collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So It's ILLEGAL to Sell SkyDancers on Ebay? Suspended! Now What.  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So It's ILLEGAL to Sell SkyDancers on Ebay? Suspended! Now What.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 02:19:57 PM »
It's a huge pain D:

I know a few people who have gotten away with selling them on Mercari if they list it as a collectible vs toy and it doesn't stay up for more than 24 hours. But even that's dicey. Makes it seriously hard to find them as well because they just don't pop up locally often. :/

So far my luck has been one that was chewed by a dog XD

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »
Wait why would it be illegal? I'm out of the loop on these things XD. Sorry its a pain!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 05:47:30 PM »
Wait why would it be illegal? I'm out of the loop on these things XD. Sorry its a pain!

It is illegal in the US to sell a toy that has been recalled (and it doesn't expire). Online or offline sales. https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/ResellersGuide.pdf

And eBay will remove listings that are reported to them.
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/product-safety-policy?id=4300
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline zap18

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Friends Forever Convention
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »
While no one is arguing that recalled toys should be sold to kids, or handed out to them (bad Halloween idea, don't do it, lol), or shot at their eyeballs, I think the problem with the Sky Dancers scenario is twofold:

1. The rule is unevenly applied.  A quick glance at ebay shows quite a few active and completed listings.
2. Even though there was a recall,  the same technology has been repackaged and sold over and over again since the recall.  Under the Skydancers name more than once, even.  As a consumer, this leads to questions about the original recall.

The problem for the OP is escalated to another level.  Ebay should not have suspended the account without a warning.

I have listed Skydancers on ebay before as well and had them pulled.  I got a warning message.  At the time, I also got annoyed by how many other listings were still up when mine were pulled, with no rhyme or reason to it.  I have found a few alternate sites to list them over the years, but at this point I've actually accumulated a great collection by default.

Now I'm probably going to be buying some of yours at the Pony Friends Forever Convention, lol.  It's not my fault... it's ebay's fault...  :silly:

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 07:15:27 PM »

It is illegal in the US to sell a toy that has been recalled (and it doesn't expire). Online or offline sales. https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/ResellersGuide.pdf

And eBay will remove listings that are reported to them.
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/product-safety-policy?id=4300
Oh!! Didn't know they were recalled, just learned of them this week! Thanks

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 11:11:43 AM »
I had genuinely no idea there was ever anything about those toys, but then someone mentioned they're not illegal in Europe so..?

The interesting thing about this is that in most cases Europe (by which I mean the EU specifically, not necessarily everywhere in Europe) has much stricter safety regulations on anything than many other parts of the world (cue one thing in hectic discussion here about trade deals with countries outside of the EU and regulations etc)

So my suspicion is either they weren't that dangerous and it was a spate of complaints that blew up because Galoob were really unlucky in the US, or there were some product modifications that ensured they flew (no pun intended) beneath the radar here. But then you guys have rules about Kinder Eggs which are on sale here on literally every high street, so it may simply be that the US's toy safety rules have different parameters.

In any case I'm sorry it was a suspension without a warning. If it was a first time doing anything against Ebay's rules and you didn't know then they should have taken the auctions down and issued you a warning, but left it at that. If you aren't stating it specifically and explicitly by name in your rules and regulation, expecting a private seller clearing out old stuff to know what the site does and doesn't allow, toywise, is unreasonable. A warning would be enough to tell you that much.

Most probably if this restriction is on them, they'd also be stopped at customs like the Kinder Eggs, so even the European sellers would probably not be able to sell to the US (or vice versa) either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2020, 10:17:23 PM »
I've have been flagged for listing an empty Skydancers Bubble bath bottle by ebay in the past. I knew about the toy ban but I think they have a keyword search that auto pulls listings down because I was almost immediately pulled for it. So you can't call it a skydancer even if it's a book
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal