collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 13701 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 09:33:36 AM »
I think they're cute, but they're barely ponies for a 30th anniversary. MLP is about ponies, not dolls.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
I'm interested in this too. I confess that I'll buy them if they release these in doll form. But-

Definitely not going to replace ponies for my affection.
They made design decisions that I don't agree with either (skirts are cheaper to make, that's why the skirts). (and no horns is really dumb).
I do think this is a silly way to celebrate the anniversary. I mean, we love ponies because we love PONIES. So common sense says: celebrate with PONIES  :blink: right??
I think they are hopping on the Monster High bandwagon too. I love MH and collect them, BUT- I wish Hasbro would focus on really developing their own line, instead of trying to hi-jack another one. They can't spend the money to make more poses but they can invest in full-blown dolls?

It just reaffirms the continued poor decision-making going on at Hasbro which makes me sad.
Also, has anyone else noticed that this is yet one more way to release the mane 6?  -_-

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 09:57:02 AM »
I'll say that I expected horrible, saccharine dreck from FiM, but when I finally watched it I LOVED it and was immediately hooked. So I'm not going to condemn this new stuff out of hand. BUT I just don't get it. Antro ponies? Girly, made up, short skirt and heels wearing antro ponies? Really, really not my style.

Edit: Ok, I looked at the pic again, and not high heels, but still . . .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:59:02 AM by LeighAnnApanites »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
"There are lots of different ways to be a girl!  . . . as long as you wear a short skirt and make-up."

Appalling.

(And I don't have a problem with girls wearing short skirts or make-up.  It's that EVERY CHARACTER is in skirts there.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »
Yuck.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 10:21:04 AM »
Well, I'm glad they did give them wings/ears/tails as opposed to the first artwork we saw. I think the art style is very cute, and I'm sure the show will be well done. It's not something I'm personally interested in watching though.

RedKitsune

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
I knew that they would be people  -_-
and i dont like it so I think I will stop watching.  :sad:

Please clarify for me why would you give up watching FIM, a show you love, just because the company decided to make a completely separate spin off of that show? 0_x; They are not canceling FIM for Equestria Girls, so why give up something you enjoy?

Kitsune

Sarah Jo

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
They are either antro ponies, or they are girls. not both. I would prefer the pony elements be ditched all together. The outfits do need work. they aren't very individualized to each character.
I'm actually pretty interested to see how this goes.

Agreed with all of this. I'm very interested and going to give it every open-minded chance and hope for the best.  I would be so much more on board if they had human skin tones and no pony-stuff.

I really like their hair. :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 10:44:53 AM »
I am really disappointed if this is all we get for the 30 year anniversery.  I don't mind this on the side, but I was really hoping for some cool new PONY stuff.  You know, to celebrate My Little PONY.

I also find it strange that there are no horns if there are going to be wings, tails, etc.  and I'm with all of you on the mini skirts.

Also just to add my opinion on all parts of the discussion, I personally like them better anthro than completely human.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:48:10 AM by Sunset »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
Mini skirts and boots = pony? Mmkay.

I can't say I'm surprised by this idea really. Has anyone done a search for My Little Pony online lately? Over the last year or two the internet has been filled with fanart of ponies turned humans; even before this rumor showed up.

I'm gonna assume as a toy company Hasbro is wanting to make dolls and sell them because they assume that is what kids and adults of MLP want.

So on the box for these dolls will it say My Little Pony or My little Human? :silly:

If they are going to make dolls they better do this right because  If they're crappy or mediocre I'm not going to buy it just because it's supposed to be a My Little Pony as a human.

This is taking the Last Unicorn theme to the extreme. I guess the ponies are going to run into Schmendrick and in a terrifying fight with the Red Bull Schmendrick turns the main 6 into humans and sends them to earth or...something like that (hehe).

I just wondering what kind of story lines they're going to put out with a cartoon of the main 6 becoming human. Call me wary of the idea.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
the thing I don't like about it is that they are all wearing skirts, and short skirts.
why can't they wear shorts or pants?  UnU  this kind of thinking I hate it :/
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »
I'm actually intrigued by this new turn of events and I'm willing to give Equestria Girls a shot before condemning it. If it's not for me then it's not for me, but I think the designs are kind of cute. As long as they have no plans of completely replacing their traditional ponies with this, I have no problem with it.

I'm also one who's looking forward to the rumored doll line and will probably be picking up a few if they're done well. As far as the dresses go, maybe we'll see more of a variety in their outfits as the series/toy line progresses? If they're going to try and keep up with the other popular playline fashion dolls at the moment, they're going to have to opt for more variety. I can't imagine that all we're going to get out of this is miniskirts.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »
I'm really interested to see how this plays out.  I am not sure Hasbro should be saying that this new show/brand is a way to celebrate 30 years of My Little Pony.  There are definitely better ways to do that.

I think it's a risky move for Hasbro and there is a high probability that it will flop.  It's obvious Hasbro is trying to expand and capitalize on their new pony fanbase.  However, it will be weird to see the pony logo on Monster High looking dolls.   

It may be a good show (I'll definitely watch it) but the main point here, as always, is to sell toys.  I will admit that I'm a bit confused by some of their design choices... but maybe this art isn't final.

Is there a release date for when this new show will air?

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
I have a feeling this will be a bad move for Hasbro.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
As others have pointed out I don't quite understand why hasbro would go with this idea to celebrate 30 years?

We're going to celebrate the brand of My Little Pony, the operative word being Pony by turning the ponies into humans????

Somehow this just seems like a weird choice. to celebrate 30 years of ponies.

Yay 30 years of ponies, HERE have a human? Wha?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal