collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I was sent the wrong pony! Update**  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
I was sent the wrong pony! Update**
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:37:30 AM »
  I was recently sent the wrong pony after winning an Ebay auction from Vingiomax929703.  I don't suppose anyone knows/knows of them?  I won an Italian Sunbeam (not expensive but pretty!) and they sent a Hong Kong Moondancer.  I'm so disappointed  :cry: 

Do you think there's any way I can get the right pony back?  I stated that I received the wrong item and Ebay opened a case, but I don't want a refund- I want the right pony.

Well, I contacted the seller again.  He said that the other person was returning Sunbeam and that if I returned Moondancer he would send her to me.  I told him that that was great, but that I didn't feel it was fair for me to have to pay the return shipping.  I never got a response from him (this was around the 19th or 20th).  After not receiving a response again today, I contacted Ebay.

Basically, Ebay is paying my return shipping through their customer response center as part of their Buyer Protection Program.  The agent said that they couldn't make him pay, but that Ebay would give me a pre-paid label to return the item.  I still have to print it and take it to UPS, but at least I don't have to foot the bill!

I'm still upset that this seller wouldn't spend 2.25 to make their sale right, and certainly won't be buying again.  I'm also bummed I didn't get my Sunbeam, although at least Ebay had my back  :|

Questions for those more familiar with Ebay:  Do I go ahead and leave bad feedback? I sure want to but never have before.  Also, will this hurt them as a seller?  I feel like Ebay should try to get the money from them, or something...my sense of fairness is bothered.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:56:15 PM by Radha »

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Re: I was sent the wrong pony!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »
Have you messaged the seller to inform them of the mix up? It may be an honest mistake. Explain to them that you still want the correct pony.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »
 I did- it looks like a genuine mix up- they were selling Moondancer at the same time.  My envelope even says Sunbeam.  Hopefully the person who got Sunbeam is also willing to return her. 

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
Hope you'll get your pony at the end! >_<
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm sure it'll turn out all right in the end...most people are very honest and they do truly want the pony they paid for, so I'm sure the other person will be in touch with the seller or vice versa :)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
this happened to me to this week
the seller understood and so far is a pleasure to work with
I got a Bowtie that I didn't order so they asked me to mail it to the right winner and the other person is suppose to mail my sparkler
I sure hope I get it
I gave the seller tracking and asked for some so we shall see
Here is to hoping we both get items corrected
It does seem to be human error
They are giving me free shipping, reimbursing my shipping I paid today too and I am also getting a free outfit of ponywear
My seller seems genuinely sorry and appreciates I wasn't upset
I hope yours is too

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm sure it'll turn out all right in the end...most people are very honest and they do truly want the pony they paid for, so I'm sure the other person will be in touch with the seller or vice versa :)
I agree with Seashell. I am sure the other buyer was equally surprised when they opened their package.  I know most sellers will jump through hoops to make sure to get the correct pony to you. So hopefully your seller is one of them.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »
Its happened to me before in the past too - my pony was sent to someone else (who also turned out to be an Arena member) . I contacted the seller and everything got sorted out fine in the end and we got our correct ponies. Hopefully it will work out the same for you as well since it sounds like an honest mistake . Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
  He's offered me a refund if I pay return shipping  :shocked:  I politely responded that I still would hope to get the correct pony, and perhaps he's heard from the other buyer and they feel the same?

I've also stated that, since it wasn't my mistake, I don't feel it's fair for me to have to pay to return the item.  I would be fine with him refunding me for the purchase plus all the shipping costs and mailing him back the pony.

I tried to be super nice and polite about it- does he really want an unhappy customer for a 2.50 shipping fee?  Let's hope not   :huh:

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »
If/when you ship the pony back, please make sure you purchase delivery confirmation or a signature require. 

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
Ummm...no  :nope: He sent the wrong item and it is his responsibility to make it right. If you were returning this for any other reason, I would say that Ebay policy would prevail on paying the return shipping. But this was his mistake and he needs to pay for the return shipping and also find out where your pony is and get it to you safely.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 04:55:02 AM »
Ummm...no  :nope: He sent the wrong item and it is his responsibility to make it right. If you were returning this for any other reason, I would say that Ebay policy would prevail on paying the return shipping. But this was his mistake and he needs to pay for the return shipping and also find out where your pony is and get it to you safely.

This ^^  :nod:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »
Yeah, you definitely should not have to pay the return shipping, that is ridiculous! This was 100% the seller's fault and not yours. I hope they respond to you soon and realize this! Also, hoping the other buyer contacts them so you guys can maybe get the ponies switched and back to their rightful owners.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
That is ridiculous he'd expect you to pay return shipping. I really do hope you get your pony. Good luck!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »
This is one of the few instances where ebay will not make you pay the return shipping. If you aren't able to get the right pony in exchange and have no choice but to retirn it, make sure you cal ebay. This is covered by their policies

"When an item is returned to the seller
The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.
The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing.
If the cost of return shipping isn't covered by the seller according to their return policy, we may decide to pay for return shipping costs in some cases. "

This is one of the cases where ebay would almost certainly cover the return shipping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal