collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30427 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »
A Sleepover Party Sophie was my first doll, and thankfully I knew they had disappointing joints before I got her. But the karate chop ("pillow throwing") is very amusing to me (I want SP Daniela so my boyfriend and I can play karate fighting Livs xD), and the BBEs/real lashes are very worth it for me.

I've got two girls that sport the pixie cuts! They're so cute. SP Sophie, Nadia, and Spa Makeover Alexis. That second photo of your Red Queen Alexis is gorgeous. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
*Sigh* One line I would've liked to be made is a Liv Sports line or something. With Soccer for Sophie, Tennis for Alexis, Lacrosse for Katie and other sports for Hayden and Daniela.

Hmm is it ever possible for another toy company to pick up toy lines from another company if they've dropped it?? Has that ever happen to any toy line in the past?? Probably never gonna happen, but I would LOVE it if another company like MGA or Mattel buys the patents from Spin Master and continue the Liv line with the same exact detail and everything!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 01:25:45 PM »
That would've been really cool! Sports accessories would have been awesome. I wish they'd done a babysitting playset/line (first jobs maybe?), but you probably could have guessed that and know exactly why. xD I would've loved to see some "younger siblings" Livs too. And some boys with different face molds! And different female face molds too, while I'm at it.

I don't know if its possible, but that would be amazing! Though with the issues like glue seepage on MH dolls and leg glue seepage on Barbies (though I don't know if its still an issue for Barbies), I would not want Mattel picking them up.

New page, so we need some pretty photos! :D Two shots of Sadie.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 07:12:34 PM »
Arge! so I went to Target to see if the Liv for Colors were still there since they suddenly dissapeared a few days ago, and they were still gone. So I got a random wig instead. ALSO While I looked around, I actually took a closer glimpse at the Liv Brites Katie and I actually liked the outfit she came with and the wig as well as the color scheme and was on clearance for about $10, I declared right then and there (in my head at least) that THAT was the Katie I am going to get, instead of the Liv for Colors Katie since with this one I get a cooler outfit, long purple wig, hopefully a brown scalp and possibly use her eyes and/or rebody her OR Replace her head with a Twist & Dance Katie on a older Liv body...Then again, I'm still deciding. XD

I was aware of the MH Seepage, but OMG I had no idea Barbie was having seepage as well. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
The Brites aren't *that* bad as far as clothing goes. I really want Katie's outfit, and the others are okay even if they could use some tweaks.

I don't remember the specifics and can't find where I saw it, but basically the legs with inner joints you can bend at the knees were leaking plasticizer or something very badly. I don't know if it still happens, but the fact that is has happened makes me wary. And I'd be afraid on MGA making them look like hookers (sorry Bratz) or having them skimp out and give them partial really bad rubber parts, like on the Bratzillaz. The bottom of their legs and their hands are rubber, but otherwise they're plastic I believe. I've heard a lot of bad things about that, and I know what a terror plastic legs are to dress.

Maybe we can convince Spinmaster to revamp them and do fantasy Livs? xD

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
I heard about the partial plastic/rubber mix of the legs on the Bratzillaz. That's just terrible... =_=; I still wann'em!! *o* JAKKS Pacific?? I haven't heard of any bad reps about them. I'd also say Hasbro maybe? but then knowing them, distribution would be confusing and all over the place. lol MGA, I don't even think they'll wanna touch Liv after what happened with Moxie Teenz not working out.

Katie's outfit is the only one I like out of the 3. Maybe Alexis's but the blue/orange color and squares gives me a strange '70s vibe and Sophie's is too much brightness with the yellow and pink it hurts just thinking about it. >,<;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
I want Meygana if they go on clearance and I have all the other dolls I want by then. They're just for worth $20, when I could get two amazing Liv outfits for the same price (or less). I wonder if you could put their eyes in a Liv? And speaking of other dolls, you collect Moxie Girls right? Does their clothing fit Livs at all? I should be able to afford a True Hope one soon, should things keep going well. :D

I haven't heard anything bad about JAKKS Pacific either, but I'd sob if Hasbro took them over. I'm sure they'd drop in quality like crazy and double in price. Plus I refuse to buy anything from Hasbro anymore. Haha, we just can't win. Or at least I can't.

In an ideal world, if I had all of their outfits, this is what I'd change:
- Make the neck of Alexis's dress blue like the waist.
- Turn Sophie's dress into a skirt and add some more to it so its less plain, no idea what though.
- Put a nice wide belt over Katie's dress. She could also really use some bracelets.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »
I want Meygana if they go on clearance and I have all the other dolls I want by then. They're just for worth $20, when I could get two amazing Liv outfits for the same price (or less). I wonder if you could put their eyes in a Liv? And speaking of other dolls, you collect Moxie Girls right? Does their clothing fit Livs at all? I should be able to afford a True Hope one soon, should things keep going well. :D

I haven't heard anything bad about JAKKS Pacific either, but I'd sob if Hasbro took them over. I'm sure they'd drop in quality like crazy and double in price. Plus I refuse to buy anything from Hasbro anymore. Haha, we just can't win. Or at least I can't.

In an ideal world, if I had all of their outfits, this is what I'd change:
- Make the neck of Alexis's dress blue like the waist.
- Turn Sophie's dress into a skirt and add some more to it so its less plain, no idea what though.
- Put a nice wide belt over Katie's dress. She could also really use some bracelets.

I sure hope Hasbro doesn't take over Jakks! They have been making Pokemon toys since Tomy stopped here in USA for YEARS. I love the larger scaled figures, though Tomy rocked too..

Sorry for straying off topic.. but on topic.. At work yesterday I went back to the toy section to look for a LIV and check for MH stock (still a million and one Ghoulia Skull Shores) and all they had was ONE LIV doll. A blonde one. No wigs or outfits. They had a few Moxie Girls but most Moxie, LIV and Bratz stuff was clearance as well as many Princess stuff. No Bratzillaz though :( looks like I'll have to go back to Walmart for those. My toy section sucks!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »
Great pictures, everyone! While I personally don't have any Liv dolls, I have some clothes and wigs for my Tangkou and Moxie Teenz. I personally can't wait until the Liv for Color wigs start showing up on eBay. They are the best part of those dolls.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 09:59:11 PM »
Katie's outfit would look much better with bracelets and a belt.

I so far have no problem with Hasbro. Just waiting for the wedding ponies to be released in my area is what's keeping me away from them for now since they take forever to distribute.

I'll try it to see if any Moxie Girlz clothes fits them. brb one moment. Oh no, they do not fit. >,<;

Size comparison wise, MG are shorter and slightly thinner than Livs. They look like they could be perfect for older/younger Sister proportions. As for the True Hopes dolls, Which True Hopes doll were you planning on getting? maybe you could poke a hole on top of their head at the right spot and make them Liv wig compatible!! Just an idea.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 10:14:54 PM »
Karrie - In my experience, Liv is being thrown off the shelves everywhere, so to speak. The stores around here seem to want them gone yesterday, and they are actually gone from many stores. The Walmart here never even carried Liv, including before I started collecting them (I check both girl aisles for MLP and MH, so I'd have seen them). Good luck finding what you're after!
Not sure if you want the crimson/brown wig or not, but apparently its rare and expensive? I had a tough time finding mine, and was lucky a user here had it.

Dibbles - Do Liv shoes fit Tangkous? I never tried them. But thank you for reminding me I need to snag some Liv outfits for Marjorie!

Luvly - The way Hasbro has treated fans lately (no art pony + Bubblecup nightmare) and the lack of any quality control with G4s (I had to stop collecting them because displaying them in the "shade" of a G4 playset made head/body mismatch MUCH worse) had driven me away. I'd be so heartbroken if they got Livs or did a similar line that had all the same awful issues.

Aw, that's too bad. Thanks for checking for me!

I'm getting. . .Avery? I can't remember and don't feel like looking, but the one with the pink dress. I didn't like the other one so much in person. That's a great idea! I'll have to try my pegless Liv wig on my True Hope girl when I get her, but I love that they're bald too much to pop a hole in her head. I wish Livs had done a bald cancer awareness/support doll, it would've been so easy!

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
Yep, Liv shoes fit perfectly, but I wouldn't put her in boots because it might be hard to get her feet out. But they are great!!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »
Awesome, thanks! :D I'll have to keep that in mind. Some of my Liv shoes would look adorable on her.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012, 10:43:19 PM »
My walmart never carried them either. NEVER was hoping they would make a great Liv source as I look for MH or MLP. The only wig I can think of that I'm searching for is the all black one.

Speaking of Wigs. Hayden always has to have 2 twist braids featured on her wigs. I'm debating whether I should remove them from her SO wig or not...*very tempted but knows she'll regret it later* Maybe if I buy any more Haydens.

Avery should be the light skinned girl while Sophina is the tan girl. I've never payed too much attention to the whole :muffin: Pony incident and I was a little irritated that she was the con pony instead on art pony when she would've been better off as a regular release. When I tried to get into Strawberry shortcake and saw the prices, I was like eff that, I'll stick to what I already have. I am not gonna pay $10+ for a doll that's practically the same size as a G4 pony. *goes back to topic*

@Karrie: Has there been a certain Liv doll you've been looking for?? If you're searching, I hope you find one that suits you while they're still in your stores! Do you by any chance remember which Moxie Girlz sets were on clearance??
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 11:05:11 PM »
Not sure what MG's were on clearence. Didn't pay much attention. They seem to be trying to get rid of what doesn't sell. We only ever sell toys during the holiday seasons, so we see a lot of clearance. But dolls aren't selling good at all around here. Our highest sales are Lego, Monster High, and Nerf Guns. But a lot of stuff is on sale. Disney Princess stuff is another one that's doing a lot of clearance. I thought about buying the LIV just to have one. Maybe try and track down that red wig.. If it's going to be rare though =/

I think Walmart carries LIV here. I didn't see ANY on the clearance there though. The clearance in Walmart isn't in the aisles, it has it's own little shelf area by the toys. Mostly unsold Jacob from the Twilight Saga dolls, a few 'collectors' Barbies and lots of Thunder Cats and Pirates of the Caribbean figures (lol?).

Walmart also carries MG. I'll probably be going back in a few weeks. I can check and see what we have in stock since LIV are becoming hard to find. If you guys want I can take pictures of their stock?

I could check at work for the Moxies again, though the last time I was there, I spent about a half an hour starring at all the dolls and several GM clerks kept giving me this weird look. I think everyone at work thinks I'm crazy! lol

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal