collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow High?  (Read 33778 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Rainbow High?
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2023, 03:28:06 PM »
Michelle has such a pretty expression, but her hair is too short for me to play with and I feel like the colour has already been done with previous dolls. I'm looking forward to seeing them in Smyths when they arrive, though...see which one grabs me IRL. I like Victoria and Kim from the photos, but you can never tell just from those.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2023, 01:29:05 PM »
I just saw them too!  I ended up getting a 2nd Victoria as she has the partial eyebrows I like.  Plus, a freckle on the end of her nose.  I didn't get any of the others... yet.  I think they all look really good.

Michelle looks amazing but I don't like how hard it was for them paint the teeth in.  I want to get rid of it.  I just don't know how yet.  I don't have any orange dolls and I like her.  But I can wait for a sale.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 01:30:46 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2023, 04:36:27 PM »
I've seen the new series in stores a couple of times now and I don't know if it's just me or the way the dolls turned out this time, but my opinions have changed a little on them.

I love Victoria in photos and promo images, but when I see her in person, it feels like something is missing.  Kim calls out to me more although I still want Victoria too. Pink is my favorite color, but Pricilla doesn't wow me.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2023, 08:17:48 PM »
This new series is so gorgeous! I have to admit none that are grabbing me enough to buy but I am admiring from afar. I really like the blue & green girls. I may someday break for the blue girl, what's holding me back is her outfit- I hate it.
Victoria's also beautiful but she looks too close to two other dolls I have so I don't think I'll be getting her.
I do not like the boys & they all look the same to me, just recolored. Well. I mean they are, they all have the same mould lol.

So.... that thing I said about having all the ones I wanted?
Yeah. That was a lie. To myself. XD
I mean, was it a lie if I *thought* I was telling the truth?

So Eliza & Karla snuck into my collection... Eliza I did honestly always want but kept convincing myself I didn't because she 1) Looked very similar to Natasha, and because of how similar plenty of these dolls are, I really wanted to avoid having any too close to each other, & 2) I hated the text on her dress & the fact her wings were just a costume piece, not real.
However, oh dearie me, I've managed to overcome it and hoard even *more* dolls. XD And they are *gorgeous* I love them so much. And once you see her in person, Eliza is different enough from Natasha to still be very interesting. Her entire body is a pearlescent, silvery blue. @.@

My boyfriend was at Target & asked if I needed anything, I sent two pics of Karla & Jewel & asked if he'd poke his head in the dolls to look for them. They only had Karla, & shortly after, Jewel sold out where I had her bookmarked online, so it wasn't meant to be! But that's okay, I really prefer Shadow High and want to try & keep my Rainbow High to the very minimum, only ones I feel I *need.* XD

Last thing, I wanted to show I got my Lila a real yukata! Her outfit was... Nice... But it wasn't what I wanted for her.
I put the clothes she was wearing on G3 Drac, though I don't know if I'll keep them on her. I was dying to put them on Harajuku Lovers' Music but they're too damn skinny and even trying to rubber-band things in place was futile. XD So she got a yukata as well. So did Monster Exchange Drac, I actually bought all 3 specifically for these dolls! I had been thinking how I'd love to have some doll yukatas, because I have one for myself & adore it, & like two days after I had that thought, someone on the Monster High subReddit posted that they were handmaking & selling all these yukatas.

Wait, did I say just Eliza & Karla? Oh my, I must've forgotten some of those creepy little Poopsies crawled in behind them...
Send help. XD
I actually hate baby dolls, but these grabbed me because 1) they're in the RH/SH universe, 2) I'm obsessed with fairies & mermaids & I LOVED these two's designs so much that I was able to look past the fact they're babies. With buttholes. That fart glitter. & they will puke glitter if you take those pacifiers out- yes I got puked on. Absolutely wild. They smell like candy. I took a peek at the rest of them and am very positive no more at all will be allowed in... XD I know my track record on that, but *really* this time I swear. XD But I like these ones. (the bf does NOT! lmao)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 08:46:00 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2023, 10:22:27 AM »
Your collection looks so nice together like that, Esbayne. I love the yukata!  Rainbow high is amazing for suiting so many different tastes.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2023, 01:51:01 PM »
The new range haven't shown up here yet so I can't pass judgement on any of them, but the photos look pretty.

Still cross with either MGA or toy stores in the UK that the costume dolls aren't sold here. It's approximatly £50-60 to get any of them and that's as cheap as you can get. So I don't have any of them. Sigh.

...I did debox my Vanessa. I had to get her from the States as well, also not sold here. I snapped one up when Amazon.com had a mega sale before Christmas, I think her shipping cost more than she did. She was well worth it, though.

On the new SH dolls. I have Monique and I have Glitch now (she's in her box still. I have stuff to do to her but haven't yet had time!) I didn't think much of Karla in photos but in person she's very pretty. I am trying to be restrained, though.

I'm thinking of trying to make an outfit for my poor Phaedra, who came here with no clothing and is currently borrowing stuff which semi-suits her and semi doesn't. Uma's spare skirt looks great on her, but I have no really appropriate colour tops.

I love the yukata! My Lila's hair was down when I got her (I wanted her like that), so I restyled her. If I got her a yukata, I'd be tempted to restyle her again, mind you. Although I won't lie...I'd quite like hakama or a junihitoe type thing as well. I'm now wanting to do a Tomoe Gozen recreation, and Lila is definitely not a suitable candidate, not unless I wanted to do a full reroot (spare me o.O).

For now I'll stick to giving Glitch chains.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2023, 03:32:29 PM »
Lila looks wonderful in a yukata.  :)

I bought Kim today.  I'm still planning on getting Victoria also.

Ponyfan

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2023, 02:43:05 PM »
@Flitter, unfortunately like ponies, one becomes two and two becomes three very easily ;)
You were right  :lol:
I ended up keeping both versions of Jade (though I do slightly favor Winter Break if I REALLY had to choose only one)
but my real fail is that I got Luna for a decent price, only intending to keep her 2nd outfit, but she is TOO CUTE!
I've never liked dolls with unnatural skintones, but Luna just is adorable.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2023, 01:52:12 AM »
I am with Esbayne on the fact I like SH mostly better, although I do like the RH ones as well.

I still have Glitch sitting in her box since before my birthday. I've had so much going on I haven't had a chance to fix up her hair with the chains and clips I have for her yet :/

The newest RH line are not here yet, still. I am debating taking Meena down from the shelf and doing something different with her hair. She was the first one I had and I was a little afraid to do anything at first...but I do enjoy messing around with the hair.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2023, 06:52:59 PM »
Walmart is starting to put the new Rainbow High dolls out.  Hopefully I can get Victoria soon.

Ponyfan

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2023, 08:17:30 PM »
I am brand, BRAND new to the Rainbow/Shadow High collecting. It all started with Novi Stars, the only dolls I've ever collected. Zooey has Novi Stars themed accessories and I thought I'd get her for my Novi Stars/space themed spot on top of my desk. (Her cute NASA-style jacket!) But I fell down this rabbit hole watching collectors restyling their RH dolls' hair and now I am already in DEEP.

I own several dolls now. I want to give them hair restyles and also try making some clothes. I have already spent a ridiculous amount of money in a short amount of time and I LOVE them so much. The more dolls I learn about, the more I am adding to my want list. Currently, my favorite is Victoria. She is so beautiful, like a fairy. I adore her freckles and the lip paint on her.

But so many of the dolls are absolutely stunning. I am now cleaning out some of my other collections to make room for them. I've gone thrifting a few times in hopes of finding any secondhand that I could do some reroots on, but no luck yet.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 07:15:58 AM by TimeDance »

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2023, 10:00:27 AM »
Congrats on your new dolls, TimeDance! I've also tried thrifting for them but no luck.  I don't think kids are ready to give theirs up yet.

It's been a bit boring lately waiting to see news of new releases.  Obviously, there are plenty of dolls out there but it kind made my day to see upcoming ones.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2023, 07:16:39 AM »
Congrats on your new dolls, TimeDance! I've also tried thrifting for them but no luck.  I don't think kids are ready to give theirs up yet.

It's been a bit boring lately waiting to see news of new releases.  Obviously, there are plenty of dolls out there but it kind made my day to see upcoming ones.

Yes! LOL I completely agree I want to see what new stuff is coming out. My wallet doesn't want to see it, but I do. Even though there are plenty of dolls still on the shelf I want. I am making myself slow down because I have been buying so many in such a short amount of time. Maybe one doll a paycheck, unless there's a clearance or something.

I really like to see what the collections look like of collectors who only get the dolls they like and aren't completionists. I like seeing which dolls "spoke to them" and made them want to get them.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2023, 10:51:49 AM »
I haven't dared to go to Smyths lately, since I still haven't done Glitch's hair and I'm trying to be measured with these.

I did see Priscilla in the Entertainer mind you.

I don't have space to be completionist, nor the spare cash, so I'm picking and choosing and being quite strict on myself overall. I like to restyle the hair too, though. I deliberately bought a loose Lila with her hair down so that I could do that, since I didn't want to take down her braids.

I still can't work out what to do with Sheryl's hair. I keep getting her down and brushing her out but never settle on anything, and back on the shelf she goes...

Doing Harper's hair has been the most rewarding so far, but I am still intending on putting the chains and stuff in Glitch's hair. I have just got so distracted...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2023, 06:49:51 PM »
I haven't posted pics in this thread for a while, but I also just collect the dolls I like. :) There are a few I like, but don't have as they're a little more expensive than I'm willing to pay for them.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal