collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What color is Baby Billy's Hair?  (Read 501 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
What color is Baby Billy's Hair?
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
Baby Billy (And the rest of those animal friends babies) aren't considered nirvanas are they?

I recently bought a Baby Billy at the fair.
She had a bad haircut, frizz, rust and mineralized crust in her tail...so it's like un-use-able. I was like "Oh this is a piece of cake, I'll buy her now and rehair her later no problems!" I was so excited to find and buy her, she completes my set.

But then...I got her home.
In the photos, and under the light of the fair, I thought she had Wysteria hair, which I have plenty of. (Like I think Sparkler, that prom queen sister, a teeny tiny baby, Salty, & etc has) But then, it's totally not that color. It's way pinker. I have (I think) ALL the dollyhair pinks in the house too, except one. But then, this hair for her is clearly damaged. It could have faded, been influenced by the rust or any number of things to change the color it appears as.

The closest one I own is Raspberry Sorbet DH, but it's too dark.
Could it be Brambleberry? It's not Twilight.

I did a search, but nobody really talks about her hair. It's not unique, is it? Just looking for a quick spot of help from anyone who's got an undamaged one & possibly some other more common pony to compare it to. I'd love to restore this cutie to her original condition!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: What color is Baby Billy's Hair?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
I actually asked this very question a couple months ago. :) I believe the answer that I got was Dollyhair MULBERRY CRUSH. It has been sold out the entire time and I never did re-hair poor Billie.

ETA: DH mentions that color being a match for Baby Pineapple, I compared my Baby Billie with nice hair to Pineapple, definitely not a match.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:06:34 PM by himmie »
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:21:44 AM »
There isnt a colour match on DH. Some of the later UK/Euro ponies have a purple/pink colour which does not have an exact match. Mulberry Crush is the closest you will get and its not an actual match just the closest you will find unfortunately.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:37:19 PM »
It's a shame that there is not an exact colour match for some ponies :(
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 05:08:15 PM »
Here's my Baby Billie in case it can help you come up with the colour that is the closest. Or you could do a fun alternate rehair! :D

~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »
Wow thank you, this is so mysterious!
(Also, the search is mysterious too because I didn't find your question thread..I wish I had seen it doh!) Thank you for comparing the baby pineapple too and unconfirming it as a match to mulberry it's def. helpful as is the photo!

Mine's about like that hair (so it didn't bleach out on mine) but that lighting you have really will help illustrate for people that it's a pinkish-er purple than just regular Wysteria. I would alt rehair her (I'm big on that!) if it hadn't taken me forevvvvrrrr to get her and she wasn't quite as uncommon as she is. It is a shame there's no exact match right now, but that doesn't mean there can't be in the future. Hair sites seem to add new colors fairly often, so there's hope for her yet...it's not like that's not some ugly, undesirable color that no one would want. It's subtle and pretty so it could certainly get made at some point.

Who else has that weird color? I knew nirvanas could have odd unmatch-able colors but not just normal Made in HK Euro ones.
To hopefully be a little bit useful & provide a fact:
Baby Honeycomb appears to have "Lemonade" color hair.

I guess I will go with the closest color I have and place the hair, thank you!

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »
I don't know if she really is that "rare" compared to many of the other Euro exclusive babies. I found mine a few years ago for $4 on eBay UK and she is mint. She even smells divine. I do feel for you though! I have been trying to get my hands on Baby Applejack and the UK version of Baby Lemondrop for YEARS and I always seem to get outbid or the seller won't ship to the US. Even though neither of those ponies are rare, they are rare to me since I can't seem to get my hands on them.

Personally, I would rehair her but with definite "alternative" colors. She would look awesome with pastel rainbow colored hair, and who knows, maybe someone would be willing to trade an extra Baby Billy they have for an alternate rehair for an army?

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 10:31:37 AM »
If you want you can always order a blend to get that smidgen closer? Or as people have said, maybe an alternate rehair. :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 02:11:16 AM »
I think Love-In-a-Mist and Music Time also have this colour but I am not at home to double check for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal