collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney introduces Princess Elena!  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
Re: Disney introduces Princess Elena!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »
I'm really glad they're finally creating a Hispanic-inspired princess. The show looks pretty promising and having latinos at the helm doesn't hurt one bit, especially if they're going to address traditions and designs inspired in the lovely and ridiculously diverse cultures of latin america.

When I first saw her design I thought "mmm she looks really spanish but darker-skinned" in these new images she does look very latin american.

I think I'll give the show a watch :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 02:22:08 PM »
I watched it last night and really liked it! I love the winged kitty! And Kenai will NEED a plushie of the spirit wolf whenever they make one.

I hope they do a prequel movie too. I felt like they were showing a quick recap of what was on before. There was far too much jammed into those first couple minutes.

I was at the Disney Store today and found a Elena shirt big enough to fit me!

sailorstitch

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 01:14:36 AM »
I just finished watching this. Like others have said, the back story felt really rushed and I would really wish Disney would have done a back story movie as the premiere instead of a two episode format.  It felt like "I got trapped in the amulet, I got out and saved everyone and now let's start the show."

Wasn't the original concept behind this that Sofia was supposed to free Elena from the amulet of Avalor? I was disappointed that it wasn't really shown and it leaves more questions than answers about Sofia's amulet. How did King Roland get the amulet of Avalor? Is Princess Elena still trapped inside when Sofia has it? Is Elena living in the same time period as Sofia or is this supposed be taking place before Sofia has the amulet?

It looks like there is going to be a Sofia the first episode explaining how Sofia freed Elena from the amulet, but I really think this should have been shown first instead of after the two episode one.

I do like Elena as a character but not sure if this is something I would watch on a regular basis.

There is already some negative feedback on Disney Junior's Facebook page about airing the two episode series before explaining everything with the amulet.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:45:27 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 08:19:43 AM »
I've seen some parts of the show, and I'm not sure I want to watch much of it (maybe a few episodes), but I did see the doll at Disney and I want it so bad!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »
I like the idea of it- and she is cute although she looks a lot like Jasmine?

Still I bet her doll will be super cute.  It would have been even nicer if she were curvy but I guess that is still too much to hope for.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »
I tried watching the first episode.  I like Elena and her sister (who's name escapes me.)  I also liked the mythical incorporation, but I just wasn't in the mood to get involved, I think.  I may give it another try within the next couple of weeks.

As others have noted, the writers skipping through how Elena got out of the amulet was annoying.  They rushed through the whole painting/amulet/battle explanation. 

There is supposed to be a Princess Sophia/Princess Elena movie coming up this fall entitled "Elena and the Secret of Avalor."  (according to wikipedia.)  I think that will better explain how Elena ended up in the amulet and how Sophia figures it out and rescues her.  It certainly seems like they intended to show that movie first, but production flipped what ended up appearing on Disney first.  :)

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 07:19:40 PM »
I agree. Disney must have meant to air the Sofia movie first but something got switched at the last minute. In the newest Sofia episodes her amulet is pink instead of purple and there was a promo running that said something like "Coming this summer Sofia finds out.." with a scene of Sofia and the amulet sparkling. I assume that scene is from the movie where she frees Elena.

Ponyfan

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 05:59:01 PM »
It's a neat concept and it gives girls of Spanish origin to have a princess of their ethnicity or race, not sure which is correct.  She sort of reminds me of Esmerelda from Hunchback of Notre Dame.  I know she is a Gypsy but I mean the dark hair and the medium complexion.  I saw what I think premiered the series and it appeared on Disney Junior I think and it almost seems like a Sophia The First thing.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »
I found a new toy version of Sofia's amulet at Walmart today and it has her and Princess Elena inside it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:04:58 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »
Disney Junior has said that Elena and the Secret of Avalor will air on November 20th at 7pm Eastern time.  We'll finally get to see how Sofia helped Elena. :)

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal