collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 75734 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #975 on: August 11, 2023, 10:10:52 AM »
Happy belated birthday Maddie!! :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 11, 2023, 04:31:14 PM »
BC hope the shower helps!!!
HG yaiy!!! And all the best in new job xxx
Artie I haven't been to a BBQ in ages!!! Glad you had a good time & enjoyed the food xxx
Beth hope things go well for you xxx

More knitting & crocheting. It rained so heavily it sounded like the world was shaking!!! I have one last detail to fix up on my Ponyville Ferris wheel so working on that. REALLY need to get my dishes done. It's getting a bit colder now so thoughts of blankets are in my head & I want them on my hook...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #977 on: August 12, 2023, 07:14:32 AM »
Man, my back and legs hurt today :( Having a hard time walking.

I opened and replanted my new plants :) Now I have to vacuum the dirt.

I still need to do laundry and clean up the kitchen. I got some Pink Stuff paste and floor cleaner to hopefully get the grime up off the floors. It's not even my grime, it was there when I moved in.

I'd like to make the chicken quesadillas today... the chicken is in the fridge, it won't last forever in there.

Need to clean the litterboxes too.

I have a Walmart order coming at 1pm of a stand fan and watering can. With the fan, I won't have to run the AC when I'm in the living room. I do have a ceiling fan, but even on high it's such a light breeze. It'll be nice to have a proper watering can for the plants. I've been using a pitcher and it can be a little messy.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 12, 2023, 07:41:29 AM »
I have some errands to run today!  One errand is at the craft store so that will be fun  :biggrin:  Plus I need to do some yard work type stuff.  It's a good day for that sort of thing though!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 12, 2023, 06:00:10 PM »
Thank you again everyone for the birthday wishes! It turned out to be a fun day. I dressed in rainbows, wore my crystal crown, and my friends got me some interesting school supplies. Lol

Today I worked some more to prepare for the kids on Monday and then I gave Flo a bath. I’m exhausted. My fibro is flaring from the extra stress and work and I’m just in a lot of pain.

HG: you’ll have to share the story of your fun spoils from the craft store

Bookworm: sounds like a busy day. What have you been making?

BlackCurtains: what type of plants did you end up getting?
Hope you feel better

Artemis it sounds like you had a good day and Beth sorry you’re overflowing with work. I feel that lately
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #980 on: August 13, 2023, 03:54:10 AM »
I went kajaking with my husband and brother in a river yesterday. It was fun but my arms are so sore today. I woke up in the middle of the night and had to take painkillers. I'm not used to this kind of pain in my arms.
I tried to play on the xbox but it hurt too much to hold the control. How is it even possible, I don't get it, I'm not weak in my arms usually, but apparently these muscles are, lol. So today, I'm doing no more than feeling miserable. It's raining so it fits my mood :lol:. I did water my plants indoors as I forgot about it yesterday.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 13, 2023, 07:31:09 AM »

HG: you’ll have to share the story of your fun spoils from the craft store

I'm glad your birthday was fun Maddie!!

At the craft store I got my teacher planner for the year and then some planner stickers to go with it.  All that stuff was 50% off so that was awesome!  I love new stationary and planners and now I feel more prepared for the school year.  I worked on getting it set up how I like it last night.  There's still some more I want to do, but I am waiting for some things to be more finalized with my schedule and stuff before I fill those parts in in case there's changes.

I also got some markers because all mine are dried up (I got them partially to use in the planner, but partially just in general).  And then I got some rubber stamps for a project I am working on. 

I had a coupon for the regular priced items, too, so even though I got a good amount of stuff it was a good price.  I probably went a little crazy on the stickers since I got a few different sets, but I really do use them in my planner all the time so they definitely won't go to waste.  I feel like they just make important things stand out, and I enjoy when my planners look pretty lol

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #982 on: August 13, 2023, 09:47:06 AM »
Today I'm working around the house. The big inspection is coming up but I don't know when. I hope my unit won't be picked. It was last time.

I've gotten a lot done so far, but there's still more. Like laundry... which I've been saying I'm going to do for days.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 13, 2023, 05:02:45 PM »
Maddie that birthday sounds like so much fun!!! Fibro less so xxx
BC you're not alone in being due a laundry load!!! Good that you got other stuff done though xxx
HG sounds like a great haul!!!
Beldarna ouch poor arms xxx

I got the dishes done!!! And more knitting & crochet. What I'm making: knit-wise I have a batch of new yarns so they're becoming more Pony jumpers & capes & stuff. Crochet-wise it's all WIPs: two scarves for charity, a dishtowel, & now a blanket in a stitch called Larksfoot, which is so lovely but because it's a blanket it's taking a good while to do. When I finish a scarf I can move to the next one & build a good collection of them
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #984 on: August 13, 2023, 05:45:44 PM »
happy belated birthday Maddie. It sounds like you had a fun day :)

Yesterday i drove my parents back home to see family.  it was good to see everyone. turns out people are really nice when they haven't seen you in a really long time. some of my family said they were worried about my mom. she doesn't eat as much so she's lost weight. she was never overweight. now she's a lot smaller.  she also had some problems with her teeth and is still getting used to the dental work so her voice isn't always strong. but she's been doing better lately. i was worried she would cry but she did ok. i think she was happy to see her family. i'm glad everyone seems to be doing well. my uncle has Alzheimer's and had covid earlier this year. but he was doing well.

today i put up one of the shelves i was going to put up last weekend. i had to get some other drywall screws because the ones that came with the shelves were too small. tomorrow it's back to work. hopefully it will be calm. i think i have a lot of calls scheduled though :huh:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #985 on: August 14, 2023, 11:31:45 AM »
I'm dying of ant spray :drunk: They had found the garbage?! In the kitchen! And had a big line going from the laundry door into the garbage can! First time for that one. I guess they branched out because I started feeding Aster in the living room and they didn't have her food to steal. I went into the laundry closet and sprayed, then I sprayed the outside door, the closets all the way around the inside and outside, the baseboards I could reach in the bedroom, the bathroom baseboards (WHY are they in there???). I had to open some windows to flush out the spray, so I'm sitting here sweating. Also it gave me a headache.

I was so tired this morning I couldn't keep my eyes open. I went back to bed. Then I woke up again, tried getting up, but it was the same. So I went back to sleep again. I woke up at 1:30pm and went to refill my water; that's when I saw the ants. After all that spraying I'm awake now.

Still need to do laundry...

I've got a tiny bit of dishes to do and I should really clean off the stovetop. Aster vomited in the other half of the living room in an obscure place. I picked up what I could, but just sprayed the rest with Nature's Miracle and put paper towels over it until I can get the vacuum in there. Also, the vacuum needs to be dumped. I think there is still Mousie hair in it.

@Maddie - Sorry I didn't answer you! My new plants are two snake plants, the green and yellow kind, and a ponytail palm! You can see them in The Plant Thread :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 11:33:20 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 15, 2023, 10:46:03 AM »
BC, your poor house, & your poor cat, & poor you!!! Hope you manage to stop the ants!!! And get some quality sleep!!!
Beth, the family time sounds great!!! And yep, there's a reason I keep every screw which enters my home, in case I need it for things like that!!!

Finished the final adjustment to the Ferris wheel, went to coffee, more knitting & crochet, quick messages from the Co-op, got some blanks in a pose I've been after for AGES!!! WOOHOO!!! Know what I need to get next Customwise...
At coffee I had a very personal chat with somebody I see there sometimes. I talked of things I don't get to share with everybody, she talked of things she doesn't get to share with everybody. Bakana (the sharky) was snuggled & fussed a LOT, & we both benefitted xxx

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #987 on: August 15, 2023, 11:05:48 AM »
They were back! In the SAME PLACE I sprayed yesterday. I swear, these tiny ants are indestructible. I thought I didn't have any Raid spray left, but I did, so I used that this time. The other stuff was Hot Shot which is good for wasps. I hope the Raid makes a difference.

Guess what?! I'm finally getting the laundry done :cheer:

I opened the windows again to get the spray out and fresh air in. It's warm, but not too bad. I think the humidity is down today.

My plans are to keep cleaning up the house. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so we'll see how long I last.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #988 on: August 15, 2023, 04:22:46 PM »
@BC these worked well for me. they got rid of ants in 2 houses. https://www.amazon.com/TERRO-T334-Multi-Surface-Liquid-Baits/dp/B074T33JZW/ i'm not sure about the tiny ants. the ones in my house were larger. last i saw of them was a long line of ants going to the bait. i haven't seen them since. you can put them inside a cabinet too. so Aster won't mess with them.

today i had a ton of calls. but it wasn't as stressful as yesterday. my manager put a meeting on everyone's calendar for thursday. i'm not sure what it's about and that always freaks me out. i wonder if managers realize that freaks everyone out.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #989 on: August 15, 2023, 05:53:10 PM »
Thanks Beth! I never used those before but at my parents house we used the liquid bait from Terro. It worked well, but those were crazy ants. I'll give that a try though.

edit: Man, I didn't sleep at all last night. I wasn't tired and my pain meds made me feel pretty good. I didn't get tired until the sun started to rise. I slept for an hour but then had to get back up because I had a Walmart order coming. Now I have to stay up because my new box spring is being delivered between 11 and 2 and I have to sign for it and let them inside to put it in the bedroom. I also have an Amazon and Chewy order arriving today.

I wanted to do the rest of the laundry, wash my blanket, change my sheets and take a shower. I don't know if I can do all that. I can hardly keep my eyes open...

Aster just sneezed on my leg :pout:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 07:11:49 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal