collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Accidently threw it out (or donated it) thread  (Read 501 times)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Accidently threw it out (or donated it) thread
« on: July 28, 2022, 12:57:02 PM »
I just realized today when looking across mommy charm type items on the mylittlewiki that I donated a McDonald's MLP bookmark a couple years ago without even realizing it. We were cleaning out my parents garage (think hoarder level of mess/clutter) and when I saw the bookmarks on the wiki today I remembered seeing a pink pony bookmark just like those in a box of random cheap stationary type stuff (pencils, pens, notepads, old shaped erasers (stuff we used to get in our Xmas stockings), etc. Oh well.

What have you thrown out (or donated) and realized it later?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Accidently threw it out (or donated it) thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 05:03:33 AM »
It's not that I didn't realize it's that I was uninformed. I donated my Peaches and Cream Barbie. I never played with her, she was always on display instead, so she was mint. My sister was pressuring me to get rid of my old toys while we were going through bins in the garage. I also donated a plushy Muppet Honker whose nose still worked plus some other plushies and toys. I really regret it. I think about my Barbie every so often. I think she was a gift from my grandmother too, which makes it hurt more :(

When it came to my Trolls collection, I put my foot down that day. I'm glad I did.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 06:51:43 AM »
not really my choice but my mom donated all of my Care Bears and Care Bear videos when i was a kid. one day i went looking for them and they were just gone. i think she just thought i was done with Care Bears and thought someone else would like them.

i can't remember what happened to most of my childhood LPS collection. i think i gave it to the kids who lived next door but i've never been able to remember for sure. i haven't been in contact with them since they moved so i'll never know for sure.

i also accidentally put Sugarberry's tail in with a lot of bait ponies i sold way back. Poor Sugarberry was sun bathing so i removed her tail and forgot it was in the box when i sold those ponies. She's been tailless ever since.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 07:35:22 AM »
Not MLP, but it still just irks me so much that my parents tossed it. My Care Bears toy box. It was the big one with multiple storage areas and had two sliding chalk boards. I actually begged and pleaded for it to not go as a teenager. Sad sad sad sad.  :sad:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 07:44:26 AM »
lol did 80s parents just hate Care Bears?
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 07:47:17 AM »
Not that I can recall.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 08:36:20 AM »
Not MLP but: Years ago my grandmother was going through things for a yard sale that she was offering to me first and had a cute teddy bear in a cup that grandpa had given her or maybe the other way around? (both are still alive, thank goodness) when they were younger. I normally would gladly keep those sorts of things but I had a brief moment of, nah, that was special to them, I want it to go to completely unrelated parties to make new memories with...and I still think about it every now and then. :(

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 08:47:59 AM »
Nothing pony, I don't think. I did end up donating a Kacheek plush and then got back into Neopets years later, I do regret now. :(

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 08:54:14 AM »
Not MLP related but I had a big bag full of stuffed animals that was moved to my grandmother's storage facility when I was living with her. Had things like my Popple, Wish Bear Care Bear, Spirit and Rain beanies, a little pink bear an aunt gave me when I was born, plushies of Scamp and Angel from Lady and the Tramp 2.....and when she cleared out the storage facility that whole bag of plushies was accidentally donated. She felt so bad about it. Couldn't really be mad at her though much as I miss those plushies because she did innumerable things for me my entire life. I do have a photo of those plushies at least from before they were taken to that storage facility so that's good at least.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 10:27:10 AM »
When I was new to collecting in the late 90's, we didn't have all of the resources we have now for IDing accessories. I mean, back then it was a big deal when the seller even had pictures in their eBay listing, that's what time period we're talking about here.

Anyway, I received a Eyelash Princess cape and crown, plus a Secret Surprise plastic heart bracelet in one of the big G1 lots I bought off of eBay. You know how accessories in random secondhand pony lots are-- there's usually at least a few non-pony accessories mixed in. Since I had never seen these particular accessories before, I assumed they weren't MLP and threw them away. And back then, I couldn't just snap a quick picture on my phone and ask on Facebook or something, because yeah, none of that existed yet. Digital cameras were thousands of dollars and during this time the hot spot for collectors was the newsgroup alt.toys.my-little-pony or the Ponypeople email list. Yes, I'm THAT old, haha.

Years later when we all started to put together more information online I realized what I had done and I wanted to cry... especially that Secret Surprise necklace! Those are so hard to find now. And no wonder with people like me just throwing them out...

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 11:03:54 AM »
I SOMEHOW donated my copy of The Silver Brumby Series 1 on DVD  :cry: I don;t know how it happened!!!

I regret donating a ton of books when I thought I was emigrating, including crime books a late family member bought me, but that's not the point of the thread

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 03:22:25 PM »
I kept most of my childhood MLP brushes/combs in a Happy Meal bucket (McDonald's used to give out buckets for Halloween and Easter instead of toys).  I think I kept most of my pony ribbons in there too.  There was a time when I sure I'd never be in to ponies again and I got rid of all of the contents of the bucket. If I had realized, then that I would one day love ponies again I would have kept them.  I have a few brushes/combs that survived but not many. 

I also regret getting rid of my Lullabye Nursery even though it was broken. I wish so much that I had kept it now.  I also gave 2 ponies away to a little girl. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 07:05:43 PM »
my older sister accidentally donated the toy box that held both her and my entire pony collection cause we thought it was in a different container, she now wishes she went with her gut feeling and opened that toy box before sending it off to donate. cause it also had her barbie and cabbage patch dolls in there along with some transformers
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 08:58:46 PM »
Nothing pony, I don't think. I did end up donating a Kacheek plush and then got back into Neopets years later, I do regret now. :(

Yep same. With CD cases, though, one Uni and one Gelert, I figured that since CDs were obsolete I didn't need them anymore! HA!

Oh, plus, two 2005 Furbies that the Internet convinced me were possessed. 20 odd years later, I finally got myself a replacement for my gray-blur gal Angel (how I remembered the name I gave her that long ago is beyond me) but sadly not for the black-white one. Y'all probably don't know but the 2005 ones are typically much more expensive than the originals from the 90's.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2022, 09:54:40 AM »
I think that one of my childhood Petite Ponies accidentally ended up in my sales bin and got sold at the 2013 or 2014 Pony Fair. I've moved twice since then and scoured every pony box and never found her. :(

I sold my Raquel FSF, a Keyper, and a few other random horse toys on eBay around 2003-04. The lot sold for $1.99. :( I fulfilled the sale and sent it, but I really wish I hadn't sold them.

I also sold a ton of my toys in a yard sale around that time because my husband (then-boyfriend) kept telling me that I had too much stuff to move when we found a place to rent together. I got rid of things that I *thought* I was ready to part with. My entire LPS collection - including complete Beethoven and Sea World sets (I did keep the Zoo and ponies), even though I still find random pieces at my parents' house when I go over there and go through boxes. My BSC books, a lot of my Lisa Frank craft kits, and two plushies that I really, really miss and would have no idea how to find replacements now. I can't remember the brand. They were just a random matching gray and white kitten and puppy that came from Hills department store in the '90s.

ETA: It was when I realized how much I missed those things that I put my foot down and told him not to ever talk about how much stuff I had or try to tell me what to do. Our home is mostly tidy, not dirty, and I mostly know what I have kept. I keep what I want and sell what I don't want. It's not hurting him. (Is that hoarder mentality? Maybe. I worry myself sometimes.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 09:58:35 AM by starbritesprinkles »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal