collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sega/Magic Knight Rayearth dolls  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Sega/Magic Knight Rayearth dolls
« on: March 31, 2020, 03:17:04 PM »
Does anyone have any dolls Sega made for old anime series, Magic Knight Rayearth, Sakura Wars, anything? I wanted the MKR dolls, but I read a review of the Hikaru that she's made of hollow plastic and not much better than dollar store doll quality. Can anyone confirm this? I don't really want such a low quality doll, but I'm hoping it's an exaggeration...  I've looked everywhere and can't find any other reviews about plastic quality.

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • View Profile
Re: Sega/Magic Knight Rayearth dolls
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
There seems to be a number of reviews and unboxings on youtube. Not much in English, but you can get a good look at her  anyway. Or maybe your language skills are more latin based than mine, lol.  She's very cute, I'd say even if the quality is little different than your usual, if you really like her, go for it.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:38:18 PM »
Yeah, I looked at the few English ones, but I can't do much with the others. I really do love the attention to detail! Sega did a great job there. It's hard for me to believe they would have used hollow plastic. But then even Mattel started doing that; my Belle doll is that way. Thanks; I really might just get her!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 04:56:16 PM »
The chara doll versions?

I had the Sakura Shinguji doll as a teenager. I can't recall good details for you, but I know they were pretty on par for japanese toy dolls at the time... which I had always considered to be nice quality. I'd hesitate to call them dollar store quality as the face is nicely sculpted, with nice details on the clothes.

The body is certainly a cheapo body. I think that's on par with other toy dolls?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:59:18 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »
Yeah, the face and hair are beautiful! (I had thought the Chara Dolls were re-releases of the originals, but I could be wrong, because Hikaru's hair looks different in that pic.) Thanks for the info and pic. The bodies do look pretty cheap. I'm used to solid plastic with Barbie and Irwin company dolls. Hollow plastic outside of dollar store dolls is always kind of a shock to me!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 05:13:03 PM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 05:31:12 PM »
I mean, according to this site-- the chara dolls are rereleases? -- but there's also the DX ones too. So maybe that accounts for the hair style?

http://shoujodolls.com/index.php/en/catalogue/fashion-doll/2544-chara-doll-selection-shidou-hikaru
http://shoujodolls.com/index.php/en/catalogue/fashion-doll/1171-dx-shidou-hikaru

(^_^; I just figured I'd clarify in case I was missing something, since I had to think about which Sakura doll I had owned.)

Not sega, but I have this SM doll and she's hollow (legs and body):
http://shoujodolls.com/index.php/en/catalogue/fashion-doll/201-eternal-sailor-moon-sailor-team-beauty-change

For me -- personally -- I wouldn't hesitate to put them in my collection. :) I think they are adorable.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 06:39:24 PM »
That one is lovely too! The one I was looking at was closer to the Chara doll, though, as far as her clothes go.

Intriguing doll concept! That is a cute Sailor Moon. Interesting that Bandai was doing hollow bodies. I hadn't realized that!

My only concern is if they'd fall apart on me. I would hate that!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal