collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rhapsody in BLUE ponies  (Read 1776 times)

Online FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Rhapsody in BLUE ponies
« on: September 07, 2023, 09:47:09 AM »
Today I will be discussing blue ponies! Blue is one of my favorite colors for ponies, probably in my top three. There are so many shades of blue from a bold rich blue like Tuneful, Star Gleamer, or Twisty Tail (to name a few) to a lighter blue (some may refer to it as a powder blue or pale blue) like Sweet Stuff or Sugar Apple to an aqua shade like Sunlight to a turquoise shade like Cranberry Muffin or Tassles to a shade of blue that could be described as periwinkle or ash such as Sparkler of Ringlets.

There’s almost too many shades of blue that it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what shade of blue a pony is. There are even a few I wasn’t even sure if they were blue or green, but I’ll get to those later.

When I think of blue ponies, the first two that come to my mind are Bow Tie and Wind Whistler, who are very classic blue ponies. Also, Bow Tie was one of my very first ponies in my childhood collection. These two blue ponies are not only classic ponies, but they also have pink hair. I feel like blue ponies with pink hair is a very popular color combination and I can see why because those two colors compliment each other quite nicely. Other blue ponies with pink hair include:
-Squeezer (let’s be honest: Squeezer is a Happy Tails Bow Tie!)
-Coco Berry
-Baby Cuddles
-Dainty Dahlia
-Mommy Sweet Celebration
-Tornado
-Princess Serena/Aquamarine
-Posey Rose (Funny story - Posey Rose was part of my childhood collection and it was only when I was doing research for this that I realized her name was Posey Rose and NOT Posey Rosey, which I had been calling her all these decades! Whoops!)

Sugar Apple is a very pretty blue pony with her dark pink and white striped candy cane curls.

I also need to shoutout to the Italian Lickety-Split who is blue with pink hair. She is gorgeous! I much prefer her to the pink body, pink hair Lickety-Split!
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Blue_ls.PNG

Another color mane/tail combination I really love with blue is white. There’s just something classic about blue and white. They’re just two colors that look really good together. Sunbeam’s aqua body color with her white hair gives off a very icy look (ironic, considering her symbol is a sun!) Night Glider and Princess Taffeta are also blue ponies with white hair. And (so soft) Fifi gets the best of both worlds by being a blue pony with white hair with a pink steak.

I also think blue looks really good with rainbow/multi-colored hair. Moonstone, Sunlight, and Starflower from the Rainbow Pony collection all look great, but it’s really Sweet Pop, and especially Sweet Stuff and Bright Eyes that I love. But then again, I may be biased because the Twinkle Eyes ponies are my favorites set. I used to be sleeping on Bright Eyes, but, ahem, she really woke me up (a little humor since her symbol is an alarm clock!) with her bold and beautiful colors. Sweet Stuff’s light blue color with her pink, purple, and white hair and pink and purple gumdrop symbols is just such a pretty combination.

Blue is a pretty common color among the Big Brother/Mountain Boy ponies. Quarterback is a blue pony with blue hair, 4-Speed is a pale blue (almost gray-ish) pony with blue hair, Barnacle and Tornado are blue. And of course there’s little Lucky who’s all blue.

Off the top of my head, I can think of three ponies that have “Blue” in their names: Blue Belle, Princess Royal Blue, and Blueberry Baskets. I think Blueberry Baskets is the bluiest blue pony (yes, I realize that’s not a real word!). She’s blue with blue hair and has BLUEberries for her symbol. Princess Royal Blue is not a shade of blue that I would associate with the color royal blue. I think of royal blue being a deep, rich blue.

Blueberry Baskets, Lucky, and Quarterback may be monochromatic blue ponies, but they’re not the only ones. Peach Blossom and Angel are also all-blue ponies.

I already mentioned that Bow Tie was a childhood blue pony I had, but others I had include Tropical Breeze (my favorite flutter pony and I loved her bright red hair), Sparkler (her blue is almost a periwinkle), and Ribbon (another classic blue pony, though sometimes I wonder if she mostly red hair with a chartreuse streak if that would have gone better with her coloring).

I’m not a fan of the Rockin’ Beats ponies - their colors are garish and they have ugly and nonsensical symbols, but if I had to pick the one I liked the most from that group, it would be the blue pony, Tuneful. The blue with the red and purple hair and symbol shapes gives off a striking color palette.

Now let’s discuss the ponies where I’m not sure if they’re supposed to be blue or green because they’re in that almost in-betwen hue. Cranberry Muffins, Tassels, Woosie, and Salty/Tug, are turquoise ponies who I can’t decide are more on the blue side or the green side. On their backcards, their illustrations look green, especially compared to a true blue pony. (For example, Woosie looks green when she’s next to Squeezer, but again, this is their illustrations). Sometimes Sky Rocket (the sparkle pony) looks blue to me, and sometimes she looks green to me. I suppose when you’re looking at a pony on a screen, and not in real life, you’re not always going to see the proper color it really is.

Who is your favorite blue pony?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Rhapsody in BLUE ponies
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 10:03:53 AM »
Blue is my favorite color too. Just going off what I own, my favorites are

Ribbon
Moonstone
Magnet Bolt (cross-gen custom)
Sweet Pop
Aurora Mist
Rainbowdash (mishmash/retro mane six)
Wind Whistler
Waterfire
Tropical Surprise
Ringlets
Baby Drummer
Trucker
Sunlight
Seaspray (G3)
Baby Ribbs
Tropical Breeze
Morning Glory
Peach Blossom
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 10:05:47 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 10:25:02 AM »
I love the combo of blue and yellow :) I think more G3s have it than G1.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 12:17:51 PM »
Blue is my favorite color for ponies too! (even though blue isn't my favorite color :P) My favorite pony color combos are blue and white and monochromatic blue. I especially like ponies who are darker shades of blue, which is why Nova is my favorite celestial pony.  ^.^

in no particular order, some of my favorite blue ponies are:

G1:
Nova
Sweet Pop
Tropical Breeze
Flowerburst
Blue Baby Ember
Moonstone
Sunbeam
Blueberry Baskets
Crystalline
Night Glider
Peach Blossom
Sky Rocket

G3:
Starbeam
Silver Glow
Marshmellow Coco
Tropical Surprise
Moondancer
Blue Mist
Aurora Mist
Dream Blue
Bee Bop
Fair Weather

G4:
Trixie Lulamoon
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 10:31:47 PM »
I think you missed some pony!!!

But yep I LOVE Blue Ponies!!! Blue is my fave colour!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 07:16:01 AM »
I think you missed some pony!!!

But yep I LOVE Blue Ponies!!! Blue is my fave colour!!!

I'm gonna guess that Twisty Tail is your favorite pony!  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 02:24:11 PM »
See sig
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 03:32:49 PM »

Strangely, I have a little display outside my office of blue ponies.  It wasn't intentional!

My favorite blues include BowTie, Sunbeam, Blue Baby Ember, Basic Fun Nova, Baby Ribbon and Peach Blossom
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 06:06:03 PM »

Strangely, I have a little display outside my office of blue ponies.  It wasn't intentional!

My favorite blues include BowTie, Sunbeam, Blue Baby Ember, Basic Fun Nova, Baby Ribbon and Peach Blossom

Sunbeam almost looks mint green compared to those true blue ponies! Also, I notice the two Bow Ties are very different shades of blue!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 09:40:22 AM »
Some of the ponies my sister loves most from our childhood are the blue with red hair, like Sky Rocket. She was always very fond of her.

Blue ponies are awesome. Blue and white favourites of mine include Taffeta (obviously) and Night Glider :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 03:43:24 PM »

Sunbeam almost looks mint green compared to those true blue ponies! Also, I notice the two Bow Ties are very different shades of blue!

Oh yes, the darker blue Bow Tie is Basic Fun.  I don't remember if the original Bow Tie was ever made that dark.  All of the ones I know were baby blue.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2023, 06:54:47 PM »
Lovely color! :frolic:

My favorites of the blue ponies are:

G1