collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - Nessa16!  (Read 1001 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - Nessa16!
« on: September 14, 2023, 07:31:48 AM »
It's been a minute! I've been very unwell but am on the mend! This week I interviewed nessa16! Thanks so much!

Personal Interview-

Where did you get your user name? my nickname and my favorite number

How old are you? 35

Do you go to school or work? work as an OBGYN RN phone nurse

What are your hobbies? collecting vintage toys, reading, watching movies. I would love to get back into horses, scrapbooking and small animals again.

Do you have any pets? Anubis, 14 year old black shorthair cat, Neelix, 6 year old silver tabby cat, and soon we will be getting a female Golden Retriever puppy. She’s only 3 weeks old!

What do you like/dislike about yourself? I like that I am loyal, intelligent, considerate, witty, and unique. I dislike my depression and anxiety. They keep me from doing things.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? rural midwest but on a farmstead. Maybe a little further south to have more mild winters lol. Or maybe Disney World

Do you collect anything other than ponies? may be easier to list what I don’t lol. Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, 80s/90s Barbies, Star Wars stufff, Care Bears, G1 Kenner Littlest Pet Shops, Baby Buddies, Lady Lovely Locks, vintage Little People (shhhh don’t tell my husband lol), Fisher Price, Step 2, and Little Tikes pretend food and large playsets- vanity, tool bench, kitchens, etc; 80s/90s/00s dollhouses (Loving Family, Dream House, Playskool Victorian, Little Tikes), Fairy Winkles, Lady Lovely Locks, Monster High, Ever After High, American Girl dolls, Disney, and any number of other nostalgic toys from my childhood.

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies? since I was little, though I took a break in junior high and most of high school. I started up again in college when G4 came out.

Why did you start collecting ponies? they were a favorite childhood toy and I just couldn’t give them up. Then I started realizing all the ones I didn’t even know about thanks to the rabbit hole that is the internet.

Who is your favorite pony and why? Sugarberry-she’s in my favorite pose, and I love her coloring and symbols

Who is your least favorite pony and why? just on principle and not understanding the popularity-Rapunzel. Oh and she’s in my least favorite pose and has too much hair. She’s also way too expensive IMHO

Who is your favorite pony from another country? hmmm that’s tough. Maybe yellow and pink Venny AJ. She was my segue into nirvanas.

Who is your favorite fakie? no such thing, I strongly dislike them

Who was your first pony? not 100% sure, but the first I remember getting was TE Locket at a flea market from my mom.

What pony did you get recently? Celestial Aurora

What is your favorite generation? G1, G2, G3/G4, G3.5 newborns, and G5 in that order.

What is your favorite part about collecting? the excitement and joy of organizing in my pony room or when finding a good deal, etc

How big is your collection? I would say at least a couple 1,000 or so. Maybe 3,000?

What do your friends and family think about your collection? Some think it’s quirky and I think my mom used to think it was a phase. Her and my husband are very supportive and most everyone else thinks it’s neat when they see my pony room. Usually, they’re in awe lol.

Do you still play with your ponies? not play per se, organize and display, yes

What rare or popular pony makes you ask why!? See above-Rapunzel

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why? Honeycombs because it’s cute. Do they make glittery tattoo ink?!!

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why?
Sugarberry-G2. Then I wouldn’t need to commission one lol

What has been the worst part about collecting?bullies or rude people in the community, drama that comes with them

What is your ultimate collecting goal? simply, just to get all the ponies I want

What is your biggest collecting accomplishment? getting a pony room if that counts. Otherwise, a full set of Sugarberry variants-Spanish,Brazilian, Argie, regular, MOC, and both versions of Baby Sugarberry. Not to mention the customs.

What is your biggest collecting regret? missing out on good deals

Who is your grail pony and why? Takara Milky. I love the color combination and the uniqueness.

Do you have it? not yet but slowly saving

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies? definitely loose

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get? um, no ponies in bed with me lol

Are you a customizer? no, unfortunately, not creative or patient enough though I have a bunch of ideas

Would you ever be? probably not

What do you think of custom ponies? I like some. Usually, not the over the top ones

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion? head/body mismatches, cancer spots and regrind drive me nuts along with chopped up hair. A few marks gere and there, messy hair are typically fine

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie? bait

Do you watch pony shows/movies? I love Friendship is Magic and Pony Tales
Which ones?

Do you read pony comics? the vintage UK ones and some G4
Which ones?

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony? accidentally rubbed part of a symbol with a Magic Eraser

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would bring back G1 with undone ponies like the current retros and Celestials)

"When I was new to ponies I didn't knowthere were so many"

"I think the most under-appreciated pony is Snuzzle because gray isn’t popular "
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - Nessa16!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 02:08:43 PM »
It's nice to read a good and interesting interview again! It's also nice to get to know Nessa16 a little better!  :good:
Your cats have beautiful names! :heart:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 02:36:18 PM »
Another Kenner LPS collector! :D

I agree about Rapunzel and that's my least fav pose as well.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 08:31:33 AM »
Very nice interview :). I love the name on your cats.

Offline Peepersponies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 07:50:40 AM »
I love reading these interviews!! You're right about snuzzle, she's very cute!! Grey is underrated!
I would like to request cat pictures!! And puppy pictures when she arrives!
[formerly @fishkisser]

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 03:07:25 PM »
Somebody else with an awe-inspiring collection!!! And another collector of other 1980s toys!!! Great interview btw xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal