collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 518
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Your best G1 bargain  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Your best G1 bargain
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 04:51:06 PM »
I've never had this much luck! I got some reasonably priced ponies from Germany and Holland mainly through fairly relaxed sellers.  I paid about 6 euro for this lady and was very pleased to find her hair so factory still. I cleaned her up and she's stunning

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think some of my best ponies have come from people being very generous in swaps.  Lady Starflower found me an amazing Starflower!

I got G3 June Birthflower for a fairly small amount compared to what she goes for now.   I don't have a picture though.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
Back in the day I found a Baby Sugarberry at the fleamarket for $1.50, and I found a mint-ish Baby Leaper at a garage sale for probably a quarter.  :biggrin:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 05:34:08 PM »
I paid 30.00 for a lot of 10 ponies from a friend, Diamond Dreams and Chief were in the lot.

Best ever was an Ebay lot I just won.  The person who listed the lot worded it funny so it didn't come up on a normal search.  I came across it by chance searching for something unrelated.  For 49.99 I got two dream castles (one complete), a Complete show stable, 14 ponies in mint condition including a Minty, Snuzzle, and Perfect Majesty.  A complete baby Gusty and Baby Ribbon with all accessories, UNUSED STICKERS still on backing and in plastic for Applejack, Baby Sea Shimmer and Powder.  Two complete Pretty Parlors. Many combs, ribbons, accessories and ponywear. The box weighed 21 lbs., shipping was about 12 dollars.  I think I won the pony lottery.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 07:59:05 PM »
In 1999, at value land (a thrift store here) I found a near complete paradise estates with about 25 ponies highlights were: ss bangles, Hollywood, adult sea pony white cap, and ss crumpet. I paid a total of $13 for the bunch plus about 4 Mattel pretty kitties, a plush moon dancer and a firefly wallet that day!

I found a ss crumpet with 4 other ss ponies at a junk store selling all new stuff but they were just sitting on the shelf I paid 75 cents for each.

More recently on eBay, I won a color swirl (the pink one) for $16, a red roses for $49 (not a steal, but I never thought I'd get one.) and a Hollywood for $14.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:02:56 PM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 10:12:31 PM »
Hmmm either this brag for FREE:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,326657.0.html

or the deal where I managed to score complete playsets/accessories for the Sweet Scoop Shoppe, Paradise Estate, Dream Castle and all the little tiny pieces!!! for only $20?  THAT was pretty sweet! 

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 11:06:16 PM »
I got a really nice Dancing Butterflies for 50 cents. She even had original tail curl, absolutely no marks, and smooth silky hair. I found her at Urban Ore, a place in the Bay Area where you can get recycled building materials and used books, electronics, and toys.

I think she may have been the first g1 I found when I decided to start collecting as an adult! That was a couple years ago. I'm disappointed to say I was just there and saw a Bow Tie and BlueBell going for $18 each. I guess they decided vintage MLP might be worth something but didn't do too much research into specifics!

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 03:44:17 AM »
I  I think I won the pony lottery.

Goodness me I think you did!  Thats amazing, well done you!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 03:54:52 AM »
I found one day at a fleamarket a french Seashell for 1€ , on Ebay years ago a french Applejack for 1€ also. But the very amazing for me was on a fleamarket nearly 2 years ago: Strawberry and german speedy both in great condition for 0,10 euro cents both!
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 05:11:53 AM »
These bargains are all such amazing stories, I can only wish to be able to find treasure like that here!
I think the best bargains I have are that I had Mimic and Diamond Dreams from my childhood collection, and that doesn't even count!  :lol:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2016, 05:19:14 AM »
Wow these are great!!  My most memorable is probably Lavender Woosie for $1 locally :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 07:58:30 AM »
I got a box full of stuff some of it was my little pony other parts of it wasn't. I got all of that for free from a friend who was going through their things and didn't want this my little pony stuff. I had a hard time IDing things I should of took photos of it the way it was. :/  I got a old Nursery, seapony Wave Jumper. A few others I found the picture. I don't have that nursery anymore which I was regretful about. I was moving and got rid of the Nursery. However, I do have most of everything else except. What I thought at the time wasn't my little pony. (silly me)  >_< There was a lot of Barbie stuff or other things I haven't had a clue what they were outside of the picture:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:20:51 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2016, 08:28:09 AM »
My daughter's best find was her Rapunzel.  She got her for $4 from a toy seller at an antique show a few years back.  Her hair was a tangled mess, but with a lot of patience she was able to make her beautiful again.

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2016, 11:08:55 AM »
Lots of them, years back when the carboot sale was still running and the G1s were still plentiful. Remember a whole box of accessories for £5, including all dragons, most wands, hats for brothers, bandanas, most ponywear and other stuff...a bag of baby ponies including all sweetie babies and others for £2...and lots of rarer ponies for 10p, 20p, 50p. Even, once, a £1 Mimic!

My sister used to get given dragons for free though. And ponies, sometimes. She was cute and blonde and smiled angelically at sellers. She used to get lots of stuff thrown in extra. In fairness to her, she never asked for it. She always asked how much something was, but sometimes the seller would just say she could have it for free.

Maybe also the ponies I got from my friend Alex, though, when she didn't want them any more. They had a lot of childhood memories and she looked after them well. I take good care of them and see them as almost the same as my own childhood ponies. She didn't ask anything for them, just gave them to me. Princess Ruby, wand, hat and dragon were among these xd.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2016, 02:35:38 PM »
These are the ones I have picked up and kept over the years.
All second hand. I don't tend to find them anymore :D

These are the more memorable ones I'm sure some other probably are too.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »
Oh, I can't believe I forgot about this earlier . . .

A couple years ago I went to a thrift store and spotted a baggie with Minty in it.

But only after picking up the bag did I realize the pony was . . .

Piggy Minty!!

I live in the US, so I have no idea how this girl got over here.  :lol:  Cost me $2.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal