collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1/6 MALE DOLLFIES!?  (Read 1198 times)

CinnamonSatin

• Trade Count: (0)
1/6 MALE DOLLFIES!?
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »
I have an idea to make a B.J.D. of one of my favorite anime characters (a tall, skinny male). I want to buy a 1/6 Dollfie body to make him. But, I can't find exactly what I want for sale online! On the American Volks website, most male bodies are discontinued, the Japanese website doesn't ship the male body I want overseas, and the only thing I can ever find online actually for sale are the Super Dollfies or Dollfie Dreams!

If anyone knows how to find a 1/6 scale male Dollfie,  or owns one, please, please help me...

I am especially looking to buy a NEW-EB N body, but I don't mind other types.

I don't mean to be a nag. I just really want to make a doll of this character...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: 1/6 MALE DOLLFIES!?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:29:44 AM »
*passes you a piggy bank*  Anything discontinued will appear on the secondhand market, but your wallet has to be ready.  :)  Also maybe try joining up at Den of Angels.  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

CinnamonSatin

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
Thank you!

Sol28

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »
Obitsu has 27cm boy bodies. Have you checked those out?

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:39:58 PM »
Den of Angels won't be a good resource for the 22-27 cm Dollfies, as they are off topic there (they focus mainly on resin, elastic strung BJDs). I agree with Sol28, Obitsu is probably your best bet for a male, customizable 1/6 scale doll like what you're looking for.
Here's one on the Volks International site: https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0040&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&jancd=4518992331393

Junkyspot is in the US and sells lots of Obitsu bodies: http://www.junkyspot.com/obindex.html
Scroll down for the male bodies. Good luck finding a doll to customize & post a pic when you finish him :) I love 1/6 customs!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Lon-san

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
This is something that drives me crazy. Obitsu's regular man body is beefy and action figure-like and their Slim is sort of between the Volks Goh Guy and EB- N but they haven't put anything out to fill the skinny guy and teenage boy-shaped holes left by the EBs getting discontinued :<

CinnamonSatin

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »
I have been considering Obitsu, but all of the Obitsus cost 20 dollars or more. I don't have that much to spend...

I've seen 5 people on the internet--from the US, mind you--who boast that they own EB-Ns and it seems like they got them very easily (one woman's husband bought one for her).

Obitsus also look cheaper and less poseable than their Dollfie counterparts.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:39:23 PM by CinnamonSatin »

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:12:39 AM »
Do you mean these ones? Also Obitsus' can usually pose like dreams. I know the 60cm ones constantly outpost Dollfie Dreams and are more study in the long run. :o

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »
Good news for Volks customers! From the Volks site:

Hi everyone.

You may have seen it announced on our Event Blog, but both our web store and Tenshi no Sumika in Los Angeles will be closed for a brief period coming up soon.

Since it has been stable for a few months now, we finally got the go ahead to change all of our prices to better reflect the current exchange rate. We are closing up shop so that we can focus on doing that.

The web store will be closed from Tuesday, August 27th at 11AM until Saturday, August 31st at 11AM. Any orders placed up to that
point on Tuesday will be processed and shipped. Orders placed once the website reopens will be processed beginning on Wednesday, September 4th as we are closed that Monday and Tuesday for the Labor Day holiday.

Tenshi no Sumika in Los Angeles will be closed on August 31st and September 1st. We will reopen the following weekend (September 7th and 8th.)

Thanks so much for your understanding!

~Bailey

At last prices will be adjusted down! Yay! So you may be able to pick up a cheaper Neo Guy soon!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal