collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65853 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #450 on: November 17, 2022, 08:44:55 AM »
Got more knitting done & working through it nicely yaiy!!! Just three more things in the first colour then I'm onto the second. Also got some laundry on, because I totally changed what I was wearing over. Added a couple of towels & my mask, & there's no room for anything else so underwear needs done later. Two packages arrived today, including the rescedule yaiy!!! So got some bits to sort out from that.

BC, glad the headache has gone!!! And yep, it is getting colder!!! Also glad you made the Post Office!!!
HOM well done on the garden chores!!!
Beth good on you for coaxing your people through impostor syndrome xxx
Artie I bet Surprise Twins Missile Launcher has nothing on you xxx And glad you're networking people well xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 19, 2022, 05:01:45 AM »
Had a haircut, it's always nice when I get my scalp shaved and the pores are like 'ooooo air oooooo'  :lol: I'm going for my 'flu vaccination later, my letter didn't mention a COVID-19 booster but everyone I've spoken too seems to have gotten their booster at the same time? I'll find out when I go along I suppose

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #452 on: November 19, 2022, 05:45:01 AM »
Ooh, you shave your head? Me too! It does feel so refreshing. I should do mine again, it's getting too long on top, although I wouldn't mind a mohawk. I don't think I could shave my sides the correct way though :lol:

I'm finally feeling better and my eyelids have stopped being swollen. Don't know what was up with that. Maybe allergies since I opened the windows? Dunno.

I WILL work on my art today. I'm motivated in my head but can't get started. I'm going to just do it. I'll find a groove.

My niece leaves for Wisconsin today. I'm going to ask my dad to put some money on my account so I can take a cab or Uber to see him and my mom while my niece is gone. The neighbor has a key and will check in on my dad too, so that's good.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #453 on: November 19, 2022, 07:55:55 AM »
@BC i'm glad you're feeling better :)

my parents want to get lunch today. i had a rough week and i'm exhausted but i said ok. so now i need to finish cleaning the house. when work is crazy the cleaning kind isn't as high of a priority. i need to get ready for thanksgiving anyway. we need to get our turkey and get other groceries in a couple of days.

it's cold and dreary so i'd like to make some stew and maybe some lintel soup.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 19, 2022, 08:27:49 AM »
BC oh no!!! You had a swelling!!! Glad it's gone at least, & I do hope you get enough to visit your parents while your niece is away xxx
Beth I don't know what lintel is but I know lentil soup is delicious!!! And I hope the cleaning doesn't take long!!!

Thumb a bit sore again as a hangnail came through & needed sorted, so back on simple projects, but with the second colour. Aside that got the underwear in the laundry yaiy!!! Also started going through my stock of custom clothing. There's an eBay seller in the UK called Rosiewill who makes these adorable skirts for several sizes of Ponies, & I often get batches of them. I also have some Pink Kittywinks dresses. I've been slowly going through my G2s & assigning skirts & dresses to each (G2 Nightstar is in the stars dress). I still have more to do of them, before I get to the G3 adults.
I also found out I have a fair bit in the bank, so shopped on Gaspode's site. They had (note HAD) a Greek Butterscotch, so I got her!!! I have a couple of tokens to add to my electricity meter, so will have to wait a wee bit before getting so I have enough room to put the lot in.
Oh yeah, I need to bake again...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 19, 2022, 08:58:57 AM »
ha ha i meant lentil but i mixed up my spelling  :P

Congrats on getting Greek Butterscotch :)

it was cold and rainy so my parents decided to try again Monday. It's unseasonably cold right now. usually it doesn't get this cold until January. so i was relieved to be able to stay at home and put up the Christmas tree.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 02:42:15 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 20, 2022, 11:18:37 AM »
Ooh, you shave your head? Me too! It does feel so refreshing. I should do mine again, it's getting too long on top, although I wouldn't mind a mohawk. I don't think I could shave my sides the correct way though :lol:

I have a mohawk! It's a short one that mostly stands up on his own, my hair is super-fine so I don't use styling products. I got into the habit just to go 'lol mohawk' but it actually is much healthier for my scalp; I have folliculitis, so exposure to the air and UV light makes the scalp a lot happier. When it gets too long, I break out BAD and start pulling at my hair (not trichtillomania style, more GET THIS OFF ME!! style). Had this style since ... 2014? I'm lucky I have a local hairdresser that doesn't charge much to keep it trimmed and I go to her once every 4 weeks to keep it short.

I did shave myself totally bald during lockdown after unintentionally taking a chunk out of my mohawk when trimming. I didn't like the complete bald look, despite a hotspot for folliculitis being on my crown area, because I would get a fright everytime I looked in the mirror when I didn't see my dark stripe in the middle of my head immediately  :lol:

Luckily my jobs all agree with my haircut, and my latest job I outright said I need this cut for my scalp's health. It's broken out recently because I'm not out in the sunlight due to work and the short winter days, it cleared up beautifully and was happy in Spain (the rest of me boiling to death wasn't lol). I was worried my cut would cause customers to look at me askance, but the amount of male customers who love my hair sand wish they could rock the style (especially older men) is brilliant! I did think little old ladies would avoid me, but apparently I just have this face that says I work in customer service and they approach me anyway.

(EDIT: My folliculitis isn't caused by ingrown hairs from shaving my head; I had the condition back when I had lengthy hair as well. My hairdressers and I notice a great improvement in the condition over the summer and worsening in winter)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2022, 01:54:38 PM »
Frostbite I've never heard of folliculitis before!!! But glad everybody accepts your hairstyle solution xxx
Beth it's not that cold here yet but I live in NE Scotland where 20 C outside is considered ice cream weather!!! Hope your tree wasn't too much of a hassle xxx

Didn't bake but will later I hope. Did knit & have some more to do. I also need to vacuum & sort the laundry. Waiting for a new order before I continue dressing G2s...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #458 on: November 21, 2022, 05:57:06 AM »
I have a mohawk! It's a short one that mostly stands up on his own, my hair is super-fine so I don't use styling products.

That's so cool! Do you dye it? If I had one I'd have to bleach and dye it bright orange or something :lol:

And hey, I also have folliculitis! I've got it on my chest. I thought it was acne for the longest time.

I have in fact NOT worked on my art. I was blaming the cold, because it effects my arthritis in my hand and my carpal tunnel on top of it. It's warmer today though, so. I have no excuse.

For dinner I'm going to make a Reuben casserole. I made it once before and it was sooooo good. This time I've tweaked the recipe a bit and I had to get canned corned beef because the deli slices are almost $12 a pound. Yikes!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 21, 2022, 07:03:37 AM »
@PBW usually it's around 15C-20C during the day in the late fall. below 18C or so is sweater weather and my ideal temp. even better if it's still sunny.

the last week or so it's been about 6C or colder and rainy. it was actually snowing about 50 miles away on Saturday. which is pretty unusual for this time of year. usually it gets cold for a day or 2 and then warms back up. but this cold is sticking around. it should warm up a little soon though. but no sun for a while :(

i'm taking the week off for the Thanksgiving holiday but i may need to do some work.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2022, 12:00:12 PM »
Just a quick check-in, the cardiologist said my symptoms were at the extreme end of what you'd expect during pregnancy but nothing to worry about. The extra heart beats are common but not dangerous and the heart working extra hard is due to my blood volume doubling for the baby. The breathlessness is common too, I need to keep trying to exercise but not get too uncomfortable. I'm very glad it's nothing more serious and willing to just be patient. I've only got two weeks left of work.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2022, 02:03:22 PM »
@Artie i'm glad you're doing ok. it sounds like it's getting close!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 22, 2022, 04:42:13 AM »
Artie that happens!!! The baby does put your body through more work, but as long as the docs & midwives say you're managing & you don't feel too unhealthy, things will work out xxx
Beth yep that is quite cold!!! I also read your moan about work & hope things get done & people are kind or at least direct xxx
BC yep the cold will affect your injuries & afflictions, so don't worry too much. You got the important stuff done, so you take your time xxx

A recipe site I used a lot got suspended so I couldn't access it!!! Fortunately I found a replacement recipe so I still got the baking done!!! Also did the vacuuming & finished the simple knitting off. Now back to the more complex knitting again (with all the casting on & off.
My pinkie is peeling like mad at the tip, to the point it's now tender. I wish my fingers wouldn't peel so much, but there's nothing I can do about it... Fortunately it doesn't have a huge impact on my life but hey ho...
Still to sort the laundry but the machine door is open so it can breathe.
Went to Coffee & the shop for stuff & forgot the butter!!! Will have to get that later. Maybe I'll take some glass down when I do

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #463 on: November 22, 2022, 10:18:16 AM »
Cheers both. I'm managing unless I have to do a lot of things or a full day at work...I tried to get up twice this morning but ended up going back to sleep for another hour each time. I just couldn't bring myself around. I still keep going in because I know that when I can do stuff it's helful for people. I'm helping someone to learn how to do a risk assessment on Thursday. I get frustrated by people's lack of IT skills at work, but I have to hide it completely.

@PBW I'm glad your knitting projects are coming along and I hope your cooking website is back up soon. How curious about your fingers. I hope it's not cleaning with bleach or something that's causing it?

@Beth Yep it's been 34 weeks exactly. Glad you're getting some time off and putting up your tree etc. Sounds nice. Our tree a bit late this year but I think the baby and Christmas will be roughly co-inciding, so I think we only need one deadline...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 22, 2022, 11:38:18 AM »
I have a mohawk! It's a short one that mostly stands up on his own, my hair is super-fine so I don't use styling products.

That's so cool! Do you dye it? If I had one I'd have to bleach and dye it bright orange or something :lol:

And hey, I also have folliculitis! I've got it on my chest. I thought it was acne for the longest time.

No, I don't dye my hair and haven't for years now; I used to dye it a lot but the dye always immediately bled straight back out (except black?? my hair REALLY liked black dye???) because the hair is just so fine it has nothing to hang onto. It's much healthier for my scalp to not dye it, I probably tortured my head with dyes and perms when I was younger and horrible people hurting me when trying to brush my hair. My scalp has thoroughly had enough after all that torture!

I thought it was psoriasis when I first started taking my itchy, zit-prone scalp seriously, but the more I looked into it it just seemed like the symptoms didn't quite match. Folliculitis is FAR closer, and it goes through cycles of bad and good, and it clears up a LOT in the summer if I expose it to lots of UV light.

I didn't get to my flu jab, I was so exhausted @_@ My tummy troubles are back and lots of people are off from work so we're suuuuuuuper stressed. This Saturday is a working one too, NOOOOOOOOO

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal