collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Magical World discussion (3DS game)  (Read 7332 times)

Sarah Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
Disney Magical World discussion (3DS game)
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »
We have Pokemon and Animal Crossing threads, and I know Disney is a hot topic around here.. so I thought I'd make this thread. :)

So - let's talk ! Who's got the game, and how are you enjoying it so far ?

Here's links to some AR cards you can scan in for SO MANY new things. :D

Link 1
http://magic-castle-mhl.namco-ch.net/dlc/ar.html

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Magical World discussion (3DS game)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:38:46 AM »
I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread... I really, really want to hear about this game, even if it's still without a release date over here!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 10:26:35 AM »
Disney really isn't my thing so I doubt I'll be getting it.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Sarah Jo

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:07:47 PM »
I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread... I really, really want to hear about this game, even if it's still without a release date over here!

It's really awesome ! I bought it on release day so this is my 5th day of playing. The food and clothes you can make are endlessly cute. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer ! :)

I only have a couple small naysays, and one bigger one. Compared to Animal Crossing - the music seems so short (before it loops) and just not very special. And the graphics look so pixelly at times. I really feel like New Leaf looks so much smoother and prettier.. Might just be me, though ? My big naysay is the lack of Lion King and Tangled - mostly Lion King, because that would've added some really cool variety. (more animal characters and an African theme)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:14:44 PM by Sarah Jo »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »
I am really liking the game so far. I haven't gotten to play as much as some have but I do like it. I think in the long run it will end up being one of my favorite 3DS games released in the States. I couldn't believe it when it was announced it was going to be released into English. I thought it would never make it to our shores.

I am hoping to get more play time in tonight.

Oh, and I know a lot of people compare it to Animal Crossing. While it does have some traits of Animal Crossing (real time, clothing, collecting items, some customization, villagers, etc), I think it's more of a Disney-like Rune Factory game, if you want the truth.  Which is definitely good by me, because I love that series.

I too was surprised and disappointed at the lack of Lion King. It would have made a really awesome world! The African theme would have been awesome.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »

It's really awesome ! I bought it on release day so this is my 5th day of playing. The food and clothes you can make are endlessly cute. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer ! :)

I only have a couple small naysays, and one bigger one. Compared to Animal Crossing - the music seems so short (before it loops) and just not very special. And the graphics look so pixelly at times. I really feel like New Leaf looks so much smoother and prettier.. Might just be me, though ? My big naysay is the lack of Lion King and Tangled - mostly Lion King, because that would've added some really cool variety. (more animal characters and an African theme)
Thank you for that! It's such a shame about the lack of Lion King though - Since they've pretty much ignored it in Disney Infinity (minus a Pride Rock decoration), I was hoping they'd include it here :(

Are there any traces of other classic Disney movies? Oliver and Company, Aristocats, Fox & the Hound, Pinocchio, etc.?

I really wish Nintendo would drop the region blocking on their consoles. Right now all I can do is hope they release it over here.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »
The region blocking was a horrible choice. I miss being able to import games, and I feel for those of you who want DMW and can't get it. :(

I'd totally import the two Bella Sara games from Europe if there wasn't a region block. I want them SO BAD.
My Wishlist

Sarah Jo

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 03:28:32 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one sore about no Lion King ! I also agree that while it has some small similarities to Animal Crossing, it's definitely not AC Disney-fied.

One of the AR cards in the links I posted gives you a Marie and Pinnochio outfit ! And in Japan they have a Marie-themed download content pack - it has better make it over here. I'm sure it will since some of the content already has been released ! Aristocats is one of my favorite Disney movies ! Nothing for any of the other ones you listed, though

Here's a link to the download content released in Japan if anyone's curious !
http://magic-castle-mhl.namco-ch.net/dlc/dlc.html

So far the major characters, the ones you can interact with, that I know of are these.. (under spoiler tag in case it bothers anyone)

Spoiler
Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Carpet, Genie
Alice, Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter, The March Hare
Cinderella, Prince, Fairy Godmother
Pooh, Rabbit, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger, Owl
Chip 'n Dale
Donald and Daisy Duck
Scrooge McDuck
Huey, Dewey, Louie
Pete
Goofy
Mickey and Minnie
Pluto
Lilo and Stitch
Jack Sparrow (assuming the download pack makes it here)
Marie (I think she joins the game, I'm really not sure, and again - assuming it's released here)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:40:11 PM by Sarah Jo »

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 04:09:02 PM »
The region blocking was a horrible choice. I miss being able to import games, and I feel for those of you who want DMW and can't get it. :(

I'd totally import the two Bella Sara games from Europe if there wasn't a region block. I want them SO BAD.
Aw man, that's a shame too :(
Region locking wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't so many country-exclusive games out there. I once read an article on why Nintendo were sticking so firmly with region locking, but everything they said in it... Didn't really make much sense. Although I basically translated it as 'We want to make sure you (UK/EU/AUS/etc.) don't get games cheaper'.  :huh:

Glad I'm not the only one sore about no Lion King ! I also agree that while it has some small similarities to Animal Crossing, it's definitely not AC Disney-fied.

One of the AR cards in the links I posted gives you a Marie and Pinnochio outfit ! And in Japan they have a Marie-themed download content pack - it has better make it over here. I'm sure it will since some of the content already has been released ! Aristocats is one of my favorite Disney movies ! Nothing for any of the other ones you listed, though

Here's a link to the download content released in Japan if anyone's curious !
http://magic-castle-mhl.namco-ch.net/dlc/dlc.html

So far the major characters, the ones you can interact with, that I know of are these.. (under spoiler tag in case it bothers anyone)

Spoiler
Scrooge McDuck
The character I've left in the spoiler tag is reason enough for me to want this game badly now D:

And thanks for the info and that link. Some of that DLC is just amazing! Here's hoping the US do some great DLC too (Lion King, please?). I know Japan are obsessed with Marie and not so much TLK. I really will be bitterly disappointed if they don't bring this to Europe, though.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 05:49:19 PM »
I just purchased the downloadable content. It's nice to find a game for once that I feel the investment is worth it. The items are super cute!

So I played some more tonight. It sucked me in for a while. Sadly, bed time is coming upon me, and my 3DS needed a charging.

Actually, there is so much to do in the game that I am starting to get a bit overwhelmed, but in a good way! I don't know what to do first. Not like there is a time constraint or anything. This game will last a while, and that is good. I need a game like that. The next game I really want doesn't come out until June.....Tomodachi Life. I have a feeling that's gonna be another winner.
My Wishlist

Sarah Jo

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »
I hope it comes to Europe too.. I think it'd be really stupid and unfair if it doesn't. :(

Actually, there is so much to do in the game that I am starting to get a bit overwhelmed, but in a good way! I don't know what to do first. Not like there is a time constraint or anything. This game will last a while, and that is good. I need a game like that. The next game I really want doesn't come out until June.....Tomodachi Life. I have a feeling that's gonna be another winner.

I get overwhelmed too ! I usually have 5 things going on at once.  "And now I gotta do this *runs across Castleton* and now that ! *runs back across Castleton*". Heh.

Tomadachi Life !! Can't wait ! That's the one I'm super amazed we're getting.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:11:12 PM by Sarah Jo »

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »
I ordered it on Amazon and got it a few days ago.  Yesterday was the first day I put in several hours of gameplay, and I have to say that I really like it so far!  Thanks for the AR links, I'll be looking at those as soon as I get home. 

I just like that there are so MANY different things to do.  I'm loving it so far.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
And here I thought I would be the only adult playing this game, lol! I like it so far, but frustrated because I always seem limited to what I can do. Sure, I have a dozen quests to complete-- but I'm not at a high enough level to access them, and good luck trying to find a task I can finish in order to level up! And I have all these awesome outfit recipes (Peter Pan!!!) but I can't yet access the items I need to make them :(

But hey aside from that, it's pretty fun

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Sarah Jo

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 05:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the AR links, I'll be looking at those as soon as I get home. 

I just like that there are so MANY different things to do.  I'm loving it so far.

You're very welcome ! Glad we're getting more players talking here. :D I know what you mean - I'm usually trying to juggle around 4 things at once in this game. But it's so fun !

I like it so far, but frustrated because I always seem limited to what I can do. Sure, I have a dozen quests to complete-- but I'm not at a high enough level to access them, and good luck trying to find a task I can finish in order to level up!

Uh oh ! How many stickers do you have ? I haven't felt stuck yet, so far.. I actually usually feel a tiny bit overwhelmed because I feel like there's so much to do.

Just some pics from my game, hehe. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:47:51 PM by Sarah Jo »

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »
I have 40 so far.
 I want that darn Peter Pan outfitttt! :P

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal