collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canadian MH Sightings Thread!  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian MH Sightings Thread!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »
Yay, I didn't even know this thread existed!

I've only seen the new CAMs at Superstore, too.   The wave 5 basic fashion packs are at my local Superstore, also, but I have yet to see the deluxe ones anywhere.

Where in Canada have the Scaris 2-packs been seen?  I'm also curious about the price.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »
Yay, I didn't even know this thread existed!

I've only seen the new CAMs at Superstore, too.   The wave 5 basic fashion packs are at my local Superstore, also, but I have yet to see the deluxe ones anywhere.

Where in Canada have the Scaris 2-packs been seen?  I'm also curious about the price.

They were seen in Alberta and are supposed $40 :)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »
Has there been any talk yet of the kind of MH stock in the Canadian Targets? Quite a few have popped up in Ontario in the last few weeks.

Refuse to Dance

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 04:49:22 PM »
Has there been any talk yet of the kind of MH stock in the Canadian Targets? Quite a few have popped up in Ontario in the last few weeks.

There's a fair amount at the Newmarket Target. Half a shelf section. The rest is Novi Stars and La-Dee-Da

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:46 PM »
Oooh :D What kind of stuff? Did they have Power Ghouls or the Skull Shores 5-pack, etc?? I'm REALLY hoping we'll get the Target exclusives  :lookround:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 04:28:42 AM »
Oooh :D What kind of stuff? Did they have Power Ghouls or the Skull Shores 5-pack, etc?? I'm REALLY hoping we'll get the Target exclusives  :lookround:

I know the Skull Shores 5-pack is there... for $80!!!!!! The Scary Tales line has also been spotted for around $33.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 06:12:28 AM »

I know the Skull Shores 5-pack is there... for $80!!!!!! The Scary Tales line has also been spotted for around $33.

*Cries* Why do they have to mark things up so much? That's making Target prices comparable to TRU! Not cool.  >_<

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »

Holy carp, I need to go to TRU today!  Do you know where in Alberta they've been spotted, out of curiosity?

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »

*Cries* Why do they have to mark things up so much? That's making Target prices comparable to TRU! Not cool.  >_<

Gack! Well, on the positive side, at least we ARE getting the exclusives, hooray! Less bothering of American friends! $33 for Scary Tales etc isn't terrible... Buuut $80 for a 5-pack? :shocked: I'm gonna have to try to get DC Rochelle from the US D:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:39:04 PM by Zombelina »

Refuse to Dance

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »

Skull Shores 5 pack yes, the fashion packs, SO Lagoona, Scaris basics some Scaris deluxe, no Jinafire though... old CaMs...

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »

Gack! Well, on the positive side, at least we ARE getting the exclusives, hooray! Less bothering of American friends! $33 for Scary Tales etc isn't terrible... Buuut $80 for a 5-pack? :shocked: I'm gonna have to try to get DC Rochelle from the US D:

It's great that we're getting them, but I was hoping for only a few dollars mark up on a single doll. Not $10... Though that is about the same as what Walmart charges for a deluxe line doll (Sweet1600 and GR were/are about $34). I thought that was TRU price, which is actually more expensive again at $37 for a deluxe doll. Still makes me sad.

But $80 for a 5 pack?? That's insane. I know that "budget" dolls aren't exactly budget priced here, since they're about $20 each. So the 5 pack does make them cheaper than buying individually, but come on. That's A LOT to drop at one time on dolls. Especially when you can get someone to pick up a set in the US and have it shipped for less. I'll just wait until I visit my boyfriend in KY to get anything big.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »

Holy carp, I need to go to TRU today!  Do you know where in Alberta they've been spotted, out of curiosity?

Not a clue unfortunately ^^;

Post Merge: April 02, 2013, 01:06:36 PM

It's great that we're getting them, but I was hoping for only a few dollars mark up on a single doll. Not $10... Though that is about the same as what Walmart charges for a deluxe line doll (Sweet1600 and GR were/are about $34). I thought that was TRU price, which is actually more expensive again at $37 for a deluxe doll. Still makes me sad.

But $80 for a 5 pack?? That's insane. I know that "budget" dolls aren't exactly budget priced here, since they're about $20 each. So the 5 pack does make them cheaper than buying individually, but come on. That's A LOT to drop at one time on dolls. Especially when you can get someone to pick up a set in the US and have it shipped for less. I'll just wait until I visit my boyfriend in KY to get anything big.

AGREED. I know Target has to do some mark-ups, but so far they're not giving me a reason to switch to them at all with increases like that.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 01:10:27 PM »
Yeah, totally agree, Okie and Catlein. I'm so used to Walmart currently charging what TRU used to charge that I'm kinda numb to it. It would've been nice if Target hadn't gone along with it too, but I guess that was too much to hope for :( But that 5-pack price... Even though it's in line with our "budget" prices it does feel just crazy. ><

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
I suppose at some point I'll get used to it...but after spending time in the US and buying almost all of my collection there, it's painful to think about paying $25 or $28 plus tax for a doll I'm used to paying about $21 for when taxes are included (even with the exchange rate on my credit card, a single doll isn't almost $30).

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
I don't collect MH but I'm Ottawa area so just popping in to say hi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal