collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Repinking a plush  (Read 697 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Repinking a plush
« on: December 08, 2020, 08:54:53 PM »
One of the ponies I've recently acquired is a G2 Ivy beanie. I really like her- she's very cute, and one of my favorite characters! She's not in perfect shape- her tush tag has faded completely, along with her pink hair. I'm thinking about repinking her and somehow marking the fact on her tush tag.

As for dye method, I'm thinking about going with Kool-Aid due to the cheap price. Prepared strawberry lemonade Kool-Aid is the exact color of Posey's pink, which I assume was her original color. What is the exact method here?

I'm not exactly sure how to mask off her body to avoid staining, but I was planning on cutting a slit in a sandwich baggie and Scotch-taping on either side of her mane/tail. Do you think that would suffice?

Also, what tool would be best for marking her tag? Sharpie would bleed, acrylic paint would crack... I'm not sure if I have any non-white fabric paint, either. That would be the best, but if there are any easy household alternatives, I'd love to hear them!

Finally, what are the length/width of the ribbons she originally came with? I'm not going to go super out of my way to replace them, but I think I have some ribbon on hand that would work really well.

Thanks to anybody who can help! Ivy, in her 1998 McD's incarnation, was my very first pony, and her colors are gorgeous. I'd really like to see my beanie restored to her former glory!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Repinking a plush
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 06:18:42 AM »
I would go with Rit dye over koolaid
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 07:30:37 AM »
Kool aid doesn't seem to dye synthetics well. I'd go with Rit dye as well, I would dip her in the mixture and hold her there.
I'll check if I have a ribbon on my beanie and get back to you!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 07:53:36 AM »
You could use pink highlighter ink mixed in water, Ivy's pink in her hair is kind of a pastel-neon. (I've never tried this, but I believe there is tutorial somewhere.)

I've re pinked pony hair with semi-permanent pink hair dye left in for 10 mins then rinsed out. I don't know how easy it is to get your hands on such a hair dye, I just have plenty because I dye my own hair with it.  :P

Using tape sounds like it would protect her body well :) - please share the results once you're done !

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal