collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking for a good quality cheap mp3 player. Any suggestions?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
Re: Looking for a good quality cheap mp3 player. Any suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
The one Wrenn linked to would be ideal for battery life. Looks like the LCD screen can only display a handful of colours, so it won't be rendering album art of have anything else that'll eat away at the battery. It's only 4GBs, but there's an 8GB model. I'm sure Apple people will say 'but you can't fit all of your songs on it!', great. I don't need or want to carry 500 records everywhere go, no one does.

All you'll need to hook it up to your car is a stereo with an auxiliary input, and a headphone extender. Don't buy the 'MP3 car stereo adapter cable' at a store, it's just a 1/8" male to 1/8" male headphone cable, they're not worth $10-15. Buy one at RadioShack and save yourself a few bucks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
I've used a Creative Zen before and it was excellent.  Highly recommend.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
My first MP3 player was a creative Zen, haha. Hot pink!

Then I sold it to a guy on eBay... who wanted a hot pink one. XD He emailed me after he got it and complimented my music choices!

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
I too have a Creative Zen before this. I loved it to death and brought it everywhere I went. It even does video and runs three days before the battery dies. It's not as thin or elegant as an iPod, but then, it actually had a tiny hard disk in it.

However, if you'd like something less mainstream, look into Archos or iRiver. They also make MP3 players. Both may be better as well since they support the OGG Vorbis audio format which Creative and Apple doesn't.

And if you own a cellphone that accepts memory cards, chances are there's already MP3 playback built in. Just couple a high capacity memory card and a bluetooth headset to it and off you go!

I'm sure Apple people will say 'but you can't fit all of your songs on it!', great. I don't need or want to carry 500 records everywhere go, no one does.
OT, but well, believe it or not, my entire music collection weighs in at only 3.3GB. Then again, I only have enough CDs to fill up one drawer and a small box, since I'm the type who likes buying CDs and them ripping them myself. I have very few downloaded music, I only download because the songs I'm after are not sold in stores anymore or is only available online.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:28:58 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal