collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 50616 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1545 on: March 09, 2024, 08:08:00 AM »
Beldarna it's amazing how quickly children grow up these days!!!
BC I hope Got Junk does what they're meant to, to make it worth the loot xxx
Eskara let us know re interview!!!
Cowboy yaiy for curtains!!!

Me: got the dishes done!!! Got the last of the stickers up & the sticker rubbish sorted!!! Got another bag full of recyclable orange bin stuff!!! Got two loads of laundry done!!! Got in the shower!!! Got a visit from my support worker, who will arrange to get my broken ladder removed!!!
Made it to noisy coffee & talked more on Monday's funeral. One of the folks I saw now & then at the service was his bestie, & felt it hard on Monday, so kept to one or two people mostly, otherwise she said hello. She apologised for this but I get it: when you're close to someone, losing them will hurt a LOT!! Bakana & I both gave her hugs xxx Others there watched online, & said they saw peeps I didn't get to see because they didn't go beyond the service to the graveyard, plus I was standing at the back & they were seated.
Also, some long expected packages showed up, including the light-up planet!!! It's great, & as I thought, old phone plugs fit its cable nicely. I also got a big Power Pony Twilight Sparkle I've been missing. She needed TLC, so she's been washed, tail replaced (a Core 7 Scootaloo tail did that job), & her mane trimmed to more uniform length. I just have to dress her up with ribbon now & she'll be ready to add to my collection!!!
Crochet continues.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1546 on: March 09, 2024, 08:18:06 AM »
I was still playing with my animal toys when I was 12. A bathrobe and slippers sound good though.

PBW, sounds productive. I need to look up this Twilight Sparkle.

Man, I slept about 15 hours. Not straight through, I woke up a few times. I'm still groggy but I hope I feel better overall, it's too soon to tell yet. I'm not doing anything today. I'm going to rest my body. I might work on ponies later.

I was suppose to have another inspection yesterday but no one showed up. I'm not complaining :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1547 on: March 10, 2024, 03:05:04 AM »
I managed to find a pale pink fluffy robe! It was the last store I visited. I hope she's okay with the colour. She has totaly abandoned rainbows and unicorns so I am a bit apprehensive about the colour, but it was the only one left. Myself would have loved it as a kid! I still love that soft pink. The slippers were all the wrong sizes too. There might be one in her size in the store in the mall in the outskirts of town.. we'll see if I get there or just give her the robe without slippers.

Today is a beautiful sunny day! It's cold, though, -8 degrees C. I'm gonna head out for a long walk and soak in the sun. I sent a message to a friend and asked if she wants to join me. I hope so, but otherwise I'll walk by my own.

PBW You've been doing good! I feel lazy in comparison.

BC Nice that the inspection didn't happen. I hope they don't surprise you with a random visit though. How are you feeling now after all that sleep?

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: March 10, 2024, 08:26:44 AM »
I wish I could figure out how to sell all this stuff I have.  :(  I have listed it on the local sales sites like 3 times and no interest.  Every one says, "use Facebook!" and I hate Facebook.  Also I see the same things listed on FB Marketplace and they aren't selling there, either.  Seems like everyone wants an extreme deal... I don't mind selling at a small discount, but if I wanted to give it away, I would just give it to the local charity shop!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1549 on: March 10, 2024, 08:55:29 AM »
Beldarna, I felt better, but then last night I couldn't sleep at all, so now I feel tired and sore :(

I have a lot I want to do today. Ponies, there's an event going on at another site I want to participate in, I need to mop the kitchen and clean the litter boxes. I'd like to reorganize my craft closet too. I don't know how much I can get done running on no sleep (and having a very swollen leg) but I'll try. I'll probably crash later.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1550 on: March 11, 2024, 11:55:55 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes everyone
@ Beldarna my 9 year old niece is the same. When she was 7 or 8 my sister bought her a couple of huge LOL doll sets for Christmas and now she only wants makeup and clothes. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup in public when I was that age and then I think my Mum eventually gave up when I was about 15. We played 'dressing up' but it was clearly a game and not how we looked most of the time. Anyway, I ended up buying my niece a Bobbi Brown makeup set for Christmas last year, thinking that it was for 'dressing up' but actually she just wears it all the time. I actually really dislike seeing her face with smudged mascara at 9 years old. She's also trying to talk as though she's a young adult, about bands and clothes but she's kinda lisping and hasn't got much confidence or conviction in what she's saying. I would have expected her to think more along these lines in about 5 year's time! There must be massive pressure on her to act this way and it makes me so sad, that her childhood is already over. I guess as an older Mum there is a bigger gap for me between how things were when I was a child and how things will be for kids now. But my daughter is just past one year old, so at this rate we only have 7 more summers with her as a child. I try not to think about her growing up because it makes me sad and I don't want her to pick up on it. But I have to remember not to let her childhood pass by in a blur. Big sigh.

Today... well both baby and husband have had some awful cold for the last week and are still coughing at times. I had to keep them both on paracetamol etc. for about 4 days and I'm still feeling pretty tired from nursing them. However, I can finally take baby swimming today. She's had no classes for two weeks now and of course no visits from Granny so she's really bored and starting to act a bit naughty. I'm just so glad she's better that I don't really mind. She's so precious at the moment. Hopefully swimming will be good for her today, I know it always is for me.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 12, 2024, 03:05:47 AM »
Artemesia this reminded me of when I was that age. I hade a make up bag with some leftover makeup I've gotten from grandma to play with. I put some on before going to school one morning and mom grabbed me and washed my face before allowing me to go :lol:. I had some hard plastic bracelets I cut right through with a scissor and used as clip on earrings. Mom did not allow me to have them to shool so I smuggled them with me. But it was just me being a kid, not me trying to be older. I feel so sad that kids grow up so early. Childhood is such a small portion of life while being an adult last forever. Why do they need to rush to it?

Spent the morning at the vet. My shift begin an hour and is gonna last for ten hours. I'm running on fumes after just 4 hours of sleep. At least there will be cake! My company has been running five years with the current name so we have a celebration!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1552 on: March 12, 2024, 04:04:21 AM »
I was able to go to bed at a decent time and wake up normally :)

Not sure what I'll be doing today. Now that I have shoes I can wear, I'd like to visit my mom. It's been a while.
Ponies are on the to do list.
I'd like to make homemade broccoli cheese soup today too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 12, 2024, 06:02:17 AM »
BC, congrats on your Custom, your shoes which fit, & your progress!!! I do hope you get to make your soup!!!
Beldarna my thoughts are with your cats xxx Hoping they pull through everything xxx
Artie it breaks the heart, doesn't it, how quickly children are made to grow up these days. We'll see a lot more adults going back to toys in future so they can roleplay & all the stuff they didn't have enough time for as childhood keeps being shortened xxx
Squirmy if you were in the UK I'd see what I could buy from you. I think half the issue is locality of buyers, especially as prices go up. With most stuff I prefer to buy from the UK as that's where I am. It's only stuff which is hardest to find I get from overseas... I wish you the best in getting stuff shifted xxx

Onto me, cheers folks!!! It's rare I'm that productive tbh, as it's often hard to get myself to do more than crochet, knit, & go online...
But I managed, as was the plan, to get my non-card recycling out on time (I accidentally put it in the blue bin but got it transferred without too much hassle to the orange one).
Film day yesterday was one of mine, & many enjoyed it. We only have a couple of weeks to go as it's a winter thing, but it's been fun. We got spoilt with so many cakes & biccies I had a load, & it was just one of each treat!!!
Coffee day today & I got a big mug so only had 2 as opposed to the 3 cups I normally have. My usual coffee pal wasn't there, but I still had fun chats wi other folks there. On way to messages I bumped into a pal who was at the funeral last week, & he said he wants to go to Coffee, so I said he could & sit wi me. Got my messages & came back home. I want to bake bread again, & was hoping for it to be wholemeal, but I think instead it will be white wi garlic & herbs again. I had to get more garlic granules & mixed herbs but it's worth it!!!
I made the last of the pizza the other day too, so I bought a cheat pizza which fits the air fryer, because I love my pizza!!!
Crochet continues as I watch Youtube & stuff...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1554 on: March 13, 2024, 08:53:26 AM »
I made lasagna instead of the soup. I really wanted pasta. I probably won't eat today.

I'm so stressed out :pullhair: I don't know if I can work on ponies today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 14, 2024, 03:59:42 AM »
Mmmm, lasagna :drool: I'll have Tikka Masala with basmati rice today. I brought it to work yesterday but they served smörgåstårta (sandwitchcake) because of a meeting so I took it home again.

I've been downtown and bought a pair of slippers to my sisters bonus daughter. Apparently she could have smaller sizes. I also bought a pair of pink slippers with white fluff at the rim to myself that were on sale. Gotta love having small feet! :biggrin: You don't find this pink in the womans department around here!

I've wrapped the present with the robe and slippers, wrote a card to My and to grandpa. His birthday is coming up as well but I work that day and I work the day everyone is coming to celebrate so I'm gonna visit him tomorrow instead. I'm also gonna leave Mys present with him so my sister can bring it home. I think I've done well already today and it's not even noon!

I think the rest of the day is gonna be spent diamond painting!

A positive uptdate on Simba is that he's eating again! We bought a new brand of Urinary that's come out and we mixed it with their old food and they eat it like it's candy!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1556 on: March 14, 2024, 06:01:19 AM »
The lasagna backfired on me and I was in pain all day yesterday with a sore stomach (I ate too much). I didn't eat yesterday and I probably won't eat today.

I'm still trying to find someone to get my shrimp from the mailbox. My neighbor hasn't been out with her dog yet. Daylight Savings messed everybody up.

Today I feel better but I'm really tired. I don't know what I'll get done today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1557 on: March 14, 2024, 06:53:33 AM »
We'll see a lot more adults going back to toys in future so they can roleplay & all the stuff they didn't have enough time for as childhood keeps being shortened xxx

Good point!

I did landscaping for a couple of hours this morning and now I'm very sore. A neighbour has pinched several feet over our boundary on his side. He concreted in a really innocent looking small post in the wrong place , to make it look like the original boundary line. When I tried to dig it out I saw that the concrete goes about 3ft down. The lump at the bottom was about the size of a kitchen bin. Imagine trying to lift that filled with water. I couldn't do it, but I did manage to turn it sideways and bury it. A friend came over for tea and we talked about spiritual matters. I am now making a bacon sandwich for the other hard worker, who finished a bit early today.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 14, 2024, 08:35:37 AM »
Artie sounds like a lovely time wi your friend!!!
BC bummer about your recipe plans not working out xxx I hope you recover soon xxx
Beldarna great news on finding slippers AND even better news on moggie front xxx

I made the garlic herb bread!!! Then made tomato soup the next day, spicy due to two of the tins being tomatoes & chilli!!! Today I made scones.
A few more packages have been coming in, & there is one which is overdue, so I've had to ask the seller about that.
Crochet continues. I have a second item done, now working on the third, which I'm keeping for myself...

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 14, 2024, 11:07:14 AM »
After work I’m going to the drive-in movies. :popcorn:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal