collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Halloween! What's Your Costume?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Halloween! What's Your Costume?
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:53:16 AM »
Title asks it all. I just found out I need a costume for work if I'm scheduled for the Halloween party, which I guess I'll need to confirm sooner than later. I hadn't put any thought into this previously so I have no ideas, and I don't think I can get away with going as myself.

So more importantly, what is everyone else wearing for work/parties/trick or treating?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:55:22 AM by aluke »

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Halloween! What's Your Costume?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:46:03 AM »
im going as celestia this year  :happy:
i usually go as rarity though

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:58:58 AM »
At my last job, I was scheduled to work a Halloween event where costumes were optional but encouraged (as long as you weren't wearing a mask). I didn't have time or money to put together an actual costume, but the uniform was a black event tshirt they gave us, with black pants. So I just paired that with a black cat-ears headband and then did my makeup. I didn't have money for a tail piece, lol, otherwise I would have gotten one of those as well.

Another year, back when I worked at a childcare center, I dressed as Punky Brewster (from seasons 1 & 2) - I just got a colorblock sweatshirt from a thrift shop, tied a bandana around one knee, and wore two differently colored Chuck Taylors. I got a skate key really cheap at an antique shop, wore it as a necklace, and put my hair in pigtails. Voila - Punky Brewster! I mean of course the kids had no clue who I was, lol, but some of the parents enjoyed it.  :lol:

So I guess it really just depends on how simple you want to keep it, unless you're expected to do something more like an actual costume, in which case, you could still find something that would be relatively easy to throw together (like Punky was for me).  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:47:07 AM »
I'm probably going to throw together something from my past costumes this year. So it's looking like fox, cat, or possibly Wednesday Addams.

clonecommander

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:29:59 AM »
I have a full suit of Phase I Clone trooper armor that is based off of one of my OCs from my writing. I have to fabricate a few more parts for it to be complete, I don't have any reference images for the Dark Horse Comics style ARC Trooper, but the armor itself is nearly done. The whole torso piece needs to be remade as it is still cardboard and fabric, not L-200 like the rest of it. I also need to make the command plaudron/collar piece as well as the armor piece that fits over the right forearm armor. But it is nearly done..... and I'm running out of time to fix and fabricate what needs to be made. I have not made anymore modifications, but I got one of those Hasbro Star Wars Nerf blasters, and my mom finally got a legitimate lightsaber for her Jedi costume. No pics of that sadly.

The character's name is Eli, who was temporarily is given the rank of ARC Commander to cover for his commanding officer who was MIA at the time. The photo is from the convention I went to in June.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
Id love to see it when its done^^

Probably just the standard witch hat for me--ill be on candy duty :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 11:51:17 AM »
@cannibalism- Pony is always a good costume! Celestia must be a fun change with her colourful mane.

@ClawleenMeowlen-Oh, those both sound really creative, I love those thrown together outfits! They always look amazing without the giant price tag, and is always more creative/personal.

@duenia- You can go as 'kitty' Addams?  :lol: Either option you choose sounds like it would be great.

@clonecommander- Woah! That already looks amazing!  :drunk: I'd love to see more pictures as you spruce it up.

@melodys_angel- That is my usual choice of costume too, simple is easiest.  :lol:

cannibalism

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 01:33:50 PM »
yes,  I am excited to dress up at her.  I usually wear rarity to conventions and stuff,  and usually get very positive attention.  Celestia will be a nice addition to my con repertoire

BryteStar

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 12:38:17 AM »
Give me half a chance to wear a costume and I'll take it! :biggrin: Needless to say I love Halloween! For the last 2 years I've gone as a unicorn; the first year white and rainbow and the second year white and pink.

This year my cousin got married on October 5th and had a Hallowedding where they encouraged everyone to dress up, so I went as a butterfly fairy! I LOVE that costume, it's very blue and sparkly and I have big wings plus a rainbow butterfly mask. I was going to wear it to school this year (college, ha.) but we're not allowed to wear masks on campus and the wings are quite large...they'd be a pain to commute with and deal with in classrooms.

So...unicorn it is again! But tonight...I couldn't find my darn white thermals that make up the "fur" of my uni! argh!  :stressed: So some quick flipping through my closet led me to improvise a black and pink punk unicorn that I think will actually be pretty cute! Here's hoping!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 12:48:31 AM »
Jem! Mine was suuuuper last minute, threw it together in 6 hours before the party. I had a long pink wig, I knew they sell Jem and the Holograms earrings at Barnes and Noble so I went and hoped they still had them half a year later and they did. Ran to the mall and found a cute clearance pink dress for $10, got some nice pink makeup, put on some pink shoes and voila. It was so fun!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

theamazingfetus

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 04:12:37 AM »
I'm probably just going to laze around all day in pajamas because I'll have the house to my self.

I know, I know, it's *that one of the year*, right? Well, I'm a goth... so really, every day is like halloween for me...

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 10:13:45 AM »
A homicidal maniac.  They look like everyone else.  (I work at home and today get off at 5!!!)  I did find a bright orange long sleeved T for handing out candy.  Gonna have to confine the little black kitten as he is FAST!!!!  Funny little Luna...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 03:56:42 PM »
I don't have any costumes. I realized it might have been fun to dress up for my music department's Halloween party, but I don't have the money to buy costumes. =(

|My Collection|

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »
How about black pants plus a white shirt under a black shirt, and then cut a spooky face out of the black shirt?

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »
A bat.  ^.^ and my sister is going as totoro~

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal