collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Using acetone  (Read 3228 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Using acetone
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2021, 05:44:19 PM »
Purple is so very unstable. It would have only been a matter of time that the color would probably have completely leeched out. You just sped it up a bit... I've had red dye completely rub off with just water and kleenex on TE Bright Eyes and Baby Rainribbon. Yup, TE Bright Eyes, who did not look reddish at all prior to cleaning.
:scared: The mind boggles!!!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2021, 11:19:08 AM »
Purple is so very unstable. It would have only been a matter of time that the color would probably have completely leeched out. You just sped it up a bit... I've had red dye completely rub off with just water and kleenex on TE Bright Eyes and Baby Rainribbon. Yup, TE Bright Eyes, who did not look reddish at all prior to cleaning.

Oh, wow!!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2021, 11:27:17 AM »

Agreed. I've wiped the purple right off of Seashell and TE Sky Rocket before, using nothing but water. >_<

Snowdrop is a new one to me though. IME yellow ponies are relatively stable. :huh: I guess you can never be too careful. Acetone is usually a method of last resort for me anyway, but thanks for the heads-up, applejackbunny!

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2021, 01:12:55 PM »
Agreed. I've wiped the purple right off of Seashell and TE Sky Rocket before, using nothing but water. >_<

Snowdrop is a new one to me though. IME yellow ponies are relatively stable. :huh: I guess you can never be too careful. Acetone is usually a method of last resort for me anyway, but thanks for the heads-up, applejackbunny!

You're most welcome!  :)

I shouldn't say it, but it's gratifying to hear that some others have had issues with purple pony dye coming off - at least I know I'm not alone!  :lol:

But yeah, I think it probably pays to always test a small area under a hoof before using any strong substance on a pony, even if you have never had an issue before. (And, in light of the last two posts, even water apparently!  :blink:)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2021, 10:26:41 AM »
Wow, I've never had this happen before. I've used 90-100% acetone with no troubles, even on a purply Up Up & Away.

could there be a difference between US and UK batches?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2021, 12:22:50 PM »
Wow, I've never had this happen before. I've used 90-100% acetone with no troubles, even on a purply Up Up & Away.

could there be a difference between US and UK batches?

I've used acetone on Up Up and Away with zero issues too. The only ponies I've ever experienced this happening with are the two I mentioned: Sweet/Singing Pocket - which is both a US and UK release, and Snowdrop.

I'm really not sure and I'm very surprised more ppl haven't experienced it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal