Pony Talk > Off Topic

Shipping horror stories

<< < (2/3) > >>

Carrehz:
I've had a few parcels take... interesting detours, too. I remember one that came from Japan, arrived in London, and then inexplicably went on a day-trip to Germany before returning to the UK and being delivered to me! Still not sure what happened there.

Can't think of any horror stories off hand, must rack my brains! Oh - I did have one get lost a few years ago - can't remember exactly what happened though... something like, it bounced around various US states for a while and then got lost? Not sure if it ever came back to the seller (I hope so!) - luckily they had another of the item in the same condition and were able to replace it, so it worked out okay, but I still wonder what happened to the first one..

invaderhorizongreen:
I bought the mom with the surprise twins pony from someone here years ago. My pony and babies were last spotted on Ohio and went awol for a week, then finally showed up. Tracking never updated as half the number got torn off. So my ponies went off on an adventure and then decided to come to my house. So glad they made it in the end.

Loa:
I ordered some guinea pig signs from Etsy for my nephews birthday. For some reason, they put "Auckland, United States" on the package.

>_<

It got delayed for 15 weeks.

toyjunky:
Yes on having issues in the last few months with tracking lagging on updating using USPS or being held in one facility for a week before actually being sent further along to the final destination.

Not a pony purchase, but I did buy something on Amazon a month ago that was to arrive with 2 day shipping. The tracking showed it was sent out of Las Vegas, and then went to Brazil before being delivered to California. My only logic for weird things like that is that they are flown to global/major shipping distribution centers. I have had similar things happen with packages being flown to other states before coming back to California, but none that have gotten flown to another country before arriving.

Harmonie:
Nothing pony related. I mean there was one time where the tracker said my package (G3 Autumn Skye IIRC) had been delivered but it was nowhere to be find and I freaked out. Turns out it was delivered later in the day.

A much worse experience was something I ordered once that said it was delivered but wasn't, and it turns out that it was delivered to someone else. Very frustrating. I think it was delivered across town, where I lived was pretty simple, I thought.

Also very recently with my medication. We ordered it no shorter than two weeks in advance, I had never had any issues before and most certainly did not anticipate it happening since it had always gone so smoothly. Well, this was the week after the polar air that effected the south and that apparently caused issues with deliveries. The tracking was so weird. It said more than once that it had been delivered, but it hadn't. Finally, it came... On the morning I needed it. That was a close one. An incredibly close one. I was so freaked out. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version