collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65771 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #420 on: November 08, 2022, 05:04:04 AM »
I forgot to take my morning medicine yesterday. I didn't realize it until it was time to take my night meds. So that's why I was so tired yesterday... I wanted to get up at around 4am to see the lunar eclipse but I slept through the alarm, or I shut it off and don't remember. I was going to get my telescope out. Oh well.

I had a hard time sleeping. I was very uncomfortable. Each time I woke up, Aster wanted to come lie down next to me and suckle her foot, which made me feel better. At the same time though, she usually came to me before I'd switched positions, so I was uncomfortable for longer than I could have been :P

Today I'd like to do some things but I need my niece's help. I'll text her in a bit to see what she has planned for today.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2022, 05:05:46 AM »
it's election day in the US so we'll see how it goes. we voted last week. if you're in the US and eligible to vote. go vote if you haven't already. do not vote twice that is illegal :)

otherwise just work and a potentially stressful meeting that i really don't want to deal with.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 08, 2022, 05:25:40 AM »
I DID THE VACUUMING!!! And cleaned out the hoses (there was a wodge of hair stuck in one I pulled out). That will make future vacuuming much easier!!!
I also FINISHED SORTING OUT THE CLOTHES!!! I now have two full bags of nope to go out when they can, while all the yep but underwear is in drawers I can get at. Still got to go in the drawers I can't get at but will do that soon enough. I have so much fewer piles of stuff everywhere now it's awesome!!!
I've been doing more knitting too!!! That progresses nicely & the pile to go is building well.

Here's hoping the US elections get somebody with actual sense & care for other humans in rather than all the horror stories making Margaret Atwood feel less like a fiction author & more like a fortune teller...
BC it's so easy to forget things, but we have to keep reminding ourselves. I was late for coffee this morning!!!
Hope the meeting does what it has to without being more stressful than it needs Beth xxx
HOM of course you're tired (in both the punny way & the actual way) xxx
Bladed ooh!!! I hope to hear more good news on that front xxx
Artie yummy!!! Fresh-grown veggies!!! I hate not having a garden or anything to grow stuff...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2022, 10:46:21 AM »

Artie yummy!!! Fresh-grown veggies!!! I hate not having a garden or anything to grow stuff...

I wish you had a garden too if you're into it. I know it's the cold time of year now, but I joined a community garden for a while https://www.brockwellgreenhouses.org.uk/. I don't suppose there is anything like that near you?

I'm tired but not as tired as HoM. Tire day sounds like quite a ritual! Speaking of cars I still haven't heard anything about my car. I kinda don't want to know if the news is bad!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #424 on: November 09, 2022, 04:58:20 AM »
Good for you, PBW! That's a lot of progress :D

My niece can help me out tomorrow she said. We need to get my garbage out of here and I have to go to the post office and get all this stuff mailed out finally. Those of you waiting for a tail, I'm sorry it's taking so long :(

Today I need to get my mail and drop off the rent check. There's a package in the locker I need. I don't really understand why most of the time Amazon drops packages off at my door but occasionally it will be put in the locker at the mailboxes.

I mentioned this a few days ago but I want to change my sheets. I did laundry yesterday so I want to shower again and put on fresh clothes and sleep in a fresh bed. That's one of the best feelings :)

Aster had an adventure yesterday while I was doing the laundry. It was the first time since I've gotten her that I've used the machines. They are in a closet and the doors are kept shut. So the open doors were a concern for her. She snuck around and sniffed everything. Then when the washing machine got going she was afraid to walk past it. I was very encouraging and kept telling her she would be fine and she slowly made it past. I gave her some treats for her effort. Then it was the same with the dryer, which is louder. But she eventually made it past that too. THEN in the bedroom when the laundry was done, she got spooked by the empty laundry basket. She was inspecting it this morning too.

She's so scared of everything, I really wonder what happened in her past.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2022, 08:51:48 AM »
@BC did they know anything about where she was before she came to the shelter? it sounds like she's not used to the usual sights and sounds of living inside. though i've had a robot vacuum for 5 years and my over 100 lbs dog still thinks it's going to eat her... she was definitely traumatized as a puppy and still has setbacks. sometimes they just need a lot of encouragement. it's good that Aster inspecting though. it sounds like she knows she's safe with you.

election results in Texas weren't what i was hoping for but some results elsewhere give me hope. i'm learning to find the positive wherever i can.

mostly just work today. hoping to finally close out my never ending side project. the call with the client was pretty tense yesterday but i didn't let him push me into doing additional work for free. so overall i'm proud of myself.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2022, 10:54:22 AM »
Aww Beth well done for standing your ground!!!
Artie here's hoping it's not bad news with your car!!! What I hear of the bus services is in complaints...
You're doing so well with Aster BC xxx And she's so brave xxx I do hope you get your stuff done!!!

Went to coffee yesterday & somebody took a photo, forgetting to tell me my mask was upside-down!!!

After that I got what I needed to get & did some simple knitting. A few packages arrived & Scarlet O'Hara's paying her visit. I bashed my head on the tissue holder & it broke!!! I have a spare wooden one but I was really fond of the one I broke... Oh well, more vacuuming...
I still have some more knitting to do before I can add the last bits (which have to be sewn on with thread), so hope to get a good bit of that done today...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2022, 11:24:12 AM »
@BC did they know anything about where she was before she came to the shelter? it sounds like she's not used to the usual sights and sounds of living inside. though i've had a robot vacuum for 5 years and my over 100 lbs dog still thinks it's going to eat her... she was definitely traumatized as a puppy and still has setbacks. sometimes they just need a lot of encouragement. it's good that Aster inspecting though. it sounds like she knows she's safe with you.

Not about her original owner, no. The person that surrendered her to the shelter only had her for a little while. They said she scratched at the dog and kids and was hiding most of the time. They didn't say where they got her from. She's 8 and front declawed and was spayed when she came to the shelter, so someone had to do those things. A lot of older cats are given up because the owner dies, I think maybe that's what happened. And it sounds like she was further traumatized by her short stay with the people who gave her up. Her bio on the shelter's site said she was depressed and needed a quiet place where she could learn to trust humans again.

More of her from today... I changed the sheets on the bed and she was scared when I fluffed them. My cats always liked to play with the sheets. So she is basically afraid of everything. I noticed that she likes a regular routine. So I try and do everything at the same time everyday. She can get over her fears though, like when I first got her she was terrified of my desk chair when it moved, but now she can lay beside me on the floor or hassock and is fine. She was also afraid of the blanket on the bed and wouldn't walk on it, but she's starting to get over that too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2022, 06:46:24 PM »

Not about her original owner, no. The person that surrendered her to the shelter only had her for a little while. They said she scratched at the dog and kids and was hiding most of the time. They didn't say where they got her from. She's 8 and front declawed and was spayed when she came to the shelter, so someone had to do those things. A lot of older cats are given up because the owner dies, I think maybe that's what happened. And it sounds like she was further traumatized by her short stay with the people who gave her up. Her bio on the shelter's site said she was depressed and needed a quiet place where she could learn to trust humans again.

More of her from today... I changed the sheets on the bed and she was scared when I fluffed them. My cats always liked to play with the sheets. So she is basically afraid of everything. I noticed that she likes a regular routine. So I try and do everything at the same time everyday. She can get over her fears though, like when I first got her she was terrified of my desk chair when it moved, but now she can lay beside me on the floor or hassock and is fine. She was also afraid of the blanket on the bed and wouldn't walk on it, but she's starting to get over that too.

it sounds like she found the right home. kids and dog were probably a bit too much.

it always makes me a little sad to wonder if they had someone who loved them and were separated because of some tragedy. when we adopted our chihuahua mix, Chloe she was 2. we could see she had always been loved. she was never afraid and loves everyone immediately. she also seemed a bit sad. she loves kids so i think she may have lived around kids. the shelter we got her from only took in strays so we have no way of knowing. she must have been lost somehow.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2022, 05:02:27 AM »
I accidentally discovered last night that she knows what hand play is. I scratched my fingers on the sheet to get her to come to me after patting and calling to her, and she immediately got down in a stalk position. I don't like to encourage hand play so I don't get used to it, since I won't declaw anymore and expect to have clawed cats in the future. It also causes biting.

She doesn't wake me up like Mouse did, by licking my face or biting my nose, instead she finds my hand and headbutts it. So sweet :heart: Then I take my meds, open the blinds in the bedroom, feed her and get on my PC. After she eats she gets the zoomies :lol: She enjoys dried catnip too and has a spot where she can roll around in it. Then she sits by me for a while before going back in the bedroom to look out the window or sleep. Play time is after she gets up. Mostly it's me flicking paper towel balls at her and her chasing them. She still gets spooked if I throw a toy though. She's beside me right now in a loaf :)

For today, I'm waiting for my niece to wake up and then we can do my garbage and go to the PO. It's windy and raining from the tropical storm but it's not too bad, just a light drizzle.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2022, 11:25:13 AM »
Ha ha. That's a really wierd picture of you PBW! But nice to see your shark-related attire and that you're enjoying yourself. Sorry you bumped your head, that must have been really annoying. :hugs:

@BC yes I love that 'everything fresh' feeling as well, and I think I probably always at least take a shower before bed if i've changed the sheets. Really nice to hear all about your new cat.

Glad everyone seems OK ish.

I'm looking forward to December when I've got some holiday booked before maternity leave starts. I'm considering options for delivering our baby and thinking about all that kind of stuff. Work isn't too bad at the moment, partly because I'm just winding down towards leave I think. Still haven't heard anything about the car, had to put some diesel in it today. Filled a gap in a skirting board.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2022, 03:12:46 PM »
Ponybookworm, a funny and cute picture that made me smile. Thanks! :heart:

BC, it's wonderful to read about Aster and you's life together! :heart: It would be wonderful if my own cats woke me up with headbutts! But especially that pile of black fur (Ozzy) wakes me up by caterwauling and doing mischief! :pout: :lol:

Thursday was a sleepy day. I slept for a long time, but it didn't help because I'm still really tired. Now it's night again, but I wouldn't want to go to sleep, because I would have a lot of all kinds of things to do.

My brother's children are coming to us tomorrow and will stay the night, while their father and his spouse are celebrating his company's "pre-Christmas party" in town.  :)
Is it pre-Christmas party in English or just little Christmas? It's a traditional Finnish party that starts to be celebrated from November to December on weekends, before Christmas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikkujoulu
In my childhood home, we always celebrated it on the first Sunday of Advent. We had a small plastic Christmas tree with a string of colored lights and decorations. During the night, small gifts had appeared under the tree for me and my brother, which we then opened on Sunday morning. It's always fun to remember that tradition. :heart:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:16:51 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2022, 03:50:55 AM »
Glad you all like the picture!!! BC It's great hearing of Aster's progress xxx
HOM I just had a big sleep too (interrupted by a necessary bathroom visit but still)!!! Here's hoping things with your niblings go well xxx
Artie glad you're doing ok too xxx

Last bit of prezzie knitting done!!! Otherwise quiet. Binge-watched latest season of The Crown. I see they're saving the death for the following season. Imelda seems to do well in the leading role, though I still get a bit thrown by whoever plays "Phil the Greek" as Dad called him also being different.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2022, 05:39:40 AM »
Well, I didn't get to the PO. My niece said she was sleep deprived and didn't wake up until 3pm. The PO closes at 4, so there wasn't enough time for her to properly wake up, come all the way here and to the PO. It's closed today for Veteran's Day and tomorrow it's only open 10-1pm and I doubt my niece will be awake. Monday I have an afternoon appointment. So it looks like Tuesday *sigh*

I don't feel well still. I felt a little better yesterday but last night I had such a hard time sleeping. I kept waking up gasping for air, I'd be too hot, then too cold. It sucked :mad: I'm going to call my pulmonologist when they open and make an appointment. I really need a CPAP so I can sleep.

Don't think I'll be doing much today. I think my box from Blick Arts came yesterday, it's got a bunch of clay in it. Maybe I'll make something.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2022, 06:22:07 AM »
"Phil the Greek" as Dad called him

:lol: Oh dear, it really does feel like the end of an era.

I had a scan appointment this morning. Everything fine except the baby has turned him/her self upside down. Hopefully theywill reverse that manouvre. I'm getting another consultant appointment in two week's time and a heart scan. There are concerns relating to my heart because of this breathlessness I'm having in pregnancy. As far as I know I haven't had COVID and my iron levels etc. are all fine. BC, I am sorry you had a night like that and I hope you get to see the doctor soon. Sorry you're not feeling great. Did you have COVID? I couldn't remember.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal