collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brazilian Shady Hair Length?  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Brazilian Shady Hair Length?
« on: August 13, 2023, 10:23:16 AM »
Hello I have a Brazilian Shady that I'm Restoring for a long time now... And I'm finally done re-rooting her hair for the second time (She is a little Rascal like that I even had to re paint her twice) anyways
does anyone know her hair length or what pony she is supposed to look like? maybe So Soft Shady's hair style or is it slightly different? I have a SS Shady it was....

Name of Pony    Bangs Length    Hair Length    Tail Length
Shady            4 1/4 in             2 1/4           6 in

P.S I'm making a Hair Length Guide in the Custom Forms for those who want to Restore a Nirvana Ponys can...
The Hair Length Guide is at its bare bones right now not really filled in yet.

But anyways this is the link to that

https://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=404880.0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Brazilian Shady Hair Length?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 02:37:48 PM »
I don't have Brazil Shady I am afraid :(

I have been watching your restoration of your Brazil Shady in the customs forums ;) :) She is coming along nicely. Yes, I too have has "rascal's" when it comes to restoring or customising >_< it really is a labour of love.

A Hair length guide is an amazing idea, please let us know how we can help full in some of your nirvana blanks :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 02:55:58 PM »
Hi Pinkkittywinks Should I change the File from View to Edit so anyone can edit it? and should it be in centimeters not inches on the Nirvana page.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 02:59:42 PM by Starflashbaby »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 08:53:44 AM »
I'm not sure to be honest if it is suitable to let anyone edit your document. if it where me I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. It might be good though if you had a trusted someone who could help (maybe someone with a large collection) who would be able to add ponies for you.

It might be useful to add images of how you measure the ponies manes and tails? That way people know how to measure in order to be able to use your information correctly :)

The cm/inches thing is complicated. I'm in the UK and use both cm and inches, I think the UK is supposed to be all metric (cm) but some places never made the switch (even though they were supposed to).

Having all the nirvana ponies measured in cm and the standard issue ponies measured in inches doesn't quite make sense to me. Not all nirvana ponies are European and of course Europe did get HK and China made ponies. Most websites list pony information based on a US centric idea of the releases, and nirvana ponies, EU ponies and elsewhere ponies (Africa and Australasia) do not fit into the US release pattern. Plus we still do not fully understand the releases/waves of ponies in some countries.

I think being consistent in how you measure and what measurement unit you use is the most important thing. We have rulers and measuring tapes, I think most people can work it out or convert measurements :bigups:

It is your project and you should do what you feel comfortable with :)

Nirvana stuff is a ton of work (trust me, I should know) and there is certainly enough to keep you going just based on the US centric releases :faint:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal