn't seem to be a very common glitch, as only a few people have encountered it, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.

Kinda like the Lumiose City saving glitch from X and Y. Hopefully they'll patch it up if it's a persistent problem.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2016, 10:51:14 AM »

Kinda like the Lumiose City saving glitch from X and Y. Hopefully they'll patch it up if it's a persistent problem.

Yeah I was thinking that it was like a reverse of Lumiose too. Xo Hopefully they'll fix it soon. I wonder if turning it off will temporarily fix it?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:59:20 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:51 PM »
I hatched over 20 Salandits last night in an attempt to get a female one. Ended up catching one in the wild shortly afterwards. xD:

Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »
Does anyone else really not like that the Pokemon you're battling have the ability to call in an ally whenever and, seemingly, an endless amount of times? It's literally my least favorite thing about the game right now. It's just super annoying.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2016, 01:16:13 PM »
Does anyone else really not like that the Pokemon you're battling have the ability to call in an ally whenever and, seemingly, an endless amount of times? It's literally my least favorite thing about the game right now. It's just super annoying.

I noticed that if you put the pokemon in a Status condition, they stop calling for help.  Which helps.

But yeah... that gets really annoying when you just wanna catch a Pokemon.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2016, 01:16:44 PM »
I haven't run into that yet (still on the first island) but what I think is annoying is the varying amount of experience your pokemon get based on their level.  I like it better when they get a set amount for defeating a level 5 pikachu regardless of level, not more or less depending on whether or not they're a higher or lower level.  It makes it harder to gauge how many times you need to battle your pokemon in order to level them up. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »

Wow, they did that? It's a very annoying rpg mechanic, but well I guess it's good for extra leveling as long as it's buddies don't wreck your team.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2016, 02:13:25 PM »

Wow, they did that? It's a very annoying rpg mechanic, but well I guess it's good for extra leveling as long as it's buddies don't wreck your team.

Annoying as it is, at least it is sort of useful depending on what you're doing aside from leveling. It's how you chain for shiny hunting now. And apparently you can get a Pokemon with 4 perfect EVs from it too? So that's sort of nice.

I guess instead of HM slaves, we need status move ones now. :lol: They can't call if they're paralyzed or sleeping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal