collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93868 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1275 on: December 11, 2023, 04:43:12 PM »
@Ponyfan, maybe someone grabbed your Hot Pocket thinking it was theirs?

@BC i'm so sorry. I hope you find a way for her to stay in the home. it should be illegal to evict someone who can't live alone. was her stay in the home covered by medicare?

My complaint today is Texas is run by horrible, terrible people! :enraged:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 11, 2023, 06:33:05 PM »
BC, I'm so sorry!  :sad: How to make such a large amount of money by the end of December (or January?)?  :shrug:

---

Part of my left thigh is constantly numb and sometimes there is pain or tingling.. and it's annoying!  >_< I can't stand touching that area because it feels really disgusting, like it's not my own skin/thigh. I cannot stand or walk for long periods of time. I've had this problem for several years. :rolleyes: :whistle:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1277 on: December 11, 2023, 11:51:01 PM »
This isn't at all trivial but I need to somehow get four thousand dollars before the end of the month or they're going to evict my mom from the nursing home.

:dropjaw: I don't even know what to say. That is insane! I am so sorry!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1278 on: December 12, 2023, 12:08:26 AM »
This isn't at all trivial but I need to somehow get four thousand dollars before the end of the month or they're going to evict my mom from the nursing home.

What, why?!?  I'm so sorry, how dare they do that, especially around Christmas!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1279 on: December 12, 2023, 07:09:43 AM »
They are giving a 30 day notice. It all goes back to how she first went there after she broke her leg and was in rehab and insurance paid 100% of that. When she wasn't showing progress they moved her to the long term care wing, and she was supposed to pay around 1400 a month. We didn't know that and we didn't get a bill the first two months. So she's been behind those two months the whole time. They want it paid off. The reason it's 4,000 and not 2,800 is my fault for not paying a couple months when an emergency showed up.

I'll create a new topic about this in WYP.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 12, 2023, 12:42:13 PM »
They are giving a 30 day notice. It all goes back to how she first went there after she broke her leg and was in rehab and insurance paid 100% of that. When she wasn't showing progress they moved her to the long term care wing, and she was supposed to pay around 1400 a month. We didn't know that and we didn't get a bill the first two months. So she's been behind those two months the whole time. They want it paid off. The reason it's 4,000 and not 2,800 is my fault for not paying a couple months when an emergency showed up.

I'll create a new topic about this in WYP.
This is dreadful & I hope with all hope things are resolved!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 12, 2023, 09:41:37 PM »
I'm bleeding :crazy:. The birthcontrol I've been on for the past 13 years gave me the happy sideeffect of no period for all this time. 13 years periodfree! But now, I suddenly got my period :blink:. Luckily I had these lighter pads at home (I use them in my summershoes against footsweat) and at work there's free supplies of pads and tampoons. I don't know if this will be a heavy flow or just a drizzle but I am not happy! :rant: I also wonder why it has to happen now?! Is it all the stress?

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 13, 2023, 12:31:48 AM »
Beldarna, for what it’s worth my birth control is the same way and I had breakthrough bleeding last year when I was under a lot of stress. Once things stabilized though the bleeding went away again. Fingers crossed it is just the stress and you can go back to being period free soon!

My shift I work right now is going away next year. I really like the hours I work and the days off I have. :( There is a shift with the same hours and different days off, so I may try to get that. Otherwise the next closest shift has one random day where you have to start way earlier than the other days. I hate not having a consistent schedule so that would drive me nuts!

There is one part time shift that is 30 hours a week where you only have to work 3 days. I don’t think I can afford to go part time, but ugghhh what I wouldn’t give to have more days off. 2 days just doesn’t feel like enough time

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 13, 2023, 12:02:47 PM »
I’m here for a 4 day work week!! Shoooot.

I went to Safeway during lunch to buy a bag of onions on sale for 67cents (amongst other things on a good sale).

I go to self checkout, and the barcode doesn’t scan. The guy working the self checkout section manually enters it for $3.99. I explain that it’s on sale for 67 cents, and he says that it isn’t. Instead of arguing, I pay the amount, grab the store ad, and walk over to customer service where I explain that my bag of onions didn’t scan, so the gentleman had to manually enter it, but he entered the wrong amount.

Customer Service lady: Well did you clip the coupon?
Me: Yes, but the system wouldn’t know to apply the coupon when it had to manually be entered.
CS: You probably got the wrong thing.
Me: No, they’re the Signature Farms 3 lb bag as stated in the ad. (I show her the tag and the ad.)
CS: Well they’re probably not yellow onions.
Me: They’re yellow. The tag says. (Shows both again.)
CS: Maybe you got the organic ones on accident.
Me: Nope, I grabbed them from the display advertising they’re on sale for 67 cents, and no where on the tag does it say organic.
CS: (Looks closely at my receipt.) They’re not on here. He didn’t even charge you for them.
Me: Yes, he did. The last line says Produce $3.99. That’s how he entered it.
CS: *siiiiiigh* (Tries to scan the onions, and they don’t scan.) Huh, that’s weird. I guess I have to do it manually. Now how much did he charge you?
Me:  :argh:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 13, 2023, 03:46:21 PM »
@Beth,  I think that's what happened. I've been wondering if the person that took mine wondered why it tasted different.

I picked up a work assignment last night for tomorrow, but it got cancelled this morning. There were no special requirements listed and people can cancel assignments for any reason. 

I feel like the harder I try to get ahead, the further behind I get.  There are more details in my WYP post. 

I had a glow in the dark fidget spinner.  I picked it up today and a small sliver of metal came off and embedded in my finger deep enough to cut me. My mom also picked it up and she said a sliver came off when she handled it too.   I threw it away even though I loved it since it glowed in the dark.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1285 on: December 14, 2023, 04:38:49 AM »
BC, Pokey, those things sound horrible :/ The "You're the girl so it's your job" motif especially grates with me.

BC I hope something can be organised for your Mum :/

My complaint today is that I just had to rebuy a present for someone as the original seems to have got lost in the ether. If they both turn up I can probably get a refund on one but I decided not to risk waiting. Hopefully one will turn up before Christmas...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1286 on: December 14, 2023, 07:45:48 AM »
Whenever Windows does an update, something goes wrong. Each and every time. This time two USB ports stopped working. In Device Manager it says all of them "are working properly". No, I don't think so.

Until I can fix it or buy a USB hub (I'm broke), my keyboard is in the USB on top of the case and I had to unplug my camera. I can't use my microphone now either because there's no place for it to go.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 14, 2023, 07:47:53 AM »
I’m caught between a rock and a hard place. I feel like my boss sees things one way, and everyone else on the team sees things another way. (We were trained; they gave us a manual. VS. No, they didn’t train us; we don’t have time to figure out the manual.) I’m *supposed* to side with my boss, but I actually agree that we weren’t trained.

I feel like my options are: A) stand up to him (which would make my life a living hell and not actually accomplish anything), B) wing it and be dependent on him, or C) study the whole (long AF) manual so I have a leg up.

I’m definitely not going with A. I just can’t.
It’d suck to do B because I know it’d just be the blind leading the blind. He’ll just fudge it like he always does and act like he’s the expert.
The issue with C is that I’ll likely have to knock heads with him (because he SUCKS at reading comprehension and thinks he always knows best even when he clearly doesn’t). Also, when you go above and beyond, it tends to be expected of you. He’ll rely on me to study EVERY manual in the future and make others lean on me for everything. I’ve been in similar situations before, and it sucks.
:wonder: I’m considering studying the manual and just laying low and not talking about it. Now I need to figure out how to break up the manual into manageable chunks. I hope I’m capable and can absorb the content. I should be! It’s just a matter of accepting my decision, not getting myself worked up or overwhelmed, and DOING it. Wish me luck.  :read:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 14, 2023, 08:39:48 AM »
Minty_Magic kind of good to know. It seems to just be a drizzle but it's the third day now and I am getting sick of it! Blergh! I am sorry about your shift. We changed time tables this week for the next year and none is happy. Not us, not the commuters, not the travelers..

Yesterday we had the follow up appointment for Simba. As such, we again locked him in my ponyroom/office overnight from tuesday night to try to get a urine sample. I went to work very early and it was heartbreaking hearing him through the door when I left. He did end up pee somewhere in the room, but not in the box.. :shocked: My office reeked when I came home from work. Poor John had tried to locate it but failed. So I had to remove every piece of furniture and loose trinket from its place and look behind and under (and I have a lot of stuff! It's insane how much you can fit in a tiny room!) and mopped the floor. We had to go to the vet before I could find the spot. I left the window opened to get some fresh air in. When we came home I was exhausted and it still smelled so John said to leave it until today.

So today when I came home from work I had to take all the things out from my room and try to room it elsewhere. Then I mopped the floor. I think I was more thorough than a lab cleaner, changing water after just a square meter.. and I wetwiped every thing I had on the shelves. That mean the Dream Castle, my old dollhouse, the Pretty Parlor, every pony and Barbie doll and other childhood toys I had saved and stood on the open shelf. I wiped on files and magazines, I hand washed every piece of cloths, like baby Northstars blanket, the castles pink rug etc. I still could not see or feel an exact spot of pee, either wet or dry. But at least now it doesn't smell anymore and I have a room that has not been this clean since I moved in.. :shake:

And yeah, we did not get a urine sample so we don't know how it is with crystals, but the vet said as long as he does not show any symptoms we can take a raincheck on that.. >_<

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1289 on: December 15, 2023, 08:50:08 AM »
My mom always has to criticize what I eat. I told her I woke up and was a little nauseous this morning and right away she's asking what I ate. Yesterday I had some smoked salmon and then later apple and cheese slices. It wasn't even before I went to bed, it was hours earlier. But according to her I ate "heavy" and I should only eat broth. I honestly don't think it had anything to do with eating. I also woke up all sweaty and breathing hard, so maybe I had an apnea attack or something and that made me nauseous.

I'm just tired of her always telling me I'm eating the wrong thing, or asking "should you be eating that?" and if it's not because of the gastroparesis then it's because I'm dieting (I'm not really, I just don't have much of an appetite). And in the same conversation, asking me to make certain foods and bring them to her, like homemade fudge, tacos, soups, ice cream. Like, I'm not going to make this stuff and not eat it? Why would I do all the work to make tacos and not have any? I think tacos are "heavier" than an apple and cheese!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal